What will you do when this trial is OVER!?

affinity

Reaction score
(I hope my question is appropriate for the main page, but whatever the mods decide is fine with me, of course).

It's Sunday and I am hopelessly hooked on the trial and looking forward to tomorrow so I can get up at 5:30 am (west coast) and get back to Casey Anthony trial watching. I haven't gotten up early for anything in years!

I watched the OJ Simpson trial in 1995. I was ailing in those days and self employed so I was able to recline in a lovely leather recliner to watch nearly the entire thing. When the verdict came in I was stunned. I swore off trials all together and I never watched another trial after that (until now).

I happened onto Websleuths long after Casey was arrested. I saw one jailhouse visit tape (the one where she got mad) and I was immediately HOOKED. I had to go backward to try to catch up (and everyone at WS helped me tons).

I love this trial! All my friends and family know it. They always ask me, what will you do when this trial is over? I know when the trial is over I will MISS IT! I believe I can say with a certain authority, however, I won't watch another. I just doubt seriously that there will be anything remotely this interesting come up. Well, perhaps I would watch Casey Anthony's appeal trial, but I'm uncertain. For me, I will probably go back to doing all the things I did before the trial.

What about you? Are you a seasoned trial watcher who will watch other trials for sure, or is this a one shot deal for you?

Hopefully I will go back to my normal life. Hahahaha! I have become obsessed and it's really starting to annoy my friends and family.

I feel like I might go through some sort of withdrawal, thats for sure..

There are other cases...
I think I will be relieved when it is over. Casey Anthony isn´t really a pleasant person to spend your days with! But for some reason, I am hooked, much like the rest of you here.

I am going to lose all of the weight I have packed on over the past three years. I have spent all of my spare time on here instead of exercising.

Unfortunately, for me there is not a shortage of interesting cases... so after this trial is over I will probably continue to read about, consider my opinions, and possibly even watch the trials in other cases. The Peterson, Cummings(sp?), and Horman cases are what I suspect will be most interesting to me after this one is over.

My cats miss my attention and miss me playing with them....that's one thing for sure.

Since I believe this will finish around the 4th I will celebrate. The fireworks are for Caylee.

There are other cases...
I think I will be relieved when it is over. Casey Anthony isn´t really a pleasant person to spend your days with! But for some reason, I am hooked, much like the rest of you here.

True but, I think the reason being is because we all want justice! I think it's her demeanor that makes everyone so determined with making sure she pays for the crime she committed against little Caylee! I'm sure there's gonna be another crime similar to this one that'll pull all of us together once again, sad but true! Maybe we can all jump on the Haleigh Cummings mystery & figure out that one....

I consider myself a true crime junkie, but I'm self employed, a wife, mom & caregiver of a elderly relative who has Alzheimer's Disease.. so I don't usually have much extra time to watch trials, but this case caught my attention from the moment it was reported here locally (I'm very close to Orlando) & I have been somewhat obsessed with it ever since. I don't get to watch as much of the proceedings as I would like, but I try to catch up here every day or night if possible. I don't think this will be a one shot deal for me as I am sure other trials will catch my attention & interest. For me, that will probably never change.

It can be said with certainty that KC will miss it when it is ovah too!

I don't know. If there are other interesting cases, I'll probably stick around. Better than visiting fashion blogs all day, lol. BUT OH YEAH, I'd probably go outside more. LOL.

"Unfortunately" I am going away on vacation on the 27th of June until the third of July - I will miss a lot. That drives me nuts.... :maddening:

I expect my withdrawal from the case to be slow but steady. I think we'll continue to discuss the trial and sentencing for several weeks after it ends. There will be a lot of follow-up commentaries to discuss, and I'm sure that key participants will make the rounds of talk shows that we'll watch and discuss here.

OT: The new TIME magazine has an article about the Anthony case with a full page photo of Casey. I don't know how soon it will be available online, but I'll give you a little tease and say that it's not particularly favorable to the prosecution.

I'll watch other trials the rest of my life, too many years around it now. This trial is actually irritating for me, it is showing a bad side of defense attorneys that is well generalized in our society and now other countries too. Defense attorneys are not all this underhanded, some are there to make a difference. Hence Amendments that keep us "free".

I'll be happy and have a big sigh of relief when this one is done, not even sure I will keep up much longer. May stop and will hear the verdict here or on local news, no where near Florida. That is how ridiculous this is.

I'll move on to other trials, I like to see what makes history in different cases. Certainly The Body Farm work is most likely going to be routine in the few cases that will need that sort of scientific expertise. At least I think so. Nothing else happening here other than a normal, daily in this area, murder trial. Other than the above listed complaint, that should not be considered normal, and HHJP pointed it out, had dealt with it before, and will again.

My cats miss my attention and miss me playing with them....that's one thing for sure.

Yeah! Me too! My new 10 week old kitten is feeling neglected a little bit. But also, I was thinking about starting to listen to Howard Stern live in the morning like I used to before the trial and just found out this morning that the free on line streaming of his show has now been removed from the internet! Maybe I will just check out the next case on TruTv - anyone know which one is up next?

Fade back into WS obscurity (I've posted more these last few days than I have in the whole three years I've been reading here) and catch up on my housework and laundry.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back