Why does Websleuths take so long to load?

wallflower67

Reaction score
Lately, it seems like every page takes at least a minute to load, which is quite annoying when you are continually browsing and posting in the Caylee thread.

I don't remember it always being this way, and it seem to be due to ads. I do not have this problem on my work computer, but ads are blocked there.

Is this the problem?

Is there a way of subscribing to the forum for a monthly fee so that one does not have to see the ads?

It's been loading fine for me, both here (non-ads) and at my work when I sign in as a guest. And my internet at work is quite antiquated.

Lately, it seems like every page takes at least a minute to load, which is quite annoying when you are continually browsing and posting in the Caylee thread.

I don't remember it always being this way, and it seem to be due to ads. I do not have this problem on my work computer, but ads are blocked there.

Is this the problem?

Is there a way of subscribing to the forum for a monthly fee so that one does not have to see the ads?

I have been having problems with my pages loading slowly too. I have noticed it more the past few days.

I have been having problems with my pages loading slowly too. I have noticed it more the past few days.

At least I'm not alone! At 1st I thought it was because of the high # of users, but then I realized it was only on my own computer.

Is this the problem?

:seeya: I am not sure about forum subs. You may want to pm one of the mods on that. As far as the page loading being slow for you it could be multiple reasons. Try clearing your cookies. Another reason could be your internet provider. I have cox high speed. I would never go with dial up.
You might also try defragging your computer. Something that is good to set your system up to do regularly.

Good luck!
Tracker

I am having this problem as well. Pages are taking forever to load.

I thought it was my computer but while I'm waiting for a page to load I sometimes open another window to try other sites and those pages load quickly.

Is there no solution?

Lately, it seems like every page takes at least a minute to load

1 minute? I block signatures, avy's and pictures in threads and it still takes some of them a couple minutes to fully load. If I had all that stuff showing up, I am sure it would take well over 15 minutes to load up.

I do however, know what you are talking about. For me the page is just white. For ages. Sometimes it stops loading and there is just a link to here on top of the tab!

I've noticed it being slow as well. Maybe this site needs to upgrade its server(s). Just a thought.

Me too. I have defragged not long ago. And deleted temp internet files, cookies, etc. about once a week.

I delete temp files several times a day, each time IE shuts down, and still find WS loading pages slow if at all. F5 and I are close friends lately.

Try and Ghostery. They keep tracking cookies from loading which can slow down even the fastest computers with the fastest internet connection.

http://www.ghostery.com/

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adblock_Plus"] Plus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

The Google Chrome browser has - no more probs after downloading it a couple months back.

Does WS need a new server w/ all the loading probs lately? Serious question = technologically challenged here

I'm having problems just today and getting a "Server Has Timed-Out" message whenever I post. If I refesh a couple of times it usually goes through.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back