11-year-old stripped naked, bullying videotaped

Nefriahaia

Inactive
Reaction score
FORT MYERS, Fla. -- A Fort Myers mother says she feels powerless after her 11-year-old son was pinned down at his neck and stripped naked by two middle school girls.

At first glance the minute-long YouTube video looks like kids playing. But it soon takes a disturbing turn as the boy cries out for help, humiliated and pinned down to the ground.

"Mommy!," he yells.

The video, which has since been taken down, shows two Dunbar Middle School girls holding the boy down in broad daylight, inside a gated community.

video at link:

http://www.fox4now.com/story/14821011/11-year-old-stripped-naked-bullied-on-video

how old are the girls? we don't have middle school here so I'm having trouble guesstimating their ages

they should definately be charged with something - it's not just a 'prank' - and I don't think a couple of minor juvenile charges will ruin their future but it might teach them & others a valuable lesson

plus, the boy must be so humiliated - this could cause psyche scars that last a lifetime - I know that from personal experience because a very similar thing happened to me at the same age except there were more boys 'attacking' me and I'm still slightly traumatized by it many, many years later

Middle school ages around 11,12,13 years old. I know if this was boys that did this to a little girl I bet they would be charged with a crime. There shouldn't be a double standard here. If that was my son I would lose my s%&t!!

Middle school is usually 6th, 7th and 8th grade or 5th through 8th.

As the mother of an 8 yr old boy, I am really surprised this boys mother is quoted as saying she doesn't know if she wants to press charges. If this happened to my son there is NO doubt I would press charges. Enough with the double standards, abuse is abuse regardless of gender. I'm stunned the police closed the case stating it was a prank. If these girls aren't charged appropriately now, no doubt we'll be reading about them in the news again.

jmo

Middle School is 6th, 7th, and 8th grades. Age ranges from 12-15 depending on when the child started school and what not.
If I was these girls parnets I would spank their butt and ground them for the entire summer, no phone, no computer, no TV, no friends no nothing!

I believe the poster who said if it was the other way around the boy would be facing charges is correct, it seems double standard to me as well. I think they should be punished somehow like a few days in juvy along with some community service, this is terrible, poor kid :(

Middle school could be anywhere from 4th through 9th grades depending on the district. Here it is 4th through 8th. The girls were most likely 7th or 8th graders IMO. This is horrible and I agree with Cubby that the mom should absolutely press charges.

This is the part that cinched it for me.

At first glance the minute-long YouTube video looks like kids playing. But it soon takes a disturbing turn as the boy cries out for help, humiliated and pinned down to the ground.

"Mommy!," he yells.

The video, which has since been taken down, shows two Dunbar Middle School girls holding the boy down in broad daylight, inside a gated community.

The boy begs the girls to stop as the rip off his bathing suit, leaving him naked lying on the ground.

The title of the video, which was online for more than 24 hours, says the boy is getting "owned."

If they just did it to him, maybe I could see it as a joke gone too far. But posting it on Youtube? I'd sue the sh! out of her parents.

Middle school could be anywhere from 4th through 9th grades depending on the district. Here it is 4th through 8th. The girls were most likely 7th or 8th graders IMO. This is horrible and I agree with Cubby that the mom should absolutely press charges.

Oh wow ! I did not know they were different like that, I guess I learn something new every day :) I just assumed all middle schools were 6th-8th like here .... lol.....

Poor kid, I think the mother should charge the girls because I mean bullying is bad enough but, to strip the kid naked is way beyond letting them off the hook.

It is no less serious because girls were the perpetrators. They should face charges. Boys would.

This type of behavior has to be nipped in the bud early and kids need to know it is serious not funny. A wrist slap is not enough.

That poor little boy. Mindi is right, if boys did this to a girl, they would be charged. These girls should get in serious trouble.

Something of similar origin happened to a family friend, a 12year-old girl.

(Changing names here ofc)

The 12yearold, Ashley, was visiting her friend Lauren. Lauren had an older sister, who's 18-year-old boyfriend, Mike was also there. Mike accused Ashley of stealing a sweatshirt that she was currently wearing. The sweatshirt was not his, and had been given to Ashley by a friend James Hanson, who's initials were actually on the shirt's tag. Mike blocked the doorway of the home and wouldn't let Ashley leave until she relinquished the sweatshirt. He did not physically remove it from her nor did he watch as she took it off. She then walked home in the cold of winter in her bra.

Something to do with how state laws were written up prevented charges from being filed against Mike (to the irritation of the local PD, mind you) because he was not a family relative.

As much as charges should have been filed against Mike, and the girls that bullied this boy, some states simply give more protection to perps and bullies than they do victims, pure and simple. =(

Terrible. SO shaming...that's soul-wounding, imo. That mother BETTER charge. Those kids need to be stopped and her son needs to be validated...OMG.

I don't even know why the mom has to think about it ..this will hauNt this poor kid for the rest of his life and these girls need some HELP!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back