Does Baez Actually Believe Casey is Innocent? - A Philosophical Discussion

missm

POSTPARTUM SCHIZOPHRENIA! Yes folks, you heard tha
Reaction score
While I understand that everyone is entitled to a vigorous defense because that is how the justice system works, many of us are sincerely wondering how the DT can sleep at night with this case, with the monumental amount of evidence against the inmate.

Do you genuinely think that JB, CM etc truly believe that the inmate had nothing to do with Caylee's death?

Aside from any other reason for taking on this case (for fame, to become DP qualified, as a final swan song before retirement, for the potential income for book deals & interviews down the road, etc) do you really think in their hearts and guts she is innocent?

While I understand that everyone is entitled to a vigorous defense because that is how the justice system works, many of us are sincerely wondering how the DT can sleep at night with this case, with the monumental amount of evidence against the inmate.

Do you genuinely think that JB, CM etc truly believe that the inmate had nothing to do with Caylee's death?

Aside from any other reason for taking on this case (for fame, to become DP qualified, as a final swan song before retirement, for the potential income for book deals & interviews down the road, etc) do you really think in their hearts and guts she is innocent?

Absolutely not. They all know she is guilty. They're just doing their job.

JB knows she's guilty.
And, before CM was part of the DT, he was proclaiming just how guilty she was!

No Way Jose
"You can pretty well predict there's going to be a life sentence, either a plea and get it over with or have a circus trial and then be convicted and get life,"Cheney Mason

Baez knows she's guilty. He knew she was guilty when he took the case. He wanted to defend a young thang like Casey. ;)

No Way Jose
"You can pretty well predict there's going to be a life sentence, either a plea and get it over with or have a circus trial and then be convicted and get life,"Cheney Mason

And we all know who the clowns are in this circus. :innocent:

No, I believe he thinks she mentally off and is only going with what she gave him to try to save her life.

I highly doubt it. In opening statements he said that Caylee drowned, and now he's trying to introduce some phone calls from a convicted kidnapper - he seems to be changing his strategy half way through the trial. If he thought she was innocent, he would have one story to tell. As for the other lawyer, I'm still trying to figure out why people say he has a great reputation.

No, I believe he thinks she mentally off and is only going with what she gave him to try to save her life.

Did she have an opportunity to make a plea deal before the body was found ... somehow, that's sitting in the back of my mind. If it was a drowning, why didn't Baez jump at that - if he really believed that she was innocent.

They ALL know she is guilty.
JB thinks he will be another F. Lee Bailey or Perry Mason (make believe).
They are in it for book deals, publicity etc.........but it will back fire IMO.
JB looks like trash talk lawyer to me.
DT trying to just save her life from DP.

I don't think JB has believed in her innocence since he heard the first LE tape. I think JB sold the ICA kool-aid and other DT members joined the team thinking she was innocent...at first but have long hit the road since. I think CM only joined for the noteriety and Simms well I think she believes everyone innocent of course until she hears video tape visitations!

JMHO

I've often wondered if she confessed to him. Some lawyers tell their clients not to tell them anything. Others, like Mr Houze in Portland Or don't care if they are guilty or innocent, just that they are given a fair trial. IMO

BBM - Um... That would be a big NO! [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er2G0OszXEk"]YouTube - ‪Cheney Mason....really?‬‏[/ame]

Oh hell to the no!!! Girl, puhleeze! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

This is the thing that I just can't get my head around: a child could not be a more innocent victim of a crime. They truly are the most defenseless.

When you know what is right, and moral and just, how on earth could you aid a murderer to get away with such a thing, scot free? The murder of a helpless baby. A baby who had no hope of fighting back, a baby who had unconditional love and trust for the mother that killed her. It boggles my mind.

In order to be able to do his job, wouldn't JB have to believe on some level of the inmate's innocence? How can he possibly square it away in his heart, otherwise?

I will never understand how somebody can defend the indefensible.

He knows - he has to. No telling how many lies he has caught her in. He is just trying to "prove" she is innocent and that does not mean he actually believes it himself - just doing his job.

Keeping in mind that the first 400 weren't released until after he was her attorney, I believe that in the beginning he believed her...or at least wanted to believe her so badly.

I do not believe that he has believed her since the first 400 were released, or at the very latest, after December 11th, but I can't imagine it took that long.

I would love to have been a fly on the wall in that office while he read those 400 pages.

I will never understand how somebody can defend the indefensible.

There must be some qualified defense attorneys that have read what you have written here.

I, for one, would be extremely interested and appreciative of a response to your comments by one of them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back