NC NC - Amber Lundgren, 20, Asheville, 7 June 1997

zelmajane

Reaction score
In short, she left a night club, got in to a truck with a guy (allegedly) and was found murdered the next day.

Crime site that explains the story very well- http://www.crimenet.org/show_unsolved.phtml?id=86&sid=

Message board that explains it fairly well- http://www.mountainx.com/forums/viewthread/2648/P0/

Edit to add-
She was twenty at the time of her murder. There is debate to whether she was considered a "party girl" or not (which shouldn't matter, no one deserves her fate), her friends claim she rarely drank.

One link says she was stabbed one time and friends of Ambers say she was stabbed 11 times on the other link.
Very conflicting reports about the color of the truck.

One link says she was stabbed one time and friends of Ambers say she was stabbed 11 times on the other link.
Very conflicting reports about the color of the truck.

I think that the conflicting statements from the detective and the witnesses can be attributed to the difference between a killing stab wound and defense wounds. The first article linked in the OP quotes the detective as saying there were some bruises and defensive cuts, so I'm thinking that the conflict isn't actually conflicting, but rather the difference between a professional and a friend's opinion as to what happened.

Further, what is interesting is that she had bruises and fought, apparently, very hard for her life. As the bruises were unable to be covered by post mortem makeup (which usually is able to cover most bruises), I think that she was held for awhile after being beat, for those bruises to be developed; if that's true, then she was either taken earlier, or died later, than what is thought (or I'm completely wrong; that is more likely the case).

As to the difference between a green and a red truck, I've known for years that for some reason, those colors are insanely difficult to distinguish between in low/night light. The reason is the rods/cones in the eye cannot distinguish the wavelength, as they are similar lengths, in low light. I was hit by a car when I was a child, and have clear memories of hitting the hood of a red car. Actually, the car was green. So...memories can also play tricks.

I also think the UBSUB was smart in putting her into running water; it would "wash" the body, and take away some of the forensic evidence that would link UnSub with the body, the murder scene, and clothing. I think that was fairly deliberate, and done with a working man's knowledge of forensics.

This will be an interesting cold case to follow...

Best-
Herding Cats

Here is a great story written shortly after her death.

It is about how much everyone loved her, what a good person she was, etc. Your general "a young person just died" piece.

http://www.mountainx.com/news/2010/remembering_amber_originally_published_july_2_1997

that article is just heartbreaking.

I cant believe how often these horrible things happen ... people get caught up in the big cases but the sheer volume of cases we rarely hear anything about, that go unsolved, is horrific.

I found this article from May of this year, but haven't been able to locate any info as to if they've actually submitted any samples yet or the outcome of any testing done.

From May 2015:
http://www.wlos.com/shared/news/fea...report-cold-case-squad-372.shtml#.Vf8-KGt5mK2

A new SBI Cold Case Unit as well as Asheville Cold Case detectives are hoping that new advances in DNA testing might help solve 3 cold case murders (Amber Lundgren 1997, Pam Murray 1987, and Virginia Olsen 1973).

In Amber's case, it appears they recovered some touch DNA as well as a rape kit, which they are hoping will provide them with a tangible lead.

I am shocked it happened in Asheville. Is there an article that talks specifically about her cause of death?

hi all Gail davis was murdered 2 months after amber lundgren was found and they both lived 1 block from each other i think the detectives are not doing very good job solving these cases

hi all at Asheville nc gail was found at lyman street beaten up she was 19 also Amber lundgren was found stabbed 2 months prior both was found on the 7th of those months strange there both found on the 7th and both lived 1 block from each other someone from linden ave or robindale ave knows something gail was my sweetheart i cant understand why both case are unsolved where the Mchahon murders from 1989 was solved 3 decades later 22 years is far to long to be unsolved Fbi should be involved

Attachments

• case (2).jpg
    case (2).jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Amber-Elaine-Lundgren.jpg
    Amber-Elaine-Lundgren.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 21
I am shocked it happened in Asheville. Is there an article that talks specifically about her cause of death?
not that i know of it had appeal on youtube and thats it amber lundgren was talked more and her story was put in moutainxpress paper

Me too i loved asheville now im living in uk but i want to go back and help get this case solved
also i had 2 girls who told me who did it and why but they never came forward in which i only found out last week it was not solved bcz these 2 girls never came forward

that article is just heartbreaking.

I cant believe how often these horrible things happen ... people get caught up in the big cases but the sheer volume of cases we rarely hear anything about, that go unsolved, is horrific.
Exactly and is sad and gail was found 2 months after amber

I found this article from May of this year, but haven't been able to locate any info as to if they've actually submitted any samples yet or the outcome of any testing done.

From May 2015:
http://www.wlos.com/shared/news/fea...report-cold-case-squad-372.shtml#.Vf8-KGt5mK2

A new SBI Cold Case Unit as well as Asheville Cold Case detectives are hoping that new advances in DNA testing might help solve 3 cold case murders (Amber Lundgren 1997, Pam Murray 1987, and Virginia Olsen 1973).

In Amber's case, it appears they recovered some touch DNA as well as a rape kit, which they are hoping will provide them with a tangible lead.
lets pray the cold case unit finds the person responsible also gail's case too she was killed after amber

Today is the 22nd anniversary of Gail;s unsolved murder she is sadly missed by all her family and friends also i miss her too lets hope it gets solved soon

Attachments

• 67722345_909587166053291_9098219520232783872_n.jpg
    67722345_909587166053291_9098219520232783872_n.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 10

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members