2011.06.23 Casey Anthony "WOW" moment from the Defense Table- Video Included

Melanie

Inactive
Reaction score
Did anyone catch ICA at the defense table "self-testifying" in front of the jury. She is shaking her head no, and goes so far as to mouth the word "wow". In case you missed it, this is my first attempt to catch something on TV, so please forgive the imperfections. It's only 2.5 minutes long.

I didn't catch it while Cindy was testifying, but did see it on HLN later. I was quite suprised, and hope that Your Honour does not continue to allow this to happen. Whatever happened to showing no emotion? Both of these women - pieces of work, eh?

Thoughts?

Mel

Link to video: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyPmS4s-vLk"]YouTube - ‪Casey Anthony Wow moment on 6/23/11‬‏[/ame]

Link to depo with SA LDB: http://www.wftv.com/pdf/21310276/detail.html

I was quite taken aback when I saw this clip earlier :)

Thanks for posting that video. My impression was that Casey was reacting to the fact the prosecuter mentioned Cindy being on medication.

Only ICA is allowed to speak to her Mother with such disrespect. How dare LDB :)

Thanks for posting that video. My impression was that Casey was reacting to the fact the prosecuter mentioned Cindy being on medication.

WHich is ridiculous because LDB was quoting CA from the pretrial hearing where she claimed she used a whole bottle of febreeze and put dryer sheets in the trunk, which she only now remembered because of her change in medication

WHich is ridiculous because LDB was quoting CA from the pretrial hearing where she claimed she used a whole bottle of febreeze and put dryer sheets in the trunk, which she only now remembered because of her change in medication

I sure wonder what kind of medication it was --- remind me never to take it. It sure causes some serious memory loss. Or does it provide for a great memory once you start taking it (ie, when she changed medication she sure started remembering a LOT).

Sooo confoosed.

Mel

I think the "wow" was genuine. I bet Casey heard that excuse her whole life - "It's because of my medication!" so she was probably taken aback that a prosecutor of all people would be the one to throw that in her face.

I wish you would trumpet this from the rooftops, lol. People believe LDB was being snarky when she was clearly referring to something pertinent. You could tell in Cindy's response that she was also perfectly aware of what the reference was about. JMO.

Was she mouthing wow or what she wanted/expected her mom to say? Like leading her mom.

On top of which--Cindy's OWN LAWYER said that the reason her memory is better now is because she had a medication change. Like, did he get that idea from LDB?

Anyway, I think they should put Cindy back on whatever medication helped her seem sucha sympathetic and genuine person her first time on the witness stand.

JMO, of course--I'm not a chemist.

OMG! I never even saw that.

I DID see the eye brow raise to her lawyers. I wish I could see that again.

On top of which--Cindy's OWN LAWYER said that the reason her memory is better now is because she had a medication change. Like, did he get that idea from LDB?

Anyway, I think they should put Cindy back on whatever medication helped her seem sucha sympathetic and genuine person her first time on the witness stand.

JMO, of course--I'm not a chemist.

RBBM - now that was funny!

:great:

Thanks for posting that, Melanie. I've been looking for the raw video of end of trial today where Casey was reportedly getting demonstrative. I've found the clips of attys and judge, just not the casey cam. Can anyone help?

Thanks Mel, I missed it! I don't watch the TH's on this case and very little news coverage. I agree with Ashleigh Banfield, it wasn't any worse than JB asking the FBI employee what other kinds of meaningless work she does for the FBI.
Notice how CA was hiding a laugh when LDB asked her?
Also, does CA smack her lips together when she is lying?

o/t
CNN's Robin Meade has a new country music album out, I never knew she was a singer until I saw her on CMT or GAC this past weekend.

OMG! I never even saw that.

I DID see the eye brow raise to her lawyers. I wish I could see that again.

That eyebrow raise was a "wow" moment for me. I was keeping a close eye on ICA during CA testimony. IMO, they both had a bit of a supressed smirk they whole time. When ICA gave the eyebrow raise with a little grin, it seemed to me ICA was saying "see, I told you she would lie for me". That moment was huge to me!

Thanks Mel, I missed it! I don't watch the TH's on this case and very little news coverage. I agree with Ashleigh Banfield, it wasn't any worse than JB asking the FBI employee what other kinds of meaningless work she does for the FBI.
Notice how CA was hiding a laugh when LDB asked her?
Also, does CA smack her lips together when she is lying?

o/t
CNN's Robin Meade has a new country music album out, I never knew she was a singer until I saw her on CMT or GAC this past weekend.

Many differing opinions on Dr. Lillian Glass (I happen to like her). She indicates:

She purses her lips after she says that she looked up” inhalation.” That is usually a signal of deception. Casey looks surprised that her mother was trying to save her behind.

Take it for what it's worth and with an open mind. I don't recall seeing her do that in the Zenaida depo, but I'd have to go back and look.

Good on Robin for doing a music album - I had no idea :)

http://drlillianglassbodylanguageblog.wordpress.com/

Hugs,

Mel

Thanks for posting that, Melanie. I've been looking for the raw video of end of trial today where Casey was reportedly getting demonstrative. I've found the clips of attys and judge, just not the casey cam. Can anyone help?

This is the end of the day clip, but I can't see anything. Maybe someone got a screen shot --

http://www.wftv.com/video/28338524/index.html

just fast forward to the end -- it's always fun to watch JP giggle ;)

Mel

:gthanks:
I was looking forward to seeing this moment, I just hope the jurors saw it too.

I thought Casey's reactions were being shown in real time. It looked like she was leaning over and whispering to her attorney like a gossipy schoolgirl as Cindy walked to the stand then the "wow" moment came when Cindy testified about looking up chloraform and the other things. Whenever it was, Casey really looked pleased and a little suprised.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back