"And she will be just like she was"

noZme

Reaction score
I think it was in one of the jail conversations with her parents, I remember Casey saying Caylee will be found and she will be just like she was. (TIA for anyone able to provide the correct link.) That phrase stuck in my mind & later made sense in the context of the last time she had contact with little Caylee, tossing the stinking package of remains into the woods.

Sorry to add a new thread to the bajillion others, but this has been on my mind & I haven't seen an appropriate place to mention it. Did anyone else pick up on that comment & what do you make of it? Also " I think she's not far away" or something like that. We know that one iota of fact can become the jumping off place for Casey's... um... fertile imagination.

And speaking of a bajillion threads.... a very sad, but perhaps a nice tribute to the fact that Caylee matterred to everyone except the egg donor..... who will make the one millionth post? The current count is almost 958 thousand & moving fast.

If I had a child and my child went missing, I would Not BE confident in saying either of those things. Heck, if my DOG went missing, I would be a WRECK, and would be going nuts trying to find her and hope nothing bad happened to her.

Both of those lines stick in my head quite clearly and it has always bothered me. She will be like she was? huh? I also hate how she says "I can't wait to see *THAT* little girl. When I talk about my son I say "Can't wait to see my boy, my baby boy, my little man etc. "MY" being the term I use - not "that". I see a lot of disassociation with Caylee when she speaks about her.

I think it was in one of the jail conversations with her parents, I remember Casey saying Caylee will be found and she will be just like she was. (TIA for anyone able to provide the correct link.) That phrase stuck in my mind & later made sense in the context of the last time she had contact with little Caylee, tossing the stinking package of remains into the woods.

Sorry to add a new thread to the bajillion others, but this has been on my mind & I haven't seen an appropriate place to mention it. Did anyone else pick up on that comment & what do you make of it? Also " I think she's not far away" or something like that. We know that one iota of fact can become the jumping off place for Casey's... um... fertile imagination.

And speaking of a bajillion threads.... a very sad, but perhaps a nice tribute to the fact that Caylee matterred to everyone except the egg donor..... who will make the one millionth post? The current count is almost 958 thousand & moving fast.

I think you will find there are a few who have a problem with the "tossing the stinking ....". It is just horrible to speak of Caylee that way. Sorry. but it is.

Solace, I am sure you are right but I meant no disrespect to Caylee. My phrasing was meant to represent my concept of Casey's attitude.

I apologize to anyone unpet by my seemingly insensitive remark.

I remember well the "she will be like she was" but have heard nobody else make note of it or even mention it. Thanks for doing so!

Solace, I am sure you are right but I meant no disrespect to Caylee. My phrasing was meant to represent my concept of Casey's attitude.

I didn't think it was insensitive at all. Murder is ugly.

I took no offense by it. It is what Casey did. I find offense to what she did, but not to your restating it. :)

I remember that.

Something about the phrase strikes me as meaning that when Casey last saw Caylee...Caylee was at that point in time...in some different state.

This seems to indicate the Baby will change back...will be.... just as she was...in the same way you might tell someone whose home was destroyed by a tornado..."Next year, it will be just as it was before."

Don't worry about it, by the time Caylee got dumped in the woods she was a stinking mass instead of the beautiful little girl who asked Pop Pop if he was tired. Caylee's in a better place now and I don't feel speaking the truth is disrespectful.

BTW, I mentioned the "just as she was" remark quite a while back and so have others. "Just as she was," yeah, right. That's the only thing I've heard ICA say that showed any understanding of what had actually happened to "that little girl".

My opinion only

The only thing that comes to mind for me with the 'she will be like she was' comment was something along the lines of refering to the next life for those who are believers. Though I don't know why ICA would believe she would make it there to see Caylee in the next life.

JMO

Both of those lines stick in my head quite clearly and it has always bothered me. She will be like she was? huh? I also hate how she says "I can't wait to see *THAT* little girl. When I talk about my son I say "Can't wait to see my boy, my baby boy, my little man etc. "MY" being the term I use - not "that". I see a lot of disassociation with Caylee when she speaks about her.

If you go back to the videoed jail visits with CA & GA, they also refer to Caylee as "That little girl", which really upsets me. I've often wondered if this is the way they referred to her at home. Sad, just sad. I would never refer to my child or grandchild as "that".

I was actually just thinking about that phrase last night. It has stood out in my mind since the moment she said it. And I always thought it was odd and disturbing. "She will be just as she was"....I have no idea what she meant or what she was thinking. But the fact that she knew her daughter was lying out in the woods decomposing, and she made that statement; it is just sick and twisted.

I always took that comment to mean "and she'll be just like she was before (I wrapped duct tape around her head and killed her)"...
That was just another 'fantasy' lie.

I think you have to read it in the context of what you meant as if this was coming from KC. KC did, in fact, use squirrels as an excuse as to the "stink" in her car. I think KC is the insensitive one and you were just trying to point that out and I got it. Thanks

Yes, yes. I noticed it the first time I heard it.

Regarding Casey throwing the reeking laundry bag over the hill on Suburban Drive: We all know she did this. We all know the bag was stinking, reeking, smelling of strong decomposition. Which words are chosen to describe this are not disrespectful of Caylee. What was disrespectful is the act/s performed by Casey Anthony.

For.God's.sake. She drove around with her daughter's body in the trunk of her car for 2.6 days until she could stand the smell no longer! She went to the video store, shacked up in bed with Tony for most of the next day and did who knows what after that???

The trunk stains tell us the child was in that trunk, curled into a fetal position, decomposing. And Casey is texting her friend about squirrels crawling up under her car and dying?

After the smell became unbearable Casey then "packages" her daughter's body, drives down to Suburban Drive, and tosses the laundry bag over a steep hillside.

My only question in all of this is that no one smelled any decomp in that area. If school had been in session with kids walking past the spot on a daily basis the events of this case may have been quite different.

Was there not one young neighborhood boy who said he DID smell bad something in the area? I think it was determined there may have been a dead dog?

Then Fay came and the water covered up everything until December.

Back to my original point: Describing the bag containing Caylees remains as stinking at the time Casey tossed them into the woods is not inappropriate. it is fact. IMO

How could she say that to her distraught mother knowing that Caylee was dead and decomposing out in a neighborhood dump site? :furious:

ICA's jailhouse comments and demeanor have always struck me as just pure evil. I remember her laughing inappropriately when CA tells her that "dad lost his temper with the media", these comments demonstrate how truly monstrous ICA is.

Those jailhouse videos are a true window into whatever black pit of soul ICA has imo.

Last night on the ABC Casey special they played the portions of the tape when she tells her mother, "she's close", and the one where she says something like she'll be like she was, I think she was talking to Lee. Both were shown last night, and both times, I had the same reaction I had when viewing them the first time. "She's close" - I knew at that time Casey knew exactly where Caylee was. Creepy gal. Okay, I knew the child was dead when I heard the first news report the night Casey was first arrested back on July 16th, 2008.

When I first heard her say she wanted Caylee back the way she was, I knew she did something awful to the baby.

Let's just say I've lived long enough to call a spade, a spade, when I see one. It's also the reason they say older jurors are more likely to choose the death penalty.

For the record, I didn't find your comments offensive. Casey's comments and actions are the offensive ones.

I think that phrase initially came from one of the detectives during the Universal interview. He told ICA something like 'Caylee may not be the same way you remember her to be'. I'd have to look at the transcripts to get the exact verbiage but I've always thought ICA was twisting YM's words. YM was hinting that she was deceased but didn't come right out and say it at that point.

BTW, no offense taken from me either. I know what you meant.

IMO

I was actually just thinking about that phrase last night. It has stood out in my mind since the moment she said it. And I always thought it was odd and disturbing. "She will be just as she was"....I have no idea what she meant or what she was thinking. But the fact that she knew her daughter was lying out in the woods decomposing, and she made that statement; it is just sick and twisted.

I think that it was a statement of regret, wishing she had not been so spiteful and done what she did ... not for Caylee but because she was in a lot of trouble stuck in jail and wanted out and wanted to move on. She wanted her life back.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back