1097 users online (246 members and 851 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40
    Quote Originally Posted by STANDREID View Post
    50 years ago - 1968 January 2 - In Eastern Pennsylvania, Arthur Noe, 5 months, is murdered by his mother Marie Noe. She had began killing her infant children in 1949 and wound up with Arthur being her eighth and last victim. Mrs. Noe had been passing the deaths off as from natural causes like Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. The killer is currently free on probation.

How on earth did she get probation?

McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverjug View Post
    How on earth did she get probation?
    I believe she got that for a guilty plea to 8 murders but Lord only knows why.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

50 years ago - 1968 January 26 - In Oregon, Linda Slawson, 19, has the misfortune of knocking on Jerry Brudos's door while out selling encyclopedias. The nascent serial killer lures the young woman into his garage where he murders her. Brudos then dressed her remains in various undergarments he'd stolen and posed the body for his pleasure. Later, he sawed off her left foot, which he kept in his refrigerator, and threw the rest of Linda's body into a nearby river. Brudos went on to kill more women into the next year then was finally captured and sent to prison for life and died incarcerated in 2006.

Stan Reid

2018 is a major anniversary year with the 50th for the Tate-LaBianca Murders and the first murders of Zodiac and Bible John as well as the 100th for the first murders of the New Orleans Axeman plus others.

Stan Reid

50 years ago - 1968 February 7 - Serial killer Lee Roy Martin rapes and strangles Nancy Parris, 20. She was the third of four murders carried out by the South Caroline Strangler. Martin was convicted and sent to prison for life but had only served four years before he was stabbed to death by a fellow inmate.

Stan Reid

Quote Originally Posted by STANDREID View Post
    2018 is a major anniversary year with the 50th for the Tate-LaBianca Murders and the first murders of Zodiac and Bible John as well as the 100th for the first murders of the New Orleans Axeman plus others.
    Strike Tate-LaBianca-that was 1969 not 1968

Stan Reid

50 years ago - 1968 February 8 - A newspaper man receives an anonymous telephone call from a serial killer telling the location of three bodies. The caller will later turn out to be Lee Roy Martin who will go on to murder one more before he is caught. Martin was convicted and sent to a South Carolina prison for life but had only served four years before he was stabbed to death by a fellow inmate.

Stan Reid

50 years ago - 1968 February 9 - Frankie Jensen, 9, disappears while on his way to school in London, Ontario. Two months later, he is found floating in the Thames River with a fractured skull. His murder remains unsolved.

Stan Reid

100 years ago - 1918 February 10 - In England, sixteen-year-old Nellie Trew is found deceased. It was determined that she'd been raped and strangled. Items left near the body gave the case its name, the Button and Badge Murder. David Greenwood, 21, was convicted of the killing and sentenced to hang but this was reduced due to his mental state which was blamed on his service in the Great War. He was released from prison in 1933.

Stan Reid

50 years ago - 1968 February 13 - Serial killer Lee Roy Martin abducts fifteen-year-old Opal Buckson as she walks to school. She will be strangled and stabbed and her nude body will be discovered in a few days. Opal is believed to be the fouth and final murder victim of the South Carolina Strangler. Martin was convicted and sent to prison for life but had only served four years before he himself was stabbed to death by a fellow inmate.

Stan Reid

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40