GUILTY MI - Dr. Seth Thompson, 83, Midland, 25 June 2011

dreamweaver

Reaction score
http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?section=news/local&id=8222811

Seth Thompson has been missing since Friday, June 24. Seth's family knows time is not on their side.

Friday morning, Seth called one of his sons to say he was going to Lansing with a person he knew.

Seth's other son David, who is a former Midland Police Officer, says that person is a convicted felon who owed his father money from a roofing job he never completed 5 years ago.

http://www.ourmidland.com/crime/article_879cd96e-05a3-5c7f-a9a0-14a3d9b82ddc.html
Seth Charles Thompson, a retired oral surgeon, was last heard from when he spoke to family members by phone at 8:45 p.m. At the time, he might have been on his way back to Midland from the Lansing area, Kramer said. Thompson's family reported him as an overdue motorist and missing person at 10:35 a.m. Saturday.

This man appears to be in serious danger.

Prayers for Seth. It does not sound good, but always hold out hope for a positive outcome.

LE is looking for the time that Thompson's van was parked at the plaza between
Walgreen's and Dairy Queen. They also want to know "who" parked the van there. Seems like a shopping plaza with lots of stores would have some surveillance cameras around to capture this information.
Worried about this missing gentlemen and feeling compassion for his sons. I know they are torn up about their dad's disappearance.

His son has been posting on freerepublic. It was suggested he get it posted here but he apparently hadn't.

Anyway, here are more details from his son (the cop son):

Michigan Freepers. My father is missing. He was last seen with the above subject who is on parole. He had stolen money from my father 5 years ago and had recently called promising to pay it back. He had recently been paroled and was wanting to turn his life around. Police finally took the missing seriously on Sunday, almost 48 hours after he was last seen. His vehicle was found 200 yards from his home in a parking lot of a Dairy Queen and Walgreens on Monday. We need to locate my father. We also need to identify anyone who may have seen my father with the subject or with anyone else. His cell phone was last pinged M-13 and M-57 area northwest of Flint. K9 1 has been dispatched to search the area. This is my first post so I hope all the information comes through.

(Some of this is in response to questions)

I was able to get his accounts accessed immediately. I have also checked his credit card. No activity at all.

Unfortunately I was out of state when this all initially happened. Since I only work part time now, I have just learned the level of frustration victims go through.

Eyes and ears are important. Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers.

I was hoping for good news, not this outcome.

~Prayers for the Thompson Family~

Aw, this is too sad! Per the artickle, after getting out of prison, the suspect contacted him to "make amends" for work not completed for which he had been paid.

Rest in Peace, Dr. Seth Thompson.

Prayers and blessings to his family and friends.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back