We DO have Coyotes in Fla!

Robinez

Reaction score
Hi,

I was raised in Fla. I have seen Coyotes here all of my life. It is a known fact among those that live here.. I have no clue why this false info is being repeated time and time again from the talking heads tonight.

Imo I think the witness was totally off the wall in most of her testiomony. And yet, even she made it clear that she wasn't certain if Coyotes were here. Yet, all the "experts", including the SA, claimed there wasn't any coyotes in Fla.

I have seen them live and I have seen them dead on the road. There ARE coyotes in Fla.

Take care, Robin:banghead:

Could you clarify? I've heard people say that they are IN Florida...but not in THAT AREA of Florida.

Where I live it is extremely uncommon to see a bear, however if you drive 1 hour north there are tons of them.

This is making me crazy too. There is absolutely no way anyone with any sense could not know that. Google it. In 30 seconds or less you have your answer! They are everywhere. Sigh. MSM just makes it up as they go along and research nothing. Scary. Consider the fact that this is the way they report on on everything- not just this weird legal broo haha. OK -all for now.

Hi,

I was raised in Fla. I have seen Coyotes here all of my life. It is a known fact among those that live here.. I have no clue why this false info is being repeated time and time again from the talking heads tonight.

Imo I think the witness was totally off the wall in most of her testiomony. And yet, even she made it clear that she wasn't certain if Coyotes were here. Yet, all the "experts", including the SA, claimed there wasn't any coyotes in Fla.

I have seen them live and I have seen them dead on the road. There ARE coyotes in Fla.

I think many people who live in urban areas don't realize that there are coyotes nearby (in many states).

They will even show up from time to time in larger urban parks in some areas.

Well, I hope ole "Wiley" has lawyered up, cause if he hasn't, Baez is gonna take down Warner Brother's next for this.

couldn't find any evidence of roadrunners but here is a...... well it speaks for itself.

Attachments

• coyote_792327i.jpg
    coyote_792327i.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 47
Could you clarify? I've heard people say that they are IN Florida...but not in THAT AREA of Florida.

Where I live it is extremely uncommon to see a bear, however if you drive 1 hour north there are tons of them.

I should have included a few links with my first post..

http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/hunting/2009/03/florida-coyotes-go-town-due-drought-and-economy

I tried to add more links to this post, but I can't figure out how to do it.

I don't want to keep coming back and adding just one link so, I will just tell you where I have lived when I have seen them. I have lived in St. Pete, Pinellas County, and saw coyotes. When I was 14 ( ahem, many yrs ago) a coyote took our dog from the front lawn. We raised heck and the coyote ran. He was found on the road dead about 1/4 mile from the house about a half hr later.

My MIL lives in Gainesville on 7 acres near Kanapaha Gardens. They are spotted on her property WEEKLY. And, if you can't see them you can certainly hear them.

I live about an hr from Orlando now. I have lived here for 12 yrs and I have spotted so many crossing the road I cannot count. Some folks assume they are foxes, but coyotes are larger and the tail gives them away.

I know this isn't such a big deal in the scheme of things. But I must say, this is the kind of thing that has bothered me all along. The talking heads that just say whatever without the slightest effort to actually research if what they are saying is the truth.

It doesn't take a chemist to look up "Coyotes in Fla".

Take care, Robin

Hi,

I agree this witness "was totally off the wall". IMHO, a well prepared expert witness would have known whether there were coyotes in Florida. Baez is way over his head.

I should have included a few links with my first post..

http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/hunting/2009/03/florida-coyotes-go-town-due-drought-and-economy

I tried to add more links to this post, but I can't figure out how to do it.

I don't want to keep coming back and adding just one link so, I will just tell you where I have lived when I have seen them. I have lived in St. Pete, Pinellas County, and saw coyotes. When I was 14 ( ahem, many yrs ago) a coyote took our dog from the front lawn. We raised heck and the coyote ran. He was found on the road dead about 1/4 mile from the house about a half hr later.

My MIL lives in Gainesville on 7 acres near Kanapaha Gardens. They are spotted on her property WEEKLY. And, if you can't see them you can certainly hear them.

I live about an hr from Orlando now. I have lived here for 12 yrs and I have spotted so many crossing the road I cannot count. Some folks assume they are foxes, but coyotes are larger and the tail gives them away.

I know this isn't such a big deal in the scheme of things. But I must say, this is the kind of thing that has bothered me all along. The talking heads that just say whatever without the slightest effort to actually research if what they are saying is the truth.

It doesn't take a chemist to look up "Coyotes in Fla".

Take care, Robin

It's not hard to distinguish a coyote from a fox! I've seen both multiple times.

Thanks for the clarification. I agree that the news (HLN in particular) has been spouting inappropriate info from the start. Their BS doesn't seem to be limited to bias on one side or the other...but rather an attempt to sensationalize every little detail for ratings.

Sadly, the end result is a mis-educated group of viewers who don't follow the case very closely. Hmmmmmmm.....sounds like much of the so-called "news" put out via the major networks!

I agree this witness "was totally off the wall". IMHO, a well prepared expert witness would have known whether there were coyotes in Florida. Baez is way over his head.

Honestly, I've got to ding the SA for this and not Baez.

very grainy video that could be anything. I dont doubt that coyotes do occasionally slip into developed areas, but they do not stay, they do not camp out in small wooded areas within busy nieghborhoods and near the ruccus of an elementary school and if one did perchance wander even into the area of Hopespring, what exactly would the odds be that it did so during the exact time period when little Caylee lay out there exposed like so much trash?

as always, just moo

Frankly, I just don't get it. It's really not very important one way or the other. Yes, a coyote could have buried the bone :wink:. Or a squirrel. Or a possum (I'm assuming you have them there), or a raccoon (again, assuming). So what? What difference does it make one way or the other? Even if it were true, it would hardly negate the findings of the CSI unit that collected the remains and the reports as to length of time the body was present. Just not an issue.

:cow:

There are coyotes on the Emerald Coast as well. Every so often there's an article in the newspaper about a family pet carried off by one. I did see a coyote dead on the side of the road once. Hit by a car. REMEMBER! Always look both ways!

I think much is being made about nothing by TH's. One, I have lived in Florida my whole life, in the country and have never seen one. I know they are here because my husband has seen them. Two, coyotes are only one theory the Botonist said. She first said dogs, which I think we can all agree Florida has.

It doesn't matter to me whether there are coyotes or not. This error by JA is not the end of the world. Because a dog does just as much digging and burying as a coyote, and there are plenty of dogs in the area.

The idea that it matters that ANY type of animal buried just the hip bone over this period of time is ridiculous. The botanist looked like a fool. IMO the jury will give no credence to this, because it's clear the body was there for a LONG TIME.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3
Back