IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
257055720-08091055.jpg

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-laur...r-missing-iu-student-20110608,0,1261306.story

Bloomington Police search for missing 20 year old woman
Lauren Spierer, age 20.
She is a white female, 4 feet 11 inches tall, slender build, has blue eyes and long blonde hair. She is listed as a student according to IU Bloomington's website.
Spierer was last seen walking south on College Avenue from 11th Street on her way back to her apartment in Smallwood Plaza, located on College Avenue.
She did not arrive to her apartment and video footage does not show her entering the apartment complex.
Spierer was wearing a white tank top with a loose, light colored button shirt over it and full length black stretch pants. She was not wearing shoes.

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6

Media Links
Photos

Please continue here...

Btown's map with truck added at 10th and Morton
aahggg1.jpg

What was said about activities is as follows:

""We have information from that video that again gives us an indication not only of the direction (of her travel) but the activities that have taken place from where that video shows," said Capt. Qualters, who told reporters that surveillance cameras in the vicinity of 10th Street and College Avenue and adjoining alleys may show Spierer walking from her Smallwood Plaza apartment building to 5 North Townhomes at 11th Street and Morton Avenue."
http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-surv...spierer-last-spotted-20110612,0,7227876.story

Thanks!

I don't think he's saying there's activity in the alley at all, but maybe that's just me. :twocents:

Thanks!

I don't think he's saying there's activity in the alley at all, but maybe that's just me. :twocents:

I took it to interpret there is some sort of activity on the video itself. But I agree it's not really clear what he is trying to say.

I think he's saying she appears intoxicated and he appears disoriented.

I think "activities" is a word used to cover all events taking place in the vicinity - whether it is someone just walking by, people speaking to one another, etc. It is one of those generic phrases used so regularly when you hear the police speak.....just my opinion :)
Creole

I think "activities" is a word used to cover all events taking place in the vicinity - whether it is someone just walking by, people speaking to one another, etc. It is one of those generic phrases used so regularly when you hear the police speak.....just my opinion :)
Creole

Yes, even walking could be described as an "activity." I still don't understand why the police won't confirm who else was in the video with LS.

Creole

That was my impression. Cop talk.

IMO

they could have been kissing or making out just past the alley, which is why she set her keys and clutch down on the railing...and perhaps...walked off without them.

Or he may have been falling over and she put her clutch down to help him up and forgotten about it. If the cameras were from the alley were pointed down that sidewalk toward the railing, they would have seen that going down on camera.

But I don't think any of this has to do with why she disappeared or the circumstances, other than the fact that she was probably three sheets to the wind and therefor potentiall incapacitated if she continuted to drink and party at the 5 North building.

"We have information from that video that again gives us an indication not only of the direction (of her travel) but the activities that have taken place from where that video shows," said Capt. Qualters, who told reporters that surveillance cameras in the vicinity of 10th Street and College Avenue and adjoining alleys may show Spierer walking from her Smallwood Plaza apartment building to 5 North Townhomes at 11th Street and Morton Avenue."
http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-surve...,7227876.story

Yes, even walking could be described as an "activity." I still don't understand why the police won't confirm who else was in the video with LS.

I agree. It seems if they believed the kid was messed up, and maybe had some difficulty walking to his apt with LS, and they believe the roommate that said he put CR to bed...you would think they would just come out and say yes, he was walking with her. Maybe you can't see his face in the videos? So, they can tell it's a guy, but can't "confirm" it's CR? IDK.

I agree. It seems if they believed the kid was messed up, and maybe had some difficulty walking to his apt with LS, and they believe the roommate that said he put CR to bed...you would think they would just come out and say yes, he was walking with her. Maybe you can't see his face in the videos? So, they can tell it's a guy, but can't "confirm" it's CR? IDK.

But they could look at what he was wearing, even if they can't see the face. They would have videos of him from earlier, so they should be able to figure it out.

But they could look at what he was wearing, even if they can't see the face. They would have videos of him from earlier, so they should be able to figure it out.

True.

I sure hope LE is doing a good job here. They're doing well keeping a tight lip, that's for sure.

It came out to the media that there was a fight between JW's friends and CR in the lobby at Smallwood, but no one has said anything about CR and LS being messed up drunk or anything. You would think if she was so entirely out of it when they stopped back by Smallwood, someone would have said something about that? Or maybe I missed it.

True.

I sure hope LE is doing a good job here. They're doing well keeping a tight lip, that's for sure.

It came out to the media that there was a fight between JW's friends and CR in the lobby at Smallwood, but no one has said anything about CR and LS being messed up drunk or anything. You would think if she was so entirely out of it when they stopped back by Smallwood, someone would have said something about that? Or maybe I missed it.

"This witness told Fox59 News that Spierer appeared intoxicated and Rossman was paying what could be described as, "inappropriate," attention to her."

http://www.fox59.com/news/education...t-offers-100k-reward-20110609,0,7313102.story

they could have been kissing or making out just past the alley, which is why she set her keys and clutch down on the railing...and perhaps...walked off without them.

IIRC a boy found them laying on the ground and set them on the rail.

Police arrived early Friday outside Lauren Spierer's apartment building, went inside, and emerged about ten minutes later. Eyewitness News Reporter Steve Jefferson said they were holding a brown paper bag, like an evidence bag. The bag was placed in one of the police cars. The officers left running their red lights and sirens.

http://www.wthr.com/story/14922685/bloomington-police-examine-timeline-of-missing-students-movements

Will probably ask if this is related at the press conference today.

I'm really hoping the BPD will reveal some helpful insights or findings at the press conference today. I'm still new to web sleuthing, but I feel like this case gets more and more mysterious and strange every day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni