Was a stun gun used in this crime?

• Yes

Votes: 43 25.6%
  • No

Votes: 125 74.4%

• Total voters

ManInTheBox

Reaction score
Personally I think it didn't exist and it was abrasions or something of that sort and it is just Smit trying to prove an intruder did it. A theory is that Mr .Smit had just closed a case where everyone though the parent or someone committed a crime and he was the only one who thought differently. It turned out he proved everyone wrong. So could this simply have just been him trying to be hero again. That i'm not so sure of, in any case do you think a stun gun was used or not?

ManInTheBox said:
Personally I think it didn't exist and it was abrasions or something of that sort and it is just Smit trying to prove an intruder did it. A theory is that Mr .Smit had just closed a case where everyone though the parent or someone committed a crime and he was the only one who thought differently. It turned out he proved everyone wrong. So could this simply have just been him trying to be hero again. That i'm not so sure of, in any case do you think a stun gun was used or not?
I've seen then pictures, it isn't abrasions. It is clearly either a stun gun, or from appearances, a snake bite! (Not that I think that's what it was, but it looks like one.)

Yes, IMO a stun gun was used on JonBenet. She had been stungunned at three locations -- on the right side of her face near the ear; on the left lower part of her back; and on the back of her left lower leg near the ankle.

The stun gun injuries on JonBenet's back were the easiest to examine. The coroner, Dr. John Meyer, originally noted the marks in the autopsy report as three sets of twin "abrasions", but changed his diagnosis later, saying the tiny rectangular twin marks were consistent with stun gun injuries.

JMO

I'm a dont know. Use of a stun-gun moves the case into another realm altogether, and might need re-consideration of the idea: A Ramsey Did It.

Sissi,

IMO a stun gun was used on JonBenet. The coroner, John Meyer, the only pathologist to examine and measure the injuries on JonBenet's body itself, also agrees (after at first calling the injuries "abrasions" in the autopsy report). On pg 431 of PMPT pb:

"When they had gathered sufficient information, Ainsworth, Pete Hofstrom, Trip DeMuth, and Detective Sgt. Wickman met with the coroner, John Meyer. After reviewing the photos and this new information, Meyer concluded that the injuries on JonBenet's face and back were, in fact, consistent with those produced by a stun gun."

JMO

I'm tired,does anyone want to try and figure this out?

http://216.239.39.104/search?q=cach...htm+dr.meyer+stun+gun+jonbenet&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

It looks like darnay bombed, but it is late...
I mean, the bottom line is with no

10 conditions whatsoever, do you formally and

11 unequivocally withdraw Dr. Stratbucker as an

12 expert witness in this case?

13 MR. HOFFMAN: Yes, I do, formally

14 and without any conditions.

15 MR. WOOD: And, likewise, will you

16 stipulate that under no circumstances will you

17 reengage him in any fashion with respect to the

18 Wolf v. Ramsey case in the future?

19 MR. HOFFMAN: Absolutely. I will

20 not reengage him in any way.

21 MR. WOOD: With that stipulation,

22 then there is obviously no reason for us to

23 continue the deposition today. So the

24 deposition is terminated in light of the

25 witness' withdrawal by counsel for plaintiff.

It's more likely JonBenet was injured from the White's electric fence than from a stun gun. Evidence from Burke's interviews affirms he was shocked on 12/25/1996 so the chances are JonBenet was too. Any testing is incomplete that doesn't take this given piece of evidence into consideration.

popcorn said:
It's more likely JonBenet was injured from the White's electric fence than from a stun gun. Evidence from Burke's interviews affirms he was shocked on 12/25/1996 so the chances are JonBenet was too. Any testing is incomplete that doesn't take this given piece of evidence into consideration.
The 2 side-by-side burn marks are more consistant with a stun gun. Having 3 pairs of side-by-side burn marks is unlikely for a fence, I think. Again, the picture I saw looked just like you'd imagine a snakebite would.

BlueCrab said:
Yes, IMO a stun gun was used on JonBenet. She had been stungunned at three locations -- on the right side of her face near the ear; on the left lower part of her back; and on the back of her left lower leg near the ankle.

The stun gun injuries on JonBenet's back were the easiest to examine. The coroner, Dr. John Meyer, originally noted the marks in the autopsy report as three sets of twin "abrasions", but changed his diagnosis later, saying the tiny rectangular twin marks were consistent with stun gun injuries.

JMO
Holy cow! Isn't 3 times a bit extreme for a little 6 year old girl? On an adult you wouldn't need to zap them head, back, and lower leg, unless it was a really weak stun gun, but again, she was just a tiny little person! That's insane.

1) Using a stungun to subdue Jonbenet, would have make her shout of pain. Not a "discret" weapon for an "intruder". That's to say, not a logic weapon in this case.

2) In any case.... What stungun? Marks in her skin don't match the distance between prongs with any known stungun's brand, Air Taser included.

Cain said:
1) Using a stungun to subdue Jonbenet, would have make her shout of pain. Not a "discret" weapon for an "intruder". That's to say, not a logic weapon in this case.

2) In any case.... What stungun? Marks in her skin don't match the distance between prongs with any known stungun's brand, Air Taser included.

Cain,

JonBenet did scream, according to Melody Stanton who lived across the street and heard a child's piercing scream at about midnight. The stun gun, if used (and I think it was), was more than likely used as a weapon of torture on JonBenet, and thus the three separate hits.

The twin rectangular burn marks on JonBenet did indeed match the prongs of an Air Taser brand stun gun. The distances varied only slightly because of the soft pliability of a six-year-old's skin when the steel prongs of a metal stun gun are jammed against her.

The mathematical probability that something other than a stun gun caused those twin rectangular marks on JonBenet in three different locations on her body are astronomical.

JMO

1) So, why didn't she scream twice? Two hits would mean two screams.

2) Consider, too, correct alignement of the marks.

3) "Pattern" marks. Ring. Tha'ts not an "astronomical posibility". In my opinion, as a a possibility, sounds much more realistic that the stungun one.

4) You talk about what Lawrence Schiller said that Meyer said. In Meyer's official and stated words (authopsy report) he talks about "abrasions". Even if it's really true that Meyer conceded the "possibility" that doesn't mean that he conceded the "fact".

And:

I know your theory about the case, I respect it, but I don't share it. "Torture" would explain better the utility of a stungun. But the point, for most of the stun gun defenders, is that this weapon was used to subdue Jonbenet in her room without awakening the family, before carrying her to the basement.

-----------------------------------------------------
Just my opinion.

Despite what Hollywood shows us in the movies, there would likely be no multiple screams, and even one scream related to the stun gun would surprise me, as once you're hit with a stun gun you immediately lose control of your entire body as your nervous system is short circuited. That's the point of one. Not torture.

There are definitely marks on her body. Living on a farm and being somewhat familiar with electric fences, I find it odd that she would have touched a fence that many times and in those parts of her body repeatedly. I don't understand why the Rs didn't have her exhumed years ago when it could have been determined about the stun guns marks. I think that could have gone a long way to settle some questions and pursue an actual intruder.

IF there truly were a loud child's scream as M. Stanton stated, and if an intruder were inside that home...then the intruder had to take awhile to complete the murder after stun gunning her (head bashing and garotting), then had to get JB "set up" in the room, and then had to leave, either by door or window. By door meant that he had to go back upstairs, where he could possibly encounter someone who may have been awakened by the loud scream; via the window meant that it would take some time to shimmy up that small window and replace the grate and be exposed to possible neighbors who live in very close proximity. The intruder would have to think that someone inside that house could have heard that scream. He didn't just drop everything and run out....he spent more time inside the basement getting eveything just right. That is one heck of bold person to possibly get trapped inside a windowless room with no way out.

IMO

Dark Knight said:
Holy cow! Isn't 3 times a bit extreme for a little 6 year old girl? On an adult you wouldn't need to zap them head, back, and lower leg, unless it was a really weak stun gun, but again, she was just a tiny little person! That's insane.

Dark Knight,

Yes, three hits from a stun gun on a little six-year-old 45-pound girl is extreme. And maybe that's why JonBenet is dead. Stun guns can kill.

The 50,000-volt Taser could have paralyzed JonBenet's respiratory muscles and killed her by asphyxiation. The official cause of death of JonBenet is asphyxia.

Terrance Allen, former medical examiner for both the Los Angeles and the San Francisco coroners' offices was quoted in an article from Simon Fraser University on May 10, 1999 as saying, "As pathologists, we should warn law enforcement agencies that the Taser can cause death".

And in the same article Dr. Sarah Redding and Dr. Ronald Kornblum, chief medical examiner in Los Angeles, said "The Taser has been used several thousand times by the Los Angeles police department. There have been 16 deaths associated with its use in L.A. County".

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back