GUILTY NY - Adam Croote for rape, attempted murder of 10yo girl, Berne, 2011

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Adam Croote aged 23 was babysitting for family friends. Very bad move there. He picked the child up at the bus stop and as soon as he got home raped the 10 year old girl and then tried to kill her.

http://capitalregion.ynn.com/conten...ted-murder-of-10-year-old-he-was-babysitting/

This guy has been in the news since years ago when his father murdered his mother. One grandmom was granted custody, but the other Gram fought it. Eventually she kidnapped him and his face was on fliers all over.

Poor little girl. God Bless her and hoping she gets good help to deal with this if there's such a thing.

Nothing "excuses" child abuse or attempted murder...nothing. However, this guy's life has been AWFUL. I can easily see why he'd have no moral compass at all. Just reading between the lines of Filly's second link, tells the story.

I too worry that he's had many more victims. Sadly kids who are abused in residential treatment facilities rarely disclose and if they do, sometimes are not believed. The kids move so often, their heads spin as to who has done what to them. Surely there are others.

And Filly, I think you need to change you thread heading. This guy was arrested in NY but is a RSO out of MA, if I've got my details right.

Another article (and photos) about Croote's childhood:

http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Rape-suspect-has-twisted-history-1436208.php

Rape suspect has twisted history

"Adam Croote is no stranger to having his photo in print. The 23-year-old New Scotland man who was charged with brutally raping and attempting to kill a 10-year-old girl he was supposed to be baby-sitting Monday has been a focus of news reports since he was 2. That's when his father shot the toddler's pregnant mother in the head twice and left home for the next four hours, leaving Croote alone with his dead mother...."

more at link, plus photos (and that's just the beginning)

ALBANY, N.Y.- A 23-year-old man accused of raping an upstate New York girl was the subject of a missing child case that received national attention in the 1990s, including getting his photograph taken with President Bill Clinton at the White House, authorities said Thursday.

Adam Croote's tangled past includes his father killing his mother, his abduction by a grandmother and a sex crime conviction in Massachusetts. He was charged Monday with attacking a 10-year-old girl he was babysitting at a home in Berne, near Albany, said Albany County Under Sheriff Craig Apple.

more at link:

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/crime/Albany-man-in-rape-case-has-weird-past

Sad sad story all around. In some ways I can sympathize with many of the aspects on both the suspect and the victims cases.

But at some point you have to grow up and learn to live with the past and he seems incapable of doing that. His crimes seem to be getting more violent.

I am curious as to why his teen years were spent in residential and group homes. Could have been due to the loss of his grandmother, or a teen delinquency issue or a mental health issue. The article doesn't specify.

Still most of my sympathy goes to the adult victim and the 10 year old child whom he chose to involve in his issues against their will.

Missing-children Advocates Score A Win
January 20, 1996|By Angie Cannon, INQUIRER WASHINGTON BUREAU

Linda Koerner, the paternal grandmother of Adam Croote, told of how the boy was recovered a year ago after being abducted by his maternal grandparents in February 1992 from Dormansville, N.Y. He had been missing for three years.

Adam's poster was inserted in a ream of colored construction paper delivered to the Mildred, Kan., school district, in which he had become a pupil. As a kindergarten teacher opened it, the poster fell to her feet. She picked it up and said: ``This is Danny,'' as he was known in her class.

``The posters do work,'' said Koerner. ``They do bring about the miracles, and Adam is here to show that.''

http://articles.philly.com/1996-01-20/news/25651436_1_federal-buildings-posters-missing-children

so sad that his life turn into this.

Missing-children Advocates Score A Win
January 20, 1996|By Angie Cannon, INQUIRER WASHINGTON BUREAU

Linda Koerner, the paternal grandmother of Adam Croote, told of how the boy was recovered a year ago after being abducted by his maternal grandparents in February 1992 from Dormansville, N.Y. He had been missing for three years.

Adam's poster was inserted in a ream of colored construction paper delivered to the Mildred, Kan., school district, in which he had become a pupil. As a kindergarten teacher opened it, the poster fell to her feet. She picked it up and said: ``This is Danny,'' as he was known in her class.

``The posters do work,'' said Koerner. ``They do bring about the miracles, and Adam is here to show that.''

http://articles.philly.com/1996-01-20/news/25651436_1_federal-buildings-posters-missing-children

so sad that his life turn into this.

Seems strange that the paternal grandparents were given custody after their son killed his mother.

And Filly, I think you need to change you thread heading. This guy was arrested in NY but is a RSO out of MA, if I've got my details right.

Like I don't have enough people being critical of me.:pullhair::pullhair::pullhair: Actually I think I meant MA and did it upside down. I've been doing that alot. I must have "Upsidedownism".

Yes, this rapist, attempted murderer did have one wild ride. Band hand. Bad roster.

Makes ya wonder if the family friends who allowed him to babysit knew of the horros he experienced. Also makes ya wonder if they checked the dang RSO list.

Bless that poor little girl. Dear Lord she's only 10 and he brutally attacks her and tries to kill her.

I tried to be sweet when I pointed it out. Just think M as in mmmmmmountain and you'll get it. LOL

(((hugs)))

This guy didn't have a chance, IMO. But that's still no excuse. Now there are more people hurting. He must have had a devil may care attitude as he knew he'd get caught. Makes one wonder if he was seeking external control because he had zero internal control. Cases like this intrigue me as one person may take the right fork in the road and another takes the wrong. I honestly don't know how much has to do with choice or ruined brain chemistry. I'm certain that will all come up at trial.

I've asked the mods to merge as Filly started a post on this case earlier. I also asked them to change the state to NY.

Concerning the reason the boy was placed with the paternal grandparents--it was determined that the maternal step-father had sexually abused the boy's mother when she was a child. I found some links which are on the other thread:

WA Sex Offender Babysitter Attempts To Murder 10 Year Old - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

You just love calling attention to my flaws don't ya?:crazy::crazy::crazy:

O.K. so where's the other thread? Did I say anything of importance on it?:crazy::crazy::crazy:

This poor girl, I hope she is able to recover and not have negative effects like Adam. I am not saying Adam is not to blame, but can you imagine watching your mother being murdered and then being alone with her for 4 hours?

JMO

A relative speaks out. He's not at all surprised Croote raped and attempted to murder a child. Besides watching his mother be blown away by a shotgun blast by his father (as if that ain't enough) dead animals turned up along the way. Then he held a relative at knifepoint and demanded sex.

13 years of counseling. Nothing worked.

http://wnyt.com/article/stories/S2170243.shtml?cat=300

So is this genetics? Environment? Both? Thank the good Lord this little girl was not murdered. Poor kid will need alot of help and counseling.

In 2000, when Adam was a student at Bethlehem Middle School, he sexually assaulted a girl and five years later he sexually assaulted a woman in Massachusetts.

"This case was a tragedy for all concerned. It's been additionally one more tragic even in Adam Croote's life," said Adam's public defender, James Milstein.

Judge Herrick acknowledged what he called Adam's "horrible childhood." But, ultimately the past didn't matter and Adam Croote will be spending his future--25 years to life--in prison.

CROOTE.jpg

http://wnyt.com/article/stories/s2599184.shtml

That first offense occurred when he was around 12!! Yet further proof that children need a non-abusive-traumatic upbringing. Who loved this guy? It seems like he never had a chance to become "human".

Don't get me wrong...I am not defending his behavior. He needs to be locked up for a long time. He will never be able to exist in society.

How can we save children at a young age, in order to reduce the psychopaths in our society after they get older?

And what kind of parents does the young female victim have in this case? Who would leave their child with a known sex-offender??? :maddening:

The cycle continues.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998