NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Victims.jpg

REMEMBER: DO NOT post links to sex sites - any sex sites. Not even Craig's List sex info. NONE.

DO NOT post home addresses of innocent people or phone numbers. Do not name people that are not in MSM and/or named by LE.

No speculation of ethnicity. It borders on being offensive given that stereotype are not always accurate.

THANK THIS POST BEFORE POSTING IN THIS THREAD.

Salem

I sent this info to crimestoppers:

ATLANTICSGApr302010trickandMBJul2009calls.jpg

Here is a map of the aprox. address, the corner of 32nd Street and 6th Avenue, of the client Shannon Gilberts served in Manhattan between ca 12-12:30 AM May 1, 2010 right before she went out to LI Joseph Brewer.

As you can see that location is right in the neighborhood of the traced phonecalls that the possible serial killer made to Melissa Barthelemy's littel sister in Jul/Aug 2009.

So could the client that Shannan Gilbert served before she went out to LI be the LI serial killer?
Did he follow Shannon Gilbert out to LI?

A long shot I know but then again who knows?

Additionally:
Maureen Brainard-Barnes rang friends in distress July 9, 2007 from the Port Authority Bus Terminal in midtown Manhattan, saying she had been robbed of the money she earned that day.
Port Authority Bus Terminal is located ca 1000 feet west of Time Square

bringing a portion of part III from Chanler's last post over here:

Bold face 3. As her driver, he would have known that she had even less familiarity with the exact location than he did ....

do we really know that Shannan didn't have some prior familiarity with Oak Beach?

I can't understand when she was going thru the neighborhood that night - why she went *past* the gate house and around down Anchor Way.

I still wonder if she was possibly headed to a place she had been to before.

I sent this info to crimestoppers:

ATLANTICSGApr302010trickandMBJul2009calls.jpg

Here is a map of the aprox. address, the corner of 32nd Street and 6th Avenue, of the client Shannon Gilberts served in Manhattan between ca 12-12:30 AM May 1, 2010 right before she went out to LI Joseph Brewer.

As you can see that location is right in the neighborhood of the traced phonecalls that the possible serial killer made to Melissa Barthelemy's littel sister in Jul/Aug 2009.

So could the client that Shannan Gilbert served before she went out to LI be the LI serial killer?
Did he follow Shannon Gilbert out to LI?

A long shot I know but then again who knows?

Additionally:
Maureen Brainard-Barnes rang friends in distress July 9, 2007 from the Port Authority Bus Terminal in midtown Manhattan, saying she had been robbed of the money she earned that day.
Port Authority Bus Terminal is located ca 1000 feet west of Time Square

to add --

wasn't MBB hotel on 46th St in Manhattan?

http://www.dnainfo.com/20110516/manhattan/nypd-officer-last-contact-murder-victim-sources-say

Hey NY and LI locals,
Are there new prostitutes reported missing since 7 June? I've been Googleing and cannot find any reliable missing persons reports. Any tips? My POI has just returned to NYC and I wanted to check if there has been somethings happening since he arrived.....THX

do we really know that Shannan didn't have some prior familiarity with Oak Beach?

I can't understand when she was going thru the neighborhood that night - why she went *past* the gate house and around down Anchor Way.

i recall reading a piece that indicated SG reported to the 911 operator that she believed she was in Fire Island, not Oak Beach. sorry i don't have a link.

Do we know if the 4 Gilgo Beach women did the same type of drugs? I'm still amazed that the SK seemed to get these women (who all seemed to be very good about taking precautions in order to protect their safety) to drop their guard and go to him or with him. This makes me think that they either knew him very well (so well that they unquestioningly trusted him) or they needed a fix and he promised a big drug payout in addition to a large amount of cash. If they knew him very well, then it would seem to me that their families and/or boyfriends would have been able to name names since there is a chance that the women talked about this guy. I'm starting to think that there may be a drug connection involved here. I would hope that these boyfriends and friends would start talking about what drugs these girls were in to and quite possibly mention any connections they had to drug dealers. Maybe LE needs to put more heat on the boyfriends to get them to start talking. I have a feeling that drugs may be the key here in connecting the victims to one person.

Since ALC had two lengthy conversations with the guy who was presumably the SK, I wonder what the results of the phone trace were, or if these conversations were conducted via Craigslist. Surely an IP address or a number came up? I'm assuming SK used a throw away phone but there has got to be a way to track the number for the phone to the store where it was sold. I'm not too familiar with how those phones work.

Hey NY and LI locals,
Are there new prostitutes reported missing since 7 June? I've been Googleing and cannot find any reliable missing persons reports. Any tips? My POI has just returned to NYC and I wanted to check if there has been somethings happening since he arrived.....THX

This is what I've found:

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/nassau/valley-stream-woman-reported-missing-1.2955475

Not sure why she's a "silver" alert unless she has some cognitive impairment or unless they reported her age wrong but I doubt her age is wrong.

the more familiar I become with oak beach, the more i feel this is true. the part that needs reconciling in my mind is that she was running in fear away from a certain area/people/danger but in reality it seems she headed towards the danger/sk ...

while driving past oak beach everyday on my way home, all the things I learned about this case percolate in my mind, I realized I don't think I shared this when I found it, it's an article about a town meeting to discuss the proposal of condos going in where OBI was:

http://www.babylonbeacon.com/news/2001-01-11/Front_Page/06.html

(relevant section pasted below, full name removed by me)

"CPH, a practicing physician based in Oak Beach, pointed out that environmental concerns are beyond the point of being easily swept aside.

"We’re concerned about health, specifically the increase in waste water from septic systems and the increase in chemicals used to clean and maintain them," CPH explained. "There’s also a very good possibility we could see an increase in mosquito breeding."

CPH said he has other concerns, as well. "What about (unrestricted) access for the fire department?" he pointed out. "And, what about having parking below the flood plane? Cars will have to be parked elsewhere in the event of storms and hurricanes. There are a lot of (things) that need to be addressed. But unfortunately, it seems the proposal already has the blessing of the town board."

what at first seemed like a fairly irrelevant article, now I feel sheds light on 2 important character traits: territorial behavior and being well spoken.

"Territorial: Displaying territoriality; defending a territory from intruders"
I believe our sk is a long time oak beach resident and is very territorial...

As for being well spoken, I have to believe to be awarded the positions and titles that CPH has held in the past, he must be a capable and well spoken individual, I feel his quote in this article shows this to be the case. This guy can handle public speaking. So why the near jibberish when being questioned by the news/media? Why is his affect wrong in his responses to members of the media? And how come I can't sleep? :\

CPH, I hate condos as well, but I am not sure I understand the science behind condos and additional mosquito breeding. Can you explain? You seem to have a better understanding of the shoreline ecology than most OB residents.

NIMBY because that's where I keep my secrets....?

Hi, MrsPC. For several reasons, I don't think that Shannan had familiarity with the area. For one thing, on the 911 call, she was unable to give even an approximate location of where she was. (There have been secondhand reports that she named another locale.) For another, her path seemed more frantic than efficient. And for another, her driver, who one imagines would have known the area if she did, refused to go on her errand because he wasn't familiar with the locale.

Do we know if the 4 Gilgo Beach women did the same type of drugs? I'm still amazed that the SK seemed to get these women (who all seemed to be very good about taking precautions in order to protect their safety) to drop their guard and go to him or with him. This makes me think that they either knew him very well (so well that they unquestioningly trusted him) or they needed a fix and he promised a big drug payout in addition to a large amount of cash. If they knew him very well, then it would seem to me that their families and/or boyfriends would have been able to name names since there is a chance that the women talked about this guy. I'm starting to think that there may be a drug connection involved here. I would hope that these boyfriends and friends would start talking about what drugs these girls were in to and quite possibly mention any connections they had to drug dealers. Maybe LE needs to put more heat on the boyfriends to get them to start talking. I have a feeling that drugs may be the key here in connecting the victims to one person.

Since ALC had two lengthy conversations with the guy who was presumably the SK, I wonder what the results of the phone trace were, or if these conversations were conducted via Craigslist. Surely an IP address or a number came up? I'm assuming SK used a throw away phone but there has got to be a way to track the number for the phone to the store where it was sold. I'm not too familiar with how those phones work.

Hi, Marie-Chantel. I think that if these women with different backstories had a common drug source, it would be known already to police. I think that many prostitutes, perhaps most, have drug problems and, indeed, many first became involved in the sex trade because of those addictions.

Melissa's boyfriend mentioned a thousand dollar trick, which I suspect would, in those days at least, convinced many young women to drop their usual safeguards.

The very good question you ask about the cellphone calls spotlights a difficulty very common to serial killer investigations: Until they close in, law enforcement guards what they do know very tightly.

Hi, MrsPC. For several reasons, I don't think that Shannan had familiarity with the area. For one thing, on the 911 call, she was unable to give even an approximate location of where she was. (There have been secondhand reports, cited above also, that she named the Fire Island.) For another, her path seemed more frantic than efficient. And for another, her driver, who one imagines would have known the area if she did, refused to go on her errand because he wasn't familiar with the locale.

Please stop perpetuating the false "Fire Island" information!! The only information that we got from LE is that she thought she was near "Jones Beach". LE has never mentioned that she thought she was on Fire Island. That information keeps getting rehashed here and I am almost 100% positive that it is false information. The media started this false information back in December and it is not accurate.

Thanks!

while driving past oak beach everyday on my way home, all the things I learned about this case percolate in my mind, I realized I don't think I shared this when I found it, it's an article about a town meeting to discuss the proposal of condos going in where OBI was:

http://www.babylonbeacon.com/news/2001-01-11/Front_Page/06.html

(relevant section pasted below, full name removed by me)

"CPH, a practicing physician based in Oak Beach, pointed out that environmental concerns are beyond the point of being easily swept aside.

"We’re concerned about health, specifically the increase in waste water from septic systems and the increase in chemicals used to clean and maintain them," CPH explained. "There’s also a very good possibility we could see an increase in mosquito breeding."

CPH said he has other concerns, as well. "What about (unrestricted) access for the fire department?" he pointed out. "And, what about having parking below the flood plane? Cars will have to be parked elsewhere in the event of storms and hurricanes. There are a lot of (things) that need to be addressed. But unfortunately, it seems the proposal already has the blessing of the town board."

what at first seemed like a fairly irrelevant article, now I feel sheds light on 2 important character traits: territorial behavior and being well spoken.

"Territorial: Displaying territoriality; defending a territory from intruders"
I believe our sk is a long time oak beach resident and is very territorial...

As for being well spoken, I have to believe to be awarded the positions and titles that CPH has held in the past, he must be a capable and well spoken individual, I feel his quote in this article shows this to be the case. This guy can handle public speaking. So why the near jibberish when being questioned by the news/media? Why is his affect wrong in his responses to members of the media? And how come I can't sleep? :\

CPH, I hate condos as well, but I am not sure I understand the science behind condos and additional mosquito breeding. Can you explain? You seem to have a better understanding of the shoreline ecology than most OB residents.

NIMBY because that's where I keep my secrets....?

Hi, TruthSpider, and thanks for your research. Like you, I would like to know a lot, lot more about the call to Mrs. Gilbert. Things like whether the caller identified himself specifically and memorably; how detailed was Mrs. Gilbert's first report of it; whether such a call has been traced and its early date verified; and, of course, Mr. H.'s account to the police.

Beyond that, Mr. H. seems to me much like the other concerned speakers at this community meeting. In fact, it occurred to me that the clarity of their quotations might have been somewhat aided consciously or unconsciously by the reporter present. And guilty or not, he acted pretty much as I probably would if I was approached by people asking me to defend myself against charges of kidnapping or worse.

In any case, that phone call report troubles me too.

Please stop perpetuating the false "Fire Island" information!! The only information that we got from LE is that she thought she was near "Jones Beach". LE has never mentioned that she thought she was on Fire Island. That information keeps getting rehashed here and I am almost 100% positive that it is false information. The media started this false information back in December and it is not accurate.

Thanks!

Hi, GoatHairJones, thanks for your emphatic statement. Actually, in my original post, I had listed no specific location, but some one on the thread had identified Fire Island. (I had noted that it was secondhand information.) In any case, I will change back the wording to what it was originally.

And it is done.....

Has anyone checked the LISK.com website in a while? The emails and posts are getting very interesting. Especially one poster who has posted many and seems to have specific knowledge and information about the Dr. and Oak Beach....including saying there is a shed near the gate that contained burlap bags, the victims were in water in some sort of drainage ditch, the Dr. drove to AZ and potentially may have discarded remains along the way...further this poster describes a wide ranging and systemic pattern of drugs, sex, and violence in OB. I'm not quite sure what to make of all the posts, but I think it's very very interesting to read nonetheless. Just wondering if others have read any of it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni