CA CA - James Lee Crummel and Dr. Burnell Forgey - How Many Children in How Many States?

JeannieC

Reaction score
Child Molestation, Torture, and Murder
Michigan, Missouri, Wisconsin, Arizona, and California

1962 Missouri , while in the Army 17 year old James Lee Crummel was convicted of raping 2 boys and a girl. The boys age 13 and 11 were taken into the woods, tied to a tree and raped.

Feb 1967 Pima County Arizona - Nine Year old Frank Clawson found strangled in the dessert near a baseball field where he played. A belt was around his neck, his shirt was pulled up, and his pants were partially down.

FIVE DAYS LATER HIS NEIGHBOR, JAMES LEE CRUMMEL SUDDENLY MOVED OUT OF THE STATE WITH HIS ROOMMATE.

Apr 1967 Two months after the Frank Clawson murder and nine months before the Wisconsin ordeal with the 14 year old , Crummel was charged and convicted in Los Angeles County for kidnapping and molesting a boy.

1968 In Wisconsin, a trusting 14-year-old boy accepted a ride home with Crummel from football practice. Crummel repeatedly molested the kid in the woods he beat him bloody with a tree branch and left him in a ravine for dead.

The beaten boy managed to crawl out of the woods the following morning.

Apr 19, 1979 James Wilfred Trotter “Jamie” age 13 disappeared from Cosa Mesa California.

Jul 2, 1981 6 year old Jeffery Vargo went missing from Anaheim Hills. He was molested and strangled. His body was found at a construction site.
James Lee Crummel was the main suspect.

May 1982 Crummel was arrested and charged with the murder of 9-year-old Frank Clawson. Unfortunately, Crummel’s old roommate recanted his statement that Crummel confessed to him and refused to co-operate. Crummel was released. Crummel returned to Cal.

1982 Crummel caught molesting a 9 year old at a neighborhood Halloween party. He was dressed up as a alien with glitter on his face. Glitter was found around the boy's genitals.
Parents and guests beat him. Crummel was charged with the molestation and for failing to register as a sex offender. Crummel was found not quilty in the third trial on the molestation. The first 2 trials ended in a split jury. He got 200 days for failing to register as a sex offender.

Feb1983 Pima county once again arrested and charged Crummel for the murder of Frank Clawson.

Nov 1983 Crummel was found guilty of the Frank Clawson murder and he was sentenced to life.

1984 Judge Michael Brown threw out the conviction on the grounds that Crummel‘s lawyer did not adequately defend him. All the physical evidence related to the murder was either missing or tainted and Pima County had no choice accept to allow Crummel to plead down to simple kidnapping.

1987 Crummel was free again.

1990 Someone called the police and told them he had been hiking and had discovered human bones in the wilderness west of Lake Elsinore, Riverside County. The witness led detectives to the site where police discovered scattered bones including a jaw bone with braces. The remains were sent to a forensic scientist who identified the bones as female. The name of the hiker who had led police to Jamie Trotter’s remains was James Lee Crummel.

1995 Crummel was living in Big Bear City, California and 15 counts for molesting three boys were dropped because the statute of limitations had passed on the cases.

1995 Nine-year-old Jack D Phillips, disappeared from a park in Big Bear. James Crummel was in the area at the time.

1996 The remains from Lake Elsinore, River County were re-examined and this time were correctly determined to be male. The braces on the jaw bone were positively identified by Jamie Trotter’s orthodontist and a follow up DNA confirmed that the boy, missing since 1979 had finally been located. Police discovered that in 1979 Crummel lived on the same street as Jamie Trotter between the hotel where Jamie and his mother were staying and his bus stop.

1990 – 1994 Crummel was living with Dr. Burnell Forgey, a psychiatrist with a practice in Costa Mesa, in Forgey’s Newport Beach condominium. In addition to his private practice, Forgey counseled troubled teens at group homes in Southern California and for CEDU in Running Springs.

Feb 1998 80-years-old psychiatrist Burnell Forgey confessed to having oral sex with a 16 year old patient while Crummel sodomized the child. Forgey admitted Crummel had access to adolescent patients files and took him on rounds to group homes, leaving him alone with young patients.

Crummel received a life sentence.

July 2004 Crummel was sentenced to death for the murder of James Trotter.

Aug 2008 The detective on the James Trotter case stated: “On another message board we had a discussion about James Trotter and I received a PM from a relative of James Trotterwho told me something I had never heard before.
"Discovered with the remains of James Trotter were other human remains still unidentified.”

Read this article by one of the lead detectives and messages from Victims' family and friends on:
http://pysih.com/2009/07/11/james-lee-crummel/

I believe there were many more victims and in many more states. I wonder what else Crummel did in other states. How many other children were his victims. He is on Death Row at San Quentin and is trying to exchange the location of Jack D Phillips' body to avoid the death sentence.

Forney has died and we will probably never know how many young boys he molested while in his "care"!

Burnell G Forgey's death record
Name: Burnell G. Forgey
Date of Birth: Thursday December 20, 1917
Date of Death: Thursday November 15, 2001
Est. Age at death: 83 years, 10 months, 26 days
Last known residence:
City: Loma Linda; North Loma Linda
County: San Bernardino
State: California
ZIP Code: 92354

December 1967
Crummel was given 5 years for beating the boy and putting him in the hospital and an indefinite time (pending mental evaluation) on the molestation. He must have gotten out early because he was molesting and killing within a year. I saw an article concerning Crummel Vs the Wisconsin Supreme Court. It had to do with HIS rights and his guilty plea. LOOKS LIKE HE WON AND GOT A GET OUT OF JAIL CARD! I don't have access to the entire article. Its from a legal site.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=CgAqAAAAIBAJ&sjid=-CcEAAAAIBAJ&dq=james-crummel&pg=7453,2877584

It might have been a strange coincidence but the number of runaway juveniles reported from CEDU always seemed to have increased just after Forgey had sessions at the CEDU campus.

DOJ is examining the connection between Crummel being on the CEDU campus and the disappearance of then 17-year-old John Christopher Inman on January 16, 1993 and Blake Wade Pursley, aged 14, on June 26, 1994.

Read Article:

http://www.rigorousintuition.ca/board2/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=27542

December 1967
Crummel was given 5 years for beating the boy and putting him in the hospital and an indefinite time (pending mental evaluation) on the molestation. He must have gotten out early because he was molesting and killing within a year. I saw an article concerning Crummel Vs the Wisconsin Supreme Court. It had to do with HIS rights and his guilty plea. LOOKS LIKE HE WON AND GOT A GET OUT OF JAIL CARD! I don't have access to the entire article. Its from a legal site.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=CgAqAAAAIBAJ&sjid=-CcEAAAAIBAJ&dq=james-crummel&pg=7453,2877584

The only thing more sick than this perverted sexual predator, is the help the courts gave him to keep molesting and killing his victims!

Thank you for posting the information and links Jeannie C. and maybe, one day, LE will realize that once a molester, always a molester!

I have another one on WS that I'd love to have more people looking into. He was a serial killer on the east coast and Canada. It is hard to tell how many boys he killed.

Stanley Everett Rice

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139660"]Stanley Everett Rice - A Chilling Tale of Murder - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Sept 2, 1967 more details.

James Crummel was 23 at the time and lived at 13165 Robbinwood Lane in Brookfield. He picked up the 14 year old boy in his Laundry truck. The boy was hitchhiking home after football practice. The boy was beaten into a semi-consious condition and left a few feet off the road. Mrs Robert Kurth found him when she tried to pull into her driveway. The boy was incoherent for three days.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back