IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score

How to Become a Verified Member

__________________________________________________ ___________
Who's Who in the Lauren Spierer Case, Updated 06-30-11 (by the Herald Times Online)
Photos and Maps
Media Links

Bloomington Police search for missing 20 year old woman

She is a white female, 4 feet 11 inches tall, slender build, has blue eyes and long blonde hair. She is listed as a student according to IU Bloomington's website.

Spierer was last seen walking south on College Avenue from 11th Street on her way back to her apartment in Smallwood Plaza, located on College Avenue.

She did not arrive to her apartment and video footage does not show her entering the apartment complex.
Spierer was wearing a white tank top with a loose, light colored button shirt over it and full length black stretch pants. She was not wearing shoes.

Re: the photo released Wednesday, 06-15-2011, of Lauren leaving Smallwood Apartments the evening of June 2, 2011. ttp://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81929

257055720-08091055.jpg

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-laure...,1261306.story
__________________________________________________ _________
Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread 31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34

I've been following along on here and have finally decided to get involved. I'm from Indiana and spent about 6 years living in Bloomington and just moved last year. I could hardly believe it when I heard about this case and I was pretty convinced her friends or boyfriend rather than a stranger were involved right from the start. I feel like the construction site across from the apartments on 11th is a likely location for her to be. Going the other way would have been on camera. I'm surprised that we haven't heard of any digging going on around that area. Or any other cars that may have been in the area.

I'm also surprised that we're just hearing about home searches. Also surprised that LE hasn't mentioned searching computers/internet records of the POIs. I've seen a lot of people on here thinking that LE has info and is just not coming out with it. I disagree. I personally think this has been poorly handled by LE just as the Jill Berhman case was years prior. I'm guessing they genuinely don't have a clue. JMO

Also, I've seen people commenting about how late is was and how this was risky behavior. This is common behavior in Bloomington. Everyone walks just about everywhere. Especially downtown. And there's usually people out and about at any given hour. Another reason this is so perplexing

Off topic, I am watching a show about a woman who was murdered in her home in CA some years ago, and one line caught my ear..."all of her friends bent over backwards to help the police in their investigation..."

Off topic, I am watching a show about a woman who was murdered in her home in CA some years ago, and one line caught my ear..."all of her friends bent over backwards to help the police in their investigation..."

That does seem to be missing here.

I'm so confused....I really am. I read so much and sometimes I don't comprehend or know how to organize my thoughts. I need somebody to clarify for me their thoughts on the following....

If LS leaves smallwood and then enters the alley with CR, how would the mystery person fit in with this scenario? Some people are saying it wasn't CR, but then what happened to him if he's not in the alley?
Why would JR implicate himself into the story, for what benefit?

And if CR so readily talks to LE regarding evening, what could he be covering up knowing he's going to be questioned, searched, given a lie detector at some point.. Etc.

I don't know how two different "parties" would be connected and why they would want to protect eachother. Does that make sense?

I'm even confused what I'm writing!

Retired officer weighs in on missing student case-
http://www.wthr.com/story/15016375/retired-officer-weighs-in-on-missing-student-case

As the case enters its second month, Eyewitness News also talked with a former Indianapolis police captain to gain insight into where the case goes from here.

Retired police captain and crime author Robert Snow, is not involved in the Spierer case, but his 30 years in law enforcement, including several years as homicide commander, give him insight into this kind of investigation. He believes those people last seen with Lauren know more. Detectives will focus on them.

"The longer you search, the more frustrating it becomes," Snow said. "They would be the most likely ones to know what happened to her."

The fact that many of those students hired lawyers is surprising to Snow.

"I find that extremely unusual," he said. "I don't know why you'd want a lawyer if you were just with somebody who disappeared. I don't understand that, no."

Also, I've seen people commenting about how late is was and how this was risky behavior. This is common behavior in Bloomington. Everyone walks just about everywhere. Especially downtown. And there's usually people out and about at any given hour. Another reason this is so perplexing

Just because a lot of people might do it doesn't make it not risky. Especially since she was supposedly walking alone, without shoes, keys or cell phone, and allegedly intoxicated.

http://www.wthr.com/story/15016375/retired-officer-weighs-in-on-missing-student-case

As the case enters its second month, Eyewitness News also talked with a former Indianapolis police captain to gain insight into where the case goes from here.

Retired police captain and crime author Robert Snow, is not involved in the Spierer case, but his 30 years in law enforcement, including several years as homicide commander, give him insight into this kind of investigation. He believes those people last seen with Lauren know more. Detectives will focus on them.

"The longer you search, the more frustrating it becomes," Snow said. "They would be the most likely ones to know what happened to her."

"I find that extremely unusual," he said. "I don't know why you'd want a lawyer if you were just with somebody who disappeared. I don't understand that, no."

I do understand why someone would want a lawyer if they were with somebody who disappeared, even if that someone was innocent. After all, it's not like innocent people haven't been wrongly convicted.

that's what friends do, as opposed to "friends", who bend over backwards to help cover their own dirty secrets. :sick:

I do understand why someone would want a lawyer if they were with somebody who disappeared, even if that someone was innocent. After all, it's not like innocent people haven't been wrongly convicted.
I completely agree with you, and it is hard to say exactly how the question was phrased when that response was given. It is probably just another way for LE to get the same message out.

Nobody was going to be "wrongly convicted" of anything if they didn't do anything wrong and just spoke honestly to LE, instead of issuing "statements" IMO. I do not believe wrongful convictions are rampant in this country, and these POI's have not even been named as suspects.

And now they have their lawyers, there is no reason they cannot make an appointment and make themselves fully available to answer questions. Better late than never, IMO.

Nobody was going to be "wrongly convicted" of anything if they didn't do anything wrong and just spoke honestly to LE, instead of issuing "statements" IMO. I do not believe wrongful convictions are rampant in this country, and these POI's have not even been named as suspects.

And now they have their lawyers, there is no reason they cannot make an appointment and make themselves fully available to answer questions. Better late than never, IMO.

This is what I think too. Come to Bloomington, bring your lawyer and be interviewed by BPD. Don't just 'issue a statement' through your lawyer!

While you're there, how about stop by and talk with Mr. and Mrs. Spierer? Perhaps apologize for not walking Lauren home, perhaps say a prayer with them, offer a hug or a shoulder to cry on. Something!!! Anything!! JMO

Considering how many people have been exonerated after years in prison I personally wouldn't count on it.

Hiring a lawyer is never a bad thing if you are part of an investigation. If nothing else, it just protects you from saying something that could cost you down in the road, innocent or guilty. I also would assume some POI had talked with LE in some capacity the day LS was reported missing, possibly before any lawyer was involved. Also, I think there is a big difference in a lawyer looking out for your best interest versus a lawyer putting a full court defense on.

I think his comments summarize the case. If your friend just disappears and you were the last to see her, you dont hire lawyers. No reason to hire high power attorneys if you have nothing to hide. I think the 3 POIs in the apartment building in which LS was last seen have not told the whole truth. They must know what happened (at the very least one of them). Hopefully someone will talk. The story of the random abduction simply does not add up. I think one of these students will talk at the end. It seems like this is a case in which more than one POI participated in the crime and/or the cover up and someone will talk at the end, in an attempt to get a better deal with the prosecution.

I think his comments summarize the case. If your friend just disappears and you were the last to see her, you dont hire lawyers. No reason to hire high power attorneys if you have nothing to hide. I think the 3 POIs in the apartment building in which LS was last seen have not told the whole truth. They must know what happened (at the very least one of them). Hopefully someone will talk. The story of the random abduction simply does not add up. I think one of these students will talk at the end. It seems like this is a case in which more than one POI participated in the crime and/or the cover up and someone will talk at the end, in an attempt to get a better deal with the prosecution.
Another oddity is that two of the POI that we are aware of, JW and CR, have hired lawyers and claim they were asleep at the time JR says he last saw LS walking away.

Another oddity is that two of the POI that we are aware of, JW and CR, have hired lawyers and claim they were asleep at the time JR says he last saw LS walking away.

JW was probably the only one who had a good reason to hire a lawyer, being the boyfriend, who is always a POI/potential suspect in such cases. But I am convinced that he is completely innocent and unrelated to the case. All his actions were consistent with a concerned person who was trying to find Lauren and then called her parents and told them she was missing.

Regarding the latest TG theory:
It's hard for me to believe that the mystery man was with Lauren in the alley and either still with her at 3:38 or had become reunited with her after she was at CR's. Why would CR, MB, and JR all make up stories to cover for the mystery man if they weren't involved. I know some people think the mystery man was at Indy 500 and this same person is also thought to be close friends with the person who punched CR. Even if the mystery man and CR/MB/JR were all friends, I can't see a reason for these three to cover for anyone else.
If this theory is true, the mystery man and the group he is with are getting off easy in the public. We can't even use these people's initials and since they are unnamed in the press there isn't any public pressure on them.
Even if CR/MB/JR were in on it at the beginning, by now it seems they would have spoken up to clear themselves and implicate the others.

I still think CR's story of about not remembering anything is BS...unless he witnessed something that his mind wants to block out.

Wow. Hard-hitting report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member