GUILTY Canada - Const. Garrett Styles, 32, slain, Newmarket, Ont, 28 June 2011

I'm having issues distancing myself from this. It's unbelievably tragic and heartbreaking.

R. I. P. Garrett Styles

And this 15 year old kid will probably get a lot less than 12 years because of
his age.

If he should survive.

My daughter is a PO and I worry every time she goes to work.

funeral's on Tuesday and a trust fund has been set up for his wife, two-year old daughter and nine-week old son

How tragic, the teenager did not expect this to be the outcome of taking a vehicle and going out driving with his buddies, the cop did not expect to get killed like this in a routine traffic stop,

I wonder what charges the 15 year old will get, and if any of the other occupants of the vehicle will be charged with anything

http://www.680news.com/news/local/a...boy-charged-in-cop-death-reportedly-paralysed

The Toronto Sun reported the teen, who is now in Toronto Western Hospital, is from Keswick, Ont., and was known to police.

The van he was driving allegedly belonged to his father. The Sun said it was travelling at more than 145 kilometres an hour when it was pulled over by Const. styles who was alledgedly presented with a driver's licence, even though the teen was too young to have one.

How tragic, the teenager did not expect this to be the outcome of taking a vehicle and going out driving with his buddies, the cop did not expect to get killed like this in a routine traffic stop,

I wonder what charges the 15 year old will get, and if any of the other occupants of the vehicle will be charged with anything

[bbm]

the driver has already been charged with murder and the police have stated that the passengers have been co-operating fully so to me, that implies they won't be charged ...

[bbm]

the driver has already been charged with murder and the police have stated that the passengers have been co-operating fully so to me, that implies they won't be charged ...

am suprised there appear to be no conspiracy charges for the occupants of the vehicle, they were after all in a car that was being driven by a 15 year old,

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/a...er-in-van-that-killed-officer-says-sorry?bn=1

A teenage girl claiming to be an unlucky passenger in the van that rolled over and killed Const. Garrett Styles after a traffic stop says she is sorry for the officer’s death.

At the same time, she says no one should pin any blame on her.

The youth’s classmates say he was known for sneaking the keys to the van after his parents went to work and took friends out for joyrides before dawn even though he wasn’t old enough to drive.

This officer is a father of a 9 week old and a 2 year old child, and husband to his wife. They have nothing.

The teen who killed him is now paralyzed and has been charged with first degree murder, and so many lives ruined for what? a joyride? It makes me so angry.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news...urder+charge+officer+death/5025809/story.html

Styles pulled over a 2005 Dodge Caravan and was at the driver's side door when the vehicle accelerated. He was dragged approximately 300 metres through a field before the vehicle lost control and rolled over, pinning him beneath it. The officer was able to make an emergency call from his radio calling for a 10-33 — a code indicating emergency and assistance is needed.

In the chilling audio dispatch, Styles expressed the pain he was experiencing, with the van weighing heavy on his waist. But the 13-minute transcript also shows the officer reiterating his concern for the passengers in the van.

another interesting article.. I've read a bit more about this girl, but since it's information that shouldn't be out there, and rumours, I won't post.

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/06/30/girl-denies-blame-in-cops-death

I already posted a thread on this. A mod will merge if someone alerts them.

oops! That's what I get for going away for the weekend! thanks :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back