what happens to the Sunfire now?

wallflower67

Reaction score
I know this isn't all that important in the grand scheme of things, but I wonder if the A's get it back? What about other stuff that was seized, like Caylee's clothes/toys that they haven't had returned to them yet.

Years ago, we had a computer that was seized as evidence in a criminal case. (long story...keep your computers password protected!)

Imagine our surprise when we were called to come get it 5 years later. This thing had about 1 gig of harddrive space and we thought it was cool when we bought it lol...so it was pretty useless.

But seriously, what will the A's do with that car? What would anyone do with that car?

Depends on the verdict. If the jury hangs, it will be kept as evidence for the retrial, I would think. Acquittal (I hope not) means casey gets the deathmobile back. Guilty verdict (hope for lwop) and the anthonys get the car back. If that happens, my advice would be to burn it and then have it compacted. One less item of evil left behind by the ice queen!

I know this isn't all that important in the grand scheme of things, but I wonder if the A's get it back? What about other stuff that was seized, like Caylee's clothes/toys that they haven't had returned to them yet.

Years ago, we had a computer that was seized as evidence in a criminal case. (long story...keep your computers password protected!)

Imagine our surprise when we were called to come get it 5 years later. This thing had about 1 gig of harddrive space and we thought it was cool when we bought it lol...so it was pretty useless.

But seriously, what will the A's do with that car? What would anyone do with that car?

I really hope the Anthonys compact it once it is no longer needed as evidence!

Unfortunately, there are a few murder memorabilia brokers that might want to buy it from whoever ends up with it and sell bits from the car to murder memorabilia collectors.

I would never stop throwing up if that were to happen.

The car should be destroyed. Who in their right mind would want a car that smells of human decomposition especially this particular one.

A man I work with his son commited suicide last summer, shot himself in his own car, as soon as the car was released he had it destroyed.

I'm sure it would have to be destroyed. That smell might have dissipated, but it will always be there to some degree. I was just wondering legally if the A's would get it back. It makes sense that they would. But for some reason I was questioning that.

I didn't think about the smell issue. yeah, that would make it unbearable to drive. However, I think there's just too much bad ju-ju around that vehicle. They need to flatten it into a little cube & sell it off for scrap metal.

I think the Anthony's will get it back, and probably have it compacted. At least, that's what I would do with it.

They should donate it to the body farm.

It will be kept has evidence until her appeals run out...Jmo

I really hope the Anthonys compact it once it is no longer needed as evidence!

Unfortunately, there are a few murder memorabilia brokers that might want to buy it from whoever ends up with it and sell bits from the car to murder memorabilia collectors.

I would never stop throwing up if that were to happen.
]
It may also be bought for the movie that is sure to come out one day.

I know a guy that went to a car dealer to look at a 2 year old used Corvette, advertised for a seriously low price. When he stepped onto the lot he could smell it from several yards away. A gun suicide had happened in it and it wasn't found for some time. The car dealer had it stripped and cleaned and spent a lot of money replacing ALL of the interior .... but... Corvettes are made from (porous) fiberglass. The decomp had literally soaked into the floor, roof etc.. He didn't buy it... :)

http://www.crimemuseum.org/. Perhaps the National museum of crime and punishment would want it. The Anthony's could sell it, or auction it, and the use the money to set up a memorial scholarship in Caylee's name. That seems a little gruesome, but maybe a way to benefit from the dark fascination that has surrounded the trial and this crime from the beginning. I imagine some people would pay a lot for it. I believe the Bullet Riddled Bonnie & Clyde car is available for viewing somewhere. I know that's different, as it was associated with the death of criminals, not a victim.

(aside: my mother died in the back seat of my dad's car on the way to the hospital, and I have to hold my breath every time I buckle my kids into their car seats back there. Just can't get the images out of my head. I can't believe he kept it.)

They should donate it to the body farm.

Good gracious, that's a clever idea. And if the Anthonys truly want a step toward redemption when this is all said and done, this would be the ultimate sacrifice. They always said this Kidfinders farce was their way of turning a negative into a positive, and I can't begin to imagine a better way to start their lives in that positive direction.

Post of the year, my friend. Post of the year.

:goldcrown:
:scale:

On a side note, what will eventually happen to the land where Caylee's remains were found?

Just like the car, is someone attempting to profit from an innocent child's death? Or are they waiting for this case to just go away so they can sell the land/use it for some more "normal" purpose?

edit: not to make it sound like anyone's attempting to profit from the car, just hypothetical

Good question though.
It does belong to the Anthony's...

On a side note, what will eventually happen to the land where Caylee's remains were found?

Just like the car, is someone attempting to profit from an innocent child's death? Or are they waiting for this case to just go away so they can sell the land/use it for some more "normal" purpose?

The family probably will block all use of her name unless they get tied into the royalty pahse?

Thank you so much for asking these questions!
I asked very similar questions yesterday but because of a little itty-bitty snarky remark I included at the end of my post, surprise surprise, my post was deleted. :doh:

I was also wondering about George's gas can.....he's had it for years.
We have a large, oval-shaped, blue, metal gas can that was my Dad's and it was his Dad's before that. I can kinda understand George's attachment to his gas cans. :)

I like your computer/seized story. :)

edit: not to make it sound like anyone's attempting to profit from the car, just hypothetical

Caylee was found in a "green space" (conservation area) so houses or any other use other than greenspace is all that can ever be there.

In Florida, builders of subdivisions have to set aside a certain amount of area that will not be sold or built on.

Maybe the Anthonys can sell it to that fairly young expert witness the defense called in. You know, the professor that failed to wrap his pigs in a blanket.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megankd
Back