Casey after court 2011.07.01-Angry or not?

twall

Reaction score
WFTV posted this video with the title-Casey Gets Angry After Court

http://www.wftv.com/video/28424275/index.html

I watched it and don't see any anger. I see her handing a paper to JB?. I can't tell if she signed it or not but I do see her say "no". Did JB want her to sign a paper stating she would not file an appeal claiming ineffective counsel and she refused? (I'm kidding!)

She may get a little testy because the guard is rushing her but I don't see anger. Anger was when she bared her teeth at JB last week! :eek:

Maybe it is not showing anger directly, but I think it looks like there is a lot of anger going on underneath. And finger pointing at who is to blame....

But you are right, she's not barring her teeth.... yet...

I don't think she is angry, no mistaking her angry face. Definitely animated over something, not happy about the guard rushing her away from her "job" as a member of the defense team.

So many posts about ICA's demeanor but how can anyone really know? Her expressions change from seething rage to happy-go-lucky to come hither big boy to fake cry in a matter of minutes.

Maybe it is not showing anger directly, but I think it looks like there is a lot of anger going on underneath. And finger pointing at who is to blame....

But you are right, she's not barring her teeth.... yet...

It looks to me as though she is frustrated and trying to question or explain something to JB. She's not too happy with the female guard either.

So many posts about ICA's demeanor but how can anyone really know? Her expressions change from seething rage to happy-go-lucky to come hither big boy to fake cry in a matter of minutes.

And that is the scariest part. Watching her watch herself.

I wonder what she would say if we showed her the clip and asked her what she was feeling....

She was enjoying herself and soaking up the last dregs of negative attention. I see she stole a quick glance at Linda Drane Burdick who was talking quite animatedly in front of Casey

That guard is not one for messing around is she, she practically scooped Casey out of there, she had to, Casey wasn't going anywhere any time soon under her own steam.

I see her being animated, not angry.

She was enjoying herself and soaking up the last dregs of negative attention. I see she stole a quick glance at Linda Drane Burdick who was talking quite animatedly in front of Casey

That guard is not one for messing around is she, she practically scooped Casey out of there, she had to, Casey wasn't going anywhere any time soon under her own steam.

Enjoying & soaking up, yes. I really got the sense her anoyance with the gaurd was because she was desperate to cling to the last seconds of her life as paralegal Casey . . . couple of more days & she won't be crooking her finger at grown men, issuing orders & deciding on how to wear her hair. Desperation from a hint of reality is what I saw.

I watched it and don't see any anger. I see her handing a paper to JB?. I can't tell if she signed it or not but I do see her say "no". Did JB want her to sign a paper stating she would not file an appeal claiming ineffective counsel and she refused? (I'm kidding!)

She may get a little testy because the guard is rushing her but I don't see anger. Anger was when she bared her teeth at JB last week! :eek:

Thanks for posting this! Yesterday I was :banghead: about this. JVM kept talking about how she bowed her head because she was so "upset", and then all of this "anger".

Well, when I was watching on the live feed - She was not bowing her head because she was "upset". SHE WAS READING SOMETHING. Then JB and CM were trying to give her something to take with her, and the Deputy shook her head "no". Casey simply seemed to be animated because she couldn't take any paperwork with her. This video doesn't show the deputy saying no.

Oh the drama! :dramaqueen:

Nope - not her angry face (which I've seen before). It looks like she was telling another porkie pie though (all smiley and animated). It's hard to imagine that anything coming out of her mouth is the truth. I sure would hate to have to listen to her and her magical thinking ;)

MOO

Mel

I think she was irritated, and just one short step below anger. I think she gained better control of her emotions when she realized LDB was watching her.

ICA's facial expressions in this video are the same as one of my older sister's (who, alas, is not a sociopath), right before she blows up.

I had to giggle a bit watching this, because it looks like Linda Drane-Burdick and Jeff Ashton were pretty attuned to ICA's mood, and may have moved a little closer to make sure they got front seats to the show. Remember, they could hear what she was saying, and how she was saying it....

Casey looked more annoyed then angry. I wonder if anyone can tell what she's saying? I certainly can't. That female deputy with the blonde hair is no nonsense. She's the one that I've seen pointing at the public in the courtroom letting them know that they aren't to talk to each other. She looked like she was hustling Casey out of the courtroom after court recessed for the day.

Someone transcribed the lip reading of this clip in the sidebar thread - the same poster who lip read the ICA outburst after Cindy's first testimony. I'm sorry I can't recall the poster's name, but she nails it each time and the words pop right out once you know what she's saying.

In this case she was telling JB or CM or whomever that she can't take the stake of papers with her, she can't take anything with her and so someone will have to actually bring the papers to her later. That was all.

I don't think she was upset. Earlier she was looking down and reading those papers intently. She does this finger thing when she's reading and concentrating (I hate to admit this, but I do it too) where she kind of rubs one finger against another. At one point something distracts her and she looks up - not upset, just curiously glances - then goes back to reading.

I saw then and see now watching the tape again NO anger at all.
Casey just wants to be the boss, she knows that guard is behind her and hates it.
SHE wants to leave when SHE wants to leave, NOT when the guard tells her to.
It is all about Casey, period.

I posted this in the sidebar thread, and I see it as passive aggressive.
IMO, when she bared her teeth last week that was pure RAGE.

JMO

She doesn't look angry just maybe frustrated because she has to go back into her cell. Which is where all bad mommies like her should stay.

I watched her and I definitely did not see anger...I saw fear. She looked like she knew she was at the end of the hallway. I think she was saying (once she sat down at the table) something like...what do I do now? I don't have anything to read back there? I don't know what to do....
It seemed to me that DS even tapped her arm, like "get up, time to go"...but ICA did not want to go yet. Maybe she realized her 15 minutes is UP.

May I respectfully ask why everyone is so fascinated by Casey's feelings? Does it really matter? I am not meaning to be sarcastic or instigate a fight, I'm just curious.

Not saying that you all are wrong... feel free to talk about it all you want... I'm just really baffled by the fascination with her.

Kathy B. starts off every column every day with what Casey is wearing to court and how she wears her hair. This is my first time to EVER see it reported on a daily basis what a defendant wears and how they fix their hair. We talk about her thinking she has celebrity status, well... WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT??? The media and the public!!! And I bet she is aware of every little comment made in the papers and on t.v. and EATS IT UP!!! WE are feeding her ego.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back