When the trial is all over...

Reaction score
Do we still get to see the video phone calls and letters as part of "public record" information or does that all end once the verdict is in?

I want to keep on being able to know what goes on behind the scenes with ICA and want to know what goes on in the Magical World of ICA and her imaginary friends.

I secretly hope that all that she will ever have is imaginary friends from here on out. :winkaway:

Do we still get to see the video phone calls and letters as part of "public record" information or does that all end once the verdict is in?

I want to keep on being able to know what goes on behind the scenes with ICA and want to know what goes on in the Magical World of ICA and her imaginary friends.

I secretly hope that all that she will ever have is imaginary friends from here on out. :winkaway:

I think we will be hearing about ICA for a while and then she will fade away into the sunset or is that darkness.

after the trial i am still never going to know exactly why and exactly how little Caylee died.. did she suffer,was it in ICA anger, if planned.. we will never know.

just feel sorry for GA..
I applaud JA and the prosecution I am sending a thank you card.. dont know if they will read but they did an excellent job... much thanks to them for being the true voice for Caylee.

after the trial i am still never going to know exactly why and exactly how little Caylee died.. did she suffer,was it in ICA anger, if planned.. we will never know.

just feel sorry for GA..
I applaud JA and the prosecution I am sending a thank you card.. dont know if they will read but they did an excellent job... much thanks to them for being the true voice for Caylee.

That was my plan as well.

The state of FL can be proud of their LE and judicial system! I am amazed at Judge Perry's fairness and willingness to listen to each side's argument no matter how petty it may seem, his ability to have complete control of his courtroom with his no-nonsense approach while still maintaining his wit and sense of humor.

In fact, I think the next thread that someone starts should be Perry for Pres '12

Could you just imagine everything that he could get accomplished in one term alone??

I think we will be hearing about ICA for a while and then she will fade away into the sunset.

Agreed. She will be hot news for a bit and when next story hits she'll be gone. Can't happen soon enough.

My understanding is that everything the SA and LE have will be unsealed and released after sentencing. Maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in here.

I think she'll hang on a bit longer in the local Orlando news vs the national news but very soon she will be history for most of the nation. There will be peeps like us that will be tuned into the story and continue to get little updates here and there but the big story will be over soon.

While I think that it will become public record when the trial concludes, it might give ica the argument that she can never get a fair retrial due to the case record becoming public record. That is if she were to win an appeal for a retrial, and I hope that day never comes. If the jury is hung, the record will remain as it is now, because the state will retry her again.

I thought this was going to be a support thread. :floorlaugh:

After the trial is JB obligated to represent ICA on any appeals or will she get a new lawyer??

Are you asking if her prison visits and letters she writes after the verdict is rendered and she is tranferred to prison vs. jail?

I wouldn't think so. JMHO.

Any letter she writes and the recipient wishes to publish it then yes we could see it.

I just don't see that her prison visits and communications while inside will be available.

The taped jail visits and correspondence written to KC and from KC were available to us because of the sunshine law. Simply put those tapes and letters were entered into the court as evidence and were accessable because of the sunshine law which provides the right to access all governmental proceedings by the public.

Meaning I don't know how any of her tapes or letters could be considered in the future while she is in prison serving her sentence as part of a governmental proceeding.

Good question but I really don't think it will happen.JMHO

ETA: anything that has already been submitted into evidence in this trial is considered public record unless it was sealed. You can access it yourself if you wish.

After the trial is JB obligated to represent ICA on any appeals or will she get a new lawyer??

I don't think he has any obligation to her after the end of the trial (legally) he is reported to be working pro bono right now.

She would probably do best to find an lawyer that specializes in appeals to file an appeal and she could still keep Baez if she wished is my understanding.

IMHO she will have lawyers lining the block to take a crack at a retrial if it happens and any appeals issues. JMHO

I thought this was going to be a support thread. :floorlaugh:

Well, maybe it kinda is. I'm not ready to let go of all of the discussions that I've had (or just lurked and read)with all of these people that I've never met before on WS.

Also, I just can't imagine any other case coming along that can top this one for the drama, the tears, the incredulous behavior, etc.

This was basically the first huge trial to happen with so much information on the internet which allowed everyone to have immediate information at any time of day or night. I admit that I have been a little too obsessed with this story at times but it has certainly been a ride to remember.

Especially remembering how the first forums worked - back in the day of the "Fox Blog" I think they called it. It was one huge long thread and within the huge long thread there were so many conversations going on that you had to wade through the ones that weren't talking about what you were talking about...look at how times have changed in just 3 years!

Are you asking if her prison visits and letters she writes after the verdict is rendered and she is tranferred to prison vs. jail?

I wouldn't think so. JMHO.

Any letter she writes and the recipient wishes to publish it then yes we could see it.

I just don't see that her prison visits and communications while inside will be available.

The taped jail visits and correspondence written to KC and from KC were available to us because of the sunshine law. Simply put those tapes and letters were entered into the court as evidence and were accessable because of the sunshine law which provides the right to access all governmental proceedings by the public.

Meaning I don't know how any of her tapes or letters could be considered in the future while she is in prison serving her sentence as part of a governmental proceeding.

Good question but I really don't think it will happen.JMHO

ETA: anything that has already been submitted into evidence in this trial is considered public record unless it was sealed. You can access it yourself if you wish.

Ohhh, I guess I assumed that all jail/prison records were public record if the public wanted it.

It doesn't make sense to me in a way because I would think that a person who has been found guilty of something and sent to prison would have LESS of a right to privacy of how they spend their time while they are there on OUR dime than someone who is presumed innocent during trial.

That seems wrong to me...in a backwards sort of way. :waitasec:

Wow, you guys are really confident she will be found guilty. I love the optimism but you really never know with juries.

If she gets the DP we stand even less chance of ever seeing or hearing her again. JMHO.

I understand where you are ooming from though. Doesn't seem right.

If someone decides to write a book that references all the state and defense evidence I would like to see it---complete. So that I could evaluate what is what. Because each side, the defense and the SA only really enter into evidence what supports their case/theory. KWIM? It's here I just don't have the patience to wade through all the docs yet. LOL

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyberanalyst0303
Back