What statements do you think will impact the jury the most?

legalmania

Verified Paralegal
Reaction score
Website
www.websleuths.com
Before we get to far into the defenses part of the trial, what statements that were testified to IYO will impact this jury the most? These don't have to be direct quotes.

Cindy Anthony
: Somethings wrong, I found my daughters car today and it
smells like there has been a darn dead body in it.

Lee Anthony
: Casey why can't we pick up Caylee tonight.
Casey: I guess because I'm just a cold hearted b##$$$

Dr. Garavaglia

1. No child should have duct tape on their body anytime.
2. The body was hidden.
3. 100% of all accidents in my jurisdiction involving children 911 is called.

JA- Mr Anthony have you ever sexually assaulted your daughter
GA- No Sir, I've never touched her.
(From memory, not verbatim)

I pray it impacts them.

Not a verbal statement but I think the jury will have a hard time getting the image of CA breaking down on the stand while they played the third 911 call out of their minds. I know I will.

Well, the sarcastic Surprise Surprise from KC when her parents tell there are rumors that it was a drowning I think will make an impact.

Not quoting Dr. G precisely but there's no reason for duct tape to be on a child's face.

ICA *They just want Caylee back, that's all they're worried about right now...

Not all "statements" but:

1. 84 visits to the "how to make chloroform" site.
2. ICA: "Maybe I'm just a spiteful b***ch."
3. Dr. G's entire testimony.
4. All of the jailhouse videos, particularly the one where ICA throws her little tantrum.
5. ICA: "All they care about is finding Caylee."
6. The interview with OCSO recorded at Universal.
7. Cindy: "There's something wrong. We just found the car today. There smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car!"

I've been hearing most of this evidence for the first time and I think I was most struck with the Universal tape. As in, wow, that girl is up to no good. And they gave her the accident excuse and the protecting someone excuse but she didn't take them.

I would be inherently suspicious of anybody who partied like Paris Hilton after her child was not reported missing and her whining because her parents wanted Caylee back didn't sound good either.

The opening statement by JB made perhaps the most important impact because it made no sense to me and I was close to deciding to strike everything the DT said off as a lie from thereafter.

LDB cross exam: "would you say Caylee Marie Anthony was left in a trash dump?" (paraphrased)
Short and to the point.

JA cross examining the bug guy and the pathologist: very efficient IMO.

Cindy Anthony breaking down on the stand versus the coldness and faked tears emanating from Casey.

Everybody saying there was a dead body in the damn car except the defense also strikes me as significant since they admit there was a dead body. So why fight that it was in the car? What are the odds of a child dying and decomposing and there being an unrelated dead body smell in the car at the same time? They have to put Casey as far away from the disposal they can because of the duct tape and maybe because of the trash dump as well. Red flag.

Wow great thread! I don't know if we all just have different lines that stuck out, or if we're reading the list and then adding to it but imagine if the jury does this and everyone reminds everyone else of all the highlights.

I think the hatred and rage on the jail convo with GA and CA.....That really freaked me out! That was PURE evil...IMO

Gotta add one:

JB (paraphrased): It was early morning, no, early afternoon, no, make it the early morning that Caylee Anthony drowned.

One line that has always stood out to me, as being especially chilling, was when Casey was on the phone with the 911 dispatcher, and she tells her that she 'just got a call yesterday and talked to Caylee' and she is fine. That is so cold hearted and conniving.

And of course the classic ' This is just a WASTE, a huge waste.'

Many for me, most that have been mentioned.

Jesse Grund the fact she dumped him because he loved caylee more than her.
One of her friends quoting casey "OMG I am such a good liar"
The blockbuster CCTV footage of the day caylee died
The fact george saw caylee in her "big trouble T shirt and shorts the same ones she was found in. Also caylees bag in the car, no pull ups touched, no dirty clothes.

Everybody saying there was a dead body in the damn car except the defense also strikes me as significant since they admit there was a dead body. So why fight that it was in the car? What are the odds of a child dying and decomposing and there being an unrelated dead body smell in the car at the same time? They have to put Casey as far away from the disposal they can because of the duct tape and maybe because of the trash dump as well. Red flag.

This is such a good point. Did the defense not realize how many people--including expert witnesses and a cadaver dog--smelled that smell? Did they think they could discredit all of them?

I agree with another poster that perhaps the most baldly emotional aspect of the trial was Cindy sobbing on the stand as they played the 911 calls. I can't imagine the pain of not only having to relive the day your life fell apart, but having to do it on the witness stand with everyone's eyes on you. Wow, that was sad.

Yuri Melich and the lies and wild goose chase to apartments and universal
CA 911 call.. dead body comment
Dr. G with her common sence and facts of experience combined
JB and his outlandish story of what happened
Dr. Vass is a credible and very strong witness to me.

I think my top witness that really showed me just how easy this is to put together is Dr. G and it was very amusing to watch the cross when she nailed it even deeper.. the smile on her face leaving witness stand was a final .. take that mr mason .. who had the nerve to insult her at beginning as are you ok or somthing to that extent ... was to let her know i am gonna get ya... ha tables were turned....

I think the taped universal interrogation is going to do Casey in. It had it all. Lies, lies, lies, anger, manipulation, confessions to stealing from Cindy, denials of accident, excuses for going to universal, and finally relief when she thought she might have diverted attention to other states in a search for a zenaida. NO mention or excuse for the smell in car either. Trying to twist it all around on George was a huge mistake, IMO.

What statements do I think will impact the jury the most?

The "statements" presented by the jury's daily observation of Casey Anthony's visual image may very well have a lasting impact.

evil-1.jpg

I know this, and other screen captures made by some of our members, speaks loudly to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back