Eyes: Brown
Height: 5'3" (160 cm)
Weight: 110 lbs (50 kg)
Missing From:
GRAND RAPIDS, MI
United States
Age at Time of Disappearance: 14 years old

Circumstances:
Pyle Peters was last seen at school in Grand Rapids, MI on February 5, 1981. She was never seen or heard from again.
She was last seen wearing a brown ski jacket, a pink sweater and blue jeans.

Contact Information: Kent County Sheriff's Office (Michigan) - Missing Persons Unit 1-616-336-3113

National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
1-800-843-5678 (1-800-THE-LOST)

Printable Poster with age progressed photo:
http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewPoster&caseNum=603596&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

Please visit the link below if you have any information
or to view other Michigan Missing Persons:

www.Michigandoes.com

Missing since February 5, 1981

Do you have information concerning the disappearance of
Dean Marie Pyle Peters

Rumors have surfaced in the past 23 years
regarding the case of Deannie Peters. If
you have heard these rumors and allegations we
are interested in what you know!

If you have any information, we would appreciate you
coming forward.

Anything you know leading to the location
of her body would be very helpful in solving this case.
You may remain anonymous, but if the public is
too afraid to come forward these questions
will continue to go unanswered.

Please send information to:
D. Peters
P.O Box 361
Lowell, Michigan

Bumping for her. As of yesterday she has been gone 25 years.

Good article. It's almost as if she just dropped off the face of the earth. Her family has waited too long for answers I hope they find something soon.

Wonder what Bruce Bunch's alibi was? He was the then 17-year-old student who claims he had a "mental telepathy thing" and had a dream about Deannie, which he told to other people, and which made some people believe he struck Deannie with his car, killed her, and buried her. That seems like an odd thing to say. I don't know if he is or was a person of interest, but he seems pretty weird.

By the way Mr. E., Bruce is now living in Tennessee and is still a person of interest but has never been questioned thoroughly by Kent County Sherriff's (I dont believe that KCSD has ruled anyone out entirely since the case has never been solved). Furthermore even though he has family here in Michigan he has never returned and some have speculated that he is afraid that if he were to return he might be brought in for questioning and that is why he has not come back.

I have found it interesting since January that one would make such a comment to media and that Kent County Sherriff's didn't jump on that statement.

Ryder97 said:
By the way Mr. E., Bruce is now living in Tennessee and is still a person of interest but has never been questioned thoroughly by Kent County Sherriff's (I dont believe that KCSD has ruled anyone out entirely since the case has never been solved). Furthermore even though he has family here in Michigan he has never returned and some have speculated that he is afraid that if he were to return he might be brought in for questioning and that is why he has not come back.
Are you saying that he can only be brought in for questioning IF he sets foot in Michigan? That doesn't ring true for me.

Hoppy

Ryder, are you related to Dean Pyle-Peters or were you are friend of the family? i am just curious. The video is nice. it was good of you to take the time to make it for her. I hope it helps.

No I am not a family member of Dean Marie's but got involved in the case several years later as I too have heard the rumors that several individuals have gone to police regarding. I have spoken to several detectives that were involved in the Peters case and will continue to do so until someone listens. For those of you that don't understand why detectives would sweep this case under the rug please read any and all searches regarding the Fryling Murder Case and that would give you a better understanding of why police will not go to Tennessee and question Mr. Bunch. Until we have proof (such as her remains) they will continue to do nothing but call this a cold case.

I will also tell you that I have not spoken to the family but after the article appeared in the Grand Rapids Press (Thanks to me) on her 25th anniversary I will tell you that I recieved a message from a close friend of Mrs. Peters that stated it will be individuals such as myself that continue to get media attention for this case and continuelly keeping this case in the fore front that will end up getting this case solved.

Thank you for your comment on the video and I also wanted to include the number but with as many changes with detectives and the number I thought it if anyone had information they would just call KCSD or silent observer.

Ryder97 said:
Thank you for your comment on the video and I also wanted to include the number but with as many changes with detectives and the number I thought it if anyone had information they would just call KCSD or silent observer.

I would put those phone numbers on there, then. I do not know what KCSD is, and some don't know about Silent Observer. We don't have that here in NE.

I always think its nationwide but your right its not. KCSD is the Kent County Sherriff's Department I just like to shorten it down since I end up typing it alot.

I would like to see more info on Dean. She IS out there some where! Ryder you are doing a wonderful job! I know the feeling of trying so hard to help find something anything..... God bless you... YOU are an angel!

http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7968029

5 March 08

They're wiping the slate clean and starting from scratch in a case nearly 30 years old.

The Kent Metro Cold Case Team is looking for tips in the disappearance of Dean Marie Pyle (Deanie Peters.)

She was an 8th grader at Forest Hills Central Middle School when she went missing February 5, 1981 while attending her brother's wrestling practice.

Members of the Cold Case Team want to speak with anyone who was at Forest Hills Central Middle or High School the night in question.

They also want to speak with anyone with information regarding the organization of the Donkey Basketball game that took place that night at the high school.

People police have talked to in the past are encouraged to contact police.

Kent Metro Cold Case Team (616) 632-6373

Silent Observer: (616) 774-2345

pic
7968029_BG1.jpg

Looks like they are asking ANYONE at the school that night to contact them. Wow.
http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2008/03/coldcase_team_focuses_on_deann.html

Thanks for posting that link.

This paragraph from the story intrigued me:

"Krystin Ryder, an Illinois resident who grew up in Lowell and has taken a keen interest in the Deanie Peters case, put a self-produced video on YouTube.com, hoping to turn attention to Peters' disappearance. Over the years, Ryder has painstakingly cataloged information about Deanie and possible suspects. People have contacted her with tips and, in 2005, she searched property near Lowell with cadaver dogs. Cold-case investigators plan to visit Ryder's northern Illinois home next week to look at her notes and files.

"Watch her tribute video highlighting scenes from the investigation. "

Here's the youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GsyYN0JPTs

Hoppy

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member