The Oasis - A Place To Share How You Unwind From the Case

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
We've all been subject to the stress of the Anthony case and must find ways to relieve the disappoints and setbacks. I keep my book of Psalms handy near the computer and read several Psalms daily when the trial becomes troublesome. What do you do to take your mind off the trial? Please share your thoughts here on The Oasis thread.

I find that reading others thoughts on here makes me feel better, it's not necessarily unwinding but it relieves the tension for me.

I would not tell this to anyone who actually knows who I am (too embarrassing and they might throw a net over me) but I think there is something really wrong with me. I go to sleep thinking about this case/trial, I wake up and begin thinking about it before I get out of bed, I watch recaps/discussions even after court is in recess or over for the day. I read message boards and blogs and anything I can find. Last week I ate tuna out of the can because anything else would take prep time. I don't always answer the phone. I have quit doing my volunteer work. I have never followed any crime like this one--whatever CBS news at 6 reported was the most information I needed. The only oasis that I can dimly see in the distance is a verdict.

I would not tell this to anyone who actually knows who I am (too embarrassing and they might throw a net over me) but I think there is something really wrong with me. I go to sleep thinking about this case/trial, I wake up and begin thinking about it before I get out of bed, I watch recaps/discussions even after court is in recess or over for the day. I read message boards and blogs and anything I can find. Last week I ate tuna out of the can because anything else would take prep time. I don't always answer the phone. I have quit doing my volunteer work. I have never followed any crime like this one--whatever CBS news at 6 reported was the most information I needed. The only oasis that I can dimly see in the distance is a verdict.

I hear you. I couldn't tell anyone of my obsession either. Like you, I'm waiting for the verdict so I can have my life back.

Normally it is not hard for me to wind down from the case, but I find it hard TODAY. We don´t know exactly what went on - and that is simply frustrating.
Normally JP explains the reasons for this and that, but today he just announced that the court was in recess until tomorrow morning.
I am so curious about what is going on, that I am about to explode!

I cry. I rant and sometimes argue with my husband over the case. I look at photos and video of Caylee. I cry some more.

Caylee helps me through it.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7QM6UEpIAw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7QM6UEpIAw[/ame]

Normally it is not hard for me to wind down from the case, but I find it hard TODAY. We don´t know exactly what went on - and that is simply frustrating.
Normally JP explains the reasons for this and that, but today he just announced that the court was in recess until tomorrow morning.
I am so curious about what is going on, that I am about to explode!

Yes, today is particularly frustrating and stressful. I have a headache and feel out of sorts to get on with my day now. I feel so completely disgusted by what happened in court this morning and what we heard happened over the weekend. I seriously considered a glass of wine but that isn't going to help.

I need to get on with my day, maybe go for a bike road down to the river, then get busy with my work.
This frustration will pass and I will appreciate the day off from the misery of watching this defence .
Writing this post actually helped, thank you for starting the thread.

You are not alone! I think many of us feel exactly the same way. This trial has become an obsession; fortunately, my husband and I are retired and it isn't interfering too much with our daily life, since our routines are pretty flexible...but still, it has become all-consuming. Mostly because of Caylee Marie. We keep thinking of that precious little girl and we want justice for her so bad, it hurts.
:rose:

I don't usually cry but I did today. Just reading news about all the great things and activities to do all summer makes my heart hurt because CAYLEE should be doing all these fun things.

Actually it's opposite for me the case is where I unwind. Instead of filling out paper work, doing research, making phone calls , I watch the trial and chat on websleuths. I have become pretty good with fitting in calls and work (even get in some laundry and housework during lunch).

Yesterday I had to take a day off from all things Anthony . I had to for my own mental health .
I am really scared there will be a hung jury and then no closure and this will just continue .

I play World of Warcraft.

Then again, at times I play it while watching the trial, lol.

I drink Chardonnay and talk to myself.

Right here. but they won't be there until the end of trial I'm afraid.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel-popup/decorah-eagles

That was you that posted this before! THANK YOU! I love it - I watch them in a different tab when trial is going on. Rough weather this morning (and here too - bonus is I get to see what weather system is headed our way).

Thank you again!!!!

BFMD

I drink Chardonnay and talk to the dogs, LOL! Other times, I dance around my living room to something rockin', like AC/DC. I also do volunteer work with CERT and I like to cook.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5280life
Back