Penalty Phase

What type of statement (if any) will GA make during the penalty phase?

• Victim Impact Statement

Votes: 36 17.8%
  • Plea for the life of ICA

Votes: 42 20.8%
  • Both of the above

Votes: 78 38.6%
  • No statement at all

Votes: 46 22.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BonKai

Reaction score
After watching GA "wash his hands" after testifying yesterday, I am left to wonder if he will make any statements to spare ICA from the death penalty (if we get to that phase). Or will he make a Victim Impact Statement regarding the loss of Caylee.

If we get to that stage George will make a plea for Casey. I'm not sure if he'll make victim statement if that means it makes it worse for Casey.

I think George's suicide letter was his statement. What could be more powerful than that?

What does the penalty phase mean? Could someone please explain this. Thanks

What does the penalty phase mean? Could someone please explain this. Thanks

IF ICA is found guilty of murdering Caylee (1st Degree or lessor charge), there will be a phase in which the jury hears evidence/testimony and they will vote on what penalty to impose.

The last word in his suicide note was "Casey" with no message for her. I found that telling. I think he doesn't even know what to say to her at this point. I didn't vote in the poll as I don't think there's anyway to know what he will be able to do. Cindy or Lee either. If she gets LWOP, they may consider her "lucky" to get that and be able to reconcile her actions with that. I just hope they can get through it OK.

I wish I could find the tweet that was posted during a week or so ago, right before it came out that Lee had overheard something that he went to Baez's office about.
The tweet said that George and Cindy said they would be testifying in the penalty phase on Casey's behalf only if she asked them to do so.
Does anyone else remember this?

IMO, that "hand washing" motion yesterday was aimed at JB, not KC. I think it was done purposeful. I think GA was implying that he was glad that it was finally over- he wouldn't be JB's little puppet to dance on command for any more. And that little hand washing motion was a little, how should we say ?...um.... middle index finger of appreciation on his part.

I think GA will give a victim impact statement. I think it will be horribly sad to hear how much he misses his grand daughter. I think we will all cry. I think he will break down as he gives it.

I think he will plead to save his daughter's life, if it comes down to that. I think he loves KC. I think he blames himself. I think GA can't forgive himself for missing the warning signs, for not getting Caylee away from KC while he had the chance. I think he feels if he could have done something/anything different, this would not have happened and Caylee would still be here and KC would not be in jail. He wants KC to be a healthy, normal loving mother and Caylee to be the way she was. He wanted to walk her to her first day of school. He blames himself because he thinks that he could have stopped this from happening somehow.

He'll give a statement- because he blames himself. It kills George each and everyday to live with that. And it makes me feel so badly for this man because I know that he loved that little girl so much. It's not his fault and he shouldn't take this burden onto his own shoulders.

To me I think it would look really bad on the parents parts if they didn't give a impact statement. If they only gave a statement to save Casey to me that would look really really bad. I voted both, I think all 3 of them will give an impact statement if permitted all 3 and I think they will all 3 give a statement to try and save Casey

I wish I could find the tweet that was posted during a week or so ago, right before it came out that Lee had overheard something that he went to Baez's office about.
The tweet said that George and Cindy said they would be testifying in the penalty phase on Casey's behalf only if she asked them to do so.
Does anyone else remember this?

I remember reading that last week too. I can't remember who tweeted it but it was said.

I cannot imagine Casey asking them to testify but I also cannot see Cindy NOT testifying to save her daughter's life. On the other hand, I can see George being stubborn enough to not testify on behalf of Casey unless asked she asks him to do so.

I too feel that the hand wiping motion was toward JB and not toward ICA. I think that they will give a statement reguardless of if she ask them to or not. We all know that they love ICA. That's evident in all that they've said and done since day one...meaning since the day they called the LE or even before. They love her because she's their daughter and LA's sister, but they hate her for what she's done. She's still their daughter and a sister. None of the family have turned their backs on ICA. Only one has told more truths than the others. Not to hurt her but it's in him to be more truthful. Will their statements help her? They might. I do think that they want her to be punished but they don't want her to die. I feel that in their heart of hearts they know that it wasn't an accident. None of them will ever be the same no matter the outcome of the trial.

I really don't know what to expect from them. I feel really bad for them on so many levels. They have lost their precious Caylee and now they have to realize they are going to loose their daughter. No matter how evil we all here know that Casey is, she is still her parents flesh and blood. I don't know how they must be feeling. I'm sure they hate Casey for taking Casey away from them but Casey is their daughter who really messed up their family.

Mistrial due to Hung Jury if we want to see Justice for Caylee. Then this can be retried correctly and non-biasedly, and ALL the players can be charged. moo

I voted he will not make a statement. If he makes a victim impact statement, it could cause the jury to vote for death, and as much as he is angry with ICA, I don't see him wanting her to die for what she did. I also don't think he will testify on ICA's behalf, because I think the "wiping of the hands" was toward her. JB was still at the podium, straight ahead to where GA was walking, and he turned his head sideways and made the gesture at the same time.

I think (with the hopes of a first degree guilty) that GA will go in front and state that while he he doesn't approve of the actions his daughter has done. He has lost his granddaughter at the hands of his daughter. Despite that fact, he still loves his daughter, just not her actions. He wants her held accountable but taking her life will not bring back Caylee's therefore can they spare her life and sentence her to life in prison instead.

I think he already made his "victim impact statement." It was pretty clear to me.

The last word in his suicide note was "Casey" with no message for her. I found that telling. I think he doesn't even know what to say to her at this point. I didn't vote in the poll as I don't think there's anyway to know what he will be able to do. Cindy or Lee either. If she gets LWOP, they may consider her "lucky" to get that and be able to reconcile her actions with that. I just hope they can get through it OK.

George A also knew when writing this note that it would become public, if he should say anything to CA he should apologize for not being a good father and role model growing up.

He'll do whatever Cindy tells him to do.

I can't quite figure out how she'll do both... I don't see her making a victim impact statement unless she is able to twist it to be all about Casey. If Caylee's memorial/funeral can't even freaking be about Caylee then I will bet my last dollar that the victim impact statement wont really be about her either as far as Cindy is concerned!

So I think Cindy will make George do one and she'll do the other.

I don't think Casey will get the death penalty. I think she will be convicted of a lesser charge that doesn't carry the death penalty. To me, the evidence says premeditated murder but there are still so many things we don't know. I just hope she doesn't get off like OJ did.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back