POLL: How did JB do in closing statements pre-lunch?

How did Jose Baez do so far?

• 1 - I pity the fool

Votes: 214 48.7%

Votes: 52 11.8%

Votes: 44 10.0%

Votes: 25 5.7%

Votes: 21 4.8%

Votes: 21 4.8%

Votes: 20 4.6%

Votes: 23 5.2%

Votes: 8 1.8%

Votes: 11 2.5%

• Total voters

MissDiva

Reaction score
I might not be around this afternoon, so let's take the first part of JB's closing arguments.

On a scale from 1 to 10, with 1 being "I pity the fool" and 10 being "outstanding", please rate how you think he did.

zzzzzzz...What..? Oh..?! Sorry, you woke me up. :D

I wish <modsnip>'s Aquafina bottle contained a nice, cool, refreshing sip of <modsnip>. Poor <modsnip>. Ashton's a tough act to follow.

Telling the Jury they don't understand the law, pot calling kettle black.

Could someone please tell me if Baez said Charity Beasley DROVE the car to the tow yard?

I voted 1, but I'd like to say that I don't pity this fool. He had nearly three years to prepare this defense. He wasn't handed this case at the last minute. He came across as bumbling, incompetent, and very patronizing toward the jury. His constant throwing of others under the bus infuriates me, and I can't believe that he again tried to go with his completely unfounded and delusional theory that the state was out to get Casey. Ridiculous, IMO.

IIRC, didn't he say in the media at various times throughout the last couple of years that when this case went to trial, we'd all be able to completely understand all of Casey's lies and actions? I understand none of her actions at all. He's cleared nothing up for me, other than making me even more convinced of her guilt. I'd say his entire defense was a big FAIL.

MOO

He did waaaayyy better than I thought he was capable of doing. It was however, boring and seemed way longer than 45 minutes.

I thought he said the line, "I'll come back to that" too many times, and dwelt on the smell too much. We have some that smelled it, and some that didn't. Big whoop! Doesn't mean it wasn't there. Quit talking about the unpleasant smell of the victim in this case! That smell was your client's daughter!

His "cut the cheese" comment bizarre and unprofessional this is no time for a crass joke.

Perhaps Jeff Ashton might have given that consideration as well before commenting on "pigs in a blanket" and "A dog buried it? Coyotes (laugh) we aren't blessed with those here (snicker)"

Sometimes it's helps to have a little bit of relief from formality but trying to be respectful of the victim.

actually I am now a little worried.. but I see the smirks on prosecution's faces.. they are going to rebutt and tear him up and his theory...

I think he is poking a few holes but not on fact.. his theory..
cant wait to see this afternoon.. it is going to be brutal.

I voted for #2 because I just can't bring myself to pity that fool!

He started off admitting he sucks as a lawyer. Then he completely threw away his drowning theory. He hasn't actually stated anything that makes me worried. We'll see what CM comes up with.

So far, JB has insulted just about anyone and everyone from the SA to the jury. He's boring, disorganized, inarticulate, and not making a bit of sense with his convoluted rhetoric. I gave him a very generous 3 for his efforts thus far. jmo

how do I change my answer. I got the numbering mixed up. I thought 10 was bad

He did ok. By ok I just mean serviceable. Just ok. He knows and even articulated that the last bite at the apple will be the State. He knows. We know that he can't fantasy-land his way out of the landmines in his opening statement. The last bite out of the apple will be the end of Casey's lies. JMO.

Dreadful, just dreadful! I voted #1 but not because I pity him, he's had plenty of time to prepare.

So far he has said nothing of relevance.

I am trying, but honestly, I cannot follow Jose. I just zone out because he hops all over the place. He lost my attention.

I bet he will go for the whole four hours. He likes to hear himself talk. I think he thinks he is doing a good job. Has anyone received a tweet from someone inside the court room?
WHAT IS THE JURY DOING??

i just woke up, having dozed right off while jb droaned on.

so.....yeah.......he sucks.

1 with the disclaimer that I can't be objective- I've seen too much of this man in action.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back