This is a test. Had it been an actual emergency . . .RUN!!!!

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Need your help with a test show.

Thursday night June 30th, I need as many Websleuths members to call into my test show.

Last Sunday's Websleuhs Radio was a great show with the exception of the switchboard freezing so I couldn't answer calls, Beth Karas got kicked off and was sent to audio commercial hell, I left my mic on while trying to call Beth back so you all heard me, when I finally could answer calls then I couldn't hang up on the callers so whatever they were doing or saying we heard,
BUT OTHER THAN THAT it was great.

It was a great show because of the guests, Beth Karas and Richard Hornsby.

Now the good news. Blog Talk Radio has a brand new switchboard. I am guessing the switchboard problems I was having is the reason they are no longer using this particular switchboard.

Thursday night at 11 PM Easter/ 10 PM Central/ 9 PM Mountain/ 8 PM Pacific /9 AM Bhubaneshwar time, I need you to call in to blog talk radio. I'll be doing a test broadcast and I need a bunch of callers.

Look at is as a big verbal party being thrown by Websleuths.

You won't be able to listen to the show live since it is a test. In fact when you call in I'm not sure if you can hear the show until I answer you call but I'm not sure.

The numbers are 7.0.6.-825-0933

Toll Free 8.7.7.-665-1565

If you have calling ability on Skype you can call using your Skype account.

OK are we ready to verbally party? This Thursday night at 11 PM Easter /10 PM Central /9 PM Mountain /8 PM Pacific /5 AM Düsseldorf time call into Websleuths Radio and be a part of the test show.

Thanks Everyone,
Tricia

OK thanks for the info!

I'll try putting everyone on the air at once and see who can yell the loudest.

Hey, we can do all kinds of fun things. We'll have a blast.

Remember no one else can hear the show and it will not be available in the archives. In fact I'll delete the show right after we are finished.

I'll try putting everyone on the air at once and see who can yell the loudest.

Hey, we can do all kinds of fun things. We'll have a blast.

Remember no one else can hear the show and it will not be available in the archives. In fact I'll delete the show right after we are finished.

It is hilarious the way you tell it, Trisha! know it must have been frustrating, though. By the time these bugs all get worked out, you are going to be an expert at this. An expert with no hair, fingernails chewed down to nubs, a Chihuahua- like tremble and a chronic eye twitch LOL!

I will make an effort to call on Thursday, too.

The show was still very good despite the bloopers. My favorite part was Beth Karas and Richard Hornsby doing the "I'll have my people call your people" thing. It was gratifying to hear of Mr. Hornsby's respect for Beth Karas. There are many many of us who respect her straightforward style.

One little gripe: Beth referred to herself as "unspectacular". My take on that is that while she may be a ""non-spectacle producing" type of court reporter, she is indeed spectacular in her consistent presentation of factual, RELIABLE information.

IMO Richard Hornsby has the knowledge, the personality and the good looks to become a "talking head" - or more - if he wants to. He comes off so well, both on TV and radio.

Beth talking about how and why she got into television court reporting was interesting. To me, why she stays in it would be the question. She must really love it, because living out of hotels in different cities all the time must get old. Maybe not though, if you just love, love your job.

*snip* An expert with no hair, fingernails chewed down to nubs, a Chihuahua- like tremble and a chronic eye twitch LOL!

When did you see my picture? LOL

The show was still very good despite the bloopers. My favorite part was Beth Karas and Richard Hornsby doing the "I'll have my people call your people" thing. It was gratifying to hear of Mr. Hornsby's respect for Beth Karas. There are many many of us who respect her straightforward style.

One little gripe: Beth referred to herself as "unspectacular". My take on that is that while she may be a ""non-spectacle producing" type of court reporter, she is indeed spectacular in her consistent presentation of factual, RELIABLE information.

IMO Richard Hornsby has the knowledge, the personality and the good looks to become a "talking head" - or more - if he wants to. He comes off so well, both on TV and radio.

Beth talking about how and why she got into television court reporting was interesting. To me, why she stays in it would be the question. She must really love it, because living out of hotels in different cities all the time must get old. Maybe not though, if you just love, love your job.

Thank you Always Shocked. Because of the wonderful guests the show was great in spite of the bloopers.

I agree with everything you said.

if you can bump this board toward the top of the page thur. nite
to remind me ,i'll definately call.

Tricia, do you have to pay out of pocket for calls that come in on the toll-free line? If so, would it be more economical for you if people called in on the 760 number?

Tricia, do you have to pay out of pocket for calls that come in on the toll-free line? If so, would it be more economical for you if people called in on the 760 number?

Yes I do have to pay for the toll free number.

Hopefully here is what is happening:

Everyone who has free long distance (either on a cell phone or land line) or a long distance plan with a set monthly fee (meaning doesn't matter how many long distance calls you make the cost is the same every month) will use the 760 number

Everyone who does not have either free long distance or a set monthly fee for long distance will use the toll free number.

The cost isn't that bad. 25 dollars for 500 minutes. It will probably cost me anywhere from 50 to 100 dollars a month.

The only reason I have the toll free line is I know not everyone has a cell phone or free long distance. Some land line plans have a monthly set fee for long distance but certainly not all of them.

I want to make sure that everyone has a chance to participate no matter what their financial situation.

Are you a glutton for punishment? Remember everyone to please turn down the sound on your computer or walk away. We may drive each other crazy with all that feedback. The show still will be live even though it's a test.

Are you a glutton for punishment? Remember everyone to please turn down the sound on your computer or walk away. We may drive each other crazy with all that feedback. The show still will be live even though it's a test.

YEs I am a glutton for punishment. After the test show I am going to run my fingernails over a chalkboard until I pass out.

Will there be snacks?

I heard Kimster is bringing snacks!

Count me in if there's snacks!

Will there be snacks?

I heard Kimster is bringing snacks!

Count me in if there's snacks!

Of course there will be snacks. Anything for you my dear. :)

Guys, I have no idea who will be calling us. Remember this is a public thread and who knows who will read it and show up.

This is going to be FUN.

Are you going to have that on skype so we can all watch?

Of course but for this I'll charge a dollar per person. One dollar per person to watch me implode. Sounds like an event the whole family can watch. LOL.

(Kidding people. I am not charging anyone to watch anything I am doing.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back