How much time will each side take?

mom23gr8kids

Reaction score
For their closing arguments that is of course.

Do you think they will go on and on for hours (cough JB cough), or be swift and to the direct point trying to move it only quickly to get to deliberations?

Especially considering the fact that they know the holiday and that these jurors have been sequestered for must feel like forever to them, I would think the attorneys would want to consider the jurors plans, feelings at being away from home so long already, and their desire to just get to their job and get done when planning my closing and the length of it.

So what do you think 2 hours, 4 hours, all day????

Apparently each side has been given 4 hours total, but who knows how long they will actually talk. I cannot imagine that Baez has enough actual evidence to last that long.

And I do not think the state wants to talk that long either. We will see and it is ALMOST time. wow

Who goes first? I want the state just to end with a quiet moment and a picture of Caylee Marie as their last piece of evidence that she is gone and needs to be remembered and justice be served for her innocent short life.

I agree a beautiful picture. Maybe the video of her sweet voice that will never be heard again.

Oh my. I hadn't realized each side had a full four hours. I HOPE JB doesn't ramble on. Why am I envisioning this being like a timed test and JB being cut off midsentence if he goes over 4 hours?

I too would like to know who goes first.

Oh my. I hadn't realized each side had a full four hours. I HOPE JB doesn't ramble on. Why am I envisioning this being like a timed test and JB being cut off midsentence if he goes over 4 hours?

I too would like to know who goes first.

State goes first, then Defense, then State gets a short time to rebuff. This was from a TH, so don't shoot the messenger...

You're right. It's State, DT, and then State gets to go again. The 2nd time will prob be short. They seem to keep things concise. While both sides have 4 hours I'm not sure DT will go that long although JB is very long winded. lol I think State will be longer as they have to go through the timeline and a lot more evidence. I'm not sure State however will need 4 hours either.

My prediction: State will be concise in bringing it all together. Defense will ramble on and on to drag it out, as they've been doing all along but will actually say nothing (Blah Blah Blah Blah, as Jose very eloquently demonstrated for us yesterday. That was priceless!) In one sense, I'd like to see Mason do C-A as he at can at least string together a coherent thought. On the other hand, Jose is far less effective at arguing but maddening in his arrogant insolence, IMO. State will then quickly clean up that mess, as they've been doing all along in cross examination. This is it, folks, the culmination of 3+ years. Saying a prayer for the DT tonight, and Justice for Caylee!

1 hour for the State. 45 minutes for the defense. 10 minutes for the State in final word.

The State only wants to hit major solid proven points. And some law. The defense has nothing to talk about except things that "never were". Now a better question is how many times the defense gets stopped in presenting items outside the rules of closing here. Side-bar time here could really add up. I will make 4 hours of wasted JB legal nonsense.

For their closing arguments that is of course.

Do you think they will go on and on for hours (cough JB cough), or be swift and to the direct point trying to move it only quickly to get to deliberations?

Especially considering the fact that they know the holiday and that these jurors have been sequestered for must feel like forever to them, I would think the attorneys would want to consider the jurors plans, feelings at being away from home so long already, and their desire to just get to their job and get done when planning my closing and the length of it.

So what do you think 2 hours, 4 hours, all day????

One of the people on HLN said that the state will likely take 3 hours, defense will take 4 hours, and then the state will take a 1 hour rebuttal. I imagine both LDB and JA will each take a segment of the state's closing argument.

I think it would be better all the way around for the closing arguments to be shorter rather than longer for all the reasons you've stated. The jurors are anxious to do their job and go home. After all these weeks of testimony, I think by now they all must have reached a conclusion and I don't think the closing arguments will change their minds.

JB's closing (A Dr. Seuss-ish rhyme):

I wish we could have told you this.
I wish we could have told you that.
I wish we could have pulled a rabbit out of a hat.
But the way this case was investigated --
It was really a sham.
That smell in the trunk?
Just green eggs and ham.

JB's closing (A Dr. Seuss-ish rhyme):

I wish we could have told you this.
I wish we could have told you that.
I wish we could have pulled a rabbit out of a hat.
But the way this case was investigated --
It was really a sham.
That smell in the trunk?
Just green eggs and ham.

One change...

I wish we could have pulled ANYTHING out of a hat...

And then when he says "green eggs and ham" in court... he'll get sued. :floorlaugh:

It's never wise to take a victory lap before crossing the finish line. I don't think the prosecution will give a short closing. They have the evidence & they need to restate it. ALL of it. Justice demands it.

It's rare to hear numerous objections during arguments but something tells me Aston will be objectioning a lot in so far as it's hard to imagine what Baez can argue without crossing the line.

Today, IMO, is the most interesting day of the ordeal. Closing argument can be great theatre. Say a prayer for the jurors, they have a tremendous responsibility ahead.

It's never wise to take a victory lap before crossing the finish line. I don't think the prosecution will give a short closing. They have the evidence & they need to restate it. ALL of it. Justice demands it.

It's rare to hear numerous objections during arguments but something tells me Aston will be objectioning a lot in so far as it's hard to imagine what Baez can argue without crossing the line.

Today, IMO, is the most interesting day of the ordeal. Closing argument can be great theatre. Say a prayer for the jurors, they have a tremendous responsibility ahead.

For some reason I didnt think you could have any objections during closing arguments. I guess I watch too many TV shows that leave the objections to the evidence portion of the trial!:waitasec:

I would venture to say they both won't go the full four hours. Maybe a couple of hours each.

I'm sure the state's closing will be very concise & to the point, so I doubt they'll use up the whole four hours.

Baez, on the other hand... :eek:hdear:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back