Identified! TN - Polk Co., female body in submerged car, Ocoee River, Jul'11 - Queana Wright-Ikpe

BeanE

Inactive
Reaction score
Website
casesignal.wordpress.com
published Sunday, July 3rd, 2011
Divers find body in car in Parksville Lake

Parksville Lake today.

A dispatcher at the Polk County Sheriff's Office said a 911 call came in at 12:06 p.m that a car was upside down in the lake. She said divers went into the water and found a body.

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/jul/03/divers-find-body-car-parksville-lake/?breakingnews

Body Found in Ocoee River
July 03, 2011 1:07 PM

Ocoee River. We're told by dispatch that the body has been recovered from a small red car in the water.

Dispatchers say the car was located between Mac Point and Highway 30.

http://www.newschannel9.com/news/river-1002629-body-ocoee.html

Just some background, but people go into the Ocoee River and Parksville Lake all the time. The road there is dangerously narrow along a whitewater river. The Olympic whitewater event was held there back in 1996.

Then again, what if she (or somebody) ditched the Jeep in Polk county or traded it for a small car?

The woman has been identified and they are saying it is a one-car accident.

Cleveland Daily Banner

A Cleveland (TN) woman has been identified as the person inside a car which was reported spotted submerged in Parksville Lake Sunday afternoon.

According to Polk County Sheriff’s Office information, the victim was identified as Queana Wright-Ikpe, 22.

Investigation is continuing; however, initial indications were Wright-Ikpe’s death was due to the vehicle crash, according to the report.

It was unknown how long the vehicle may have been in the water.

Chattanooga Times Free Press: Driver ID'd in lake crash

Authorities believe the woman’s death was an accident but the body has been sent to the state medical examiner’s office in Nashville for an autopsy.

Dispatchers in Polk County got a call at 12:06 p.m. Sunday from a Decatur, Ala., man reporting a car upside down in the lake just east of Mac Point Beach on U.S. Highway 64.

Rescuers from Polk and Bradley counties recovered the car and retrieved the body.

Hi. I read the post quoted and wanted to fill the poster on where the 98 Honda came from.

I am P37361 and I posted it on my twitter. On the weekends, more than week days, I post as much information, as it happens, on twitter that is breaking news of significance. I have several Chattanooga news people following me. During the week days I call direct numbers to report breaking news. Polk County is a Rural and often is a neglected county of the Chat area in the regional reporting yet it is a significant tourist attraction.

The car and tag number was broadcast. I choose not to post the tag number but did post the fact that it was a 98 red Honda. In an older post of that day I posted it was a 1998 red Honda Coupe. I also posted immediately when posting about the 98 Honda what my email was for inquiries of other non posted information (polkscan@tn-ol.com). As certain local reporters and producers were/are on vacation, earlier in the week I was asked to use the #CHAnews hash tag in my tweets so whoever was filling in for the vacationers could catch it on twitter if I couldn't reach producers.

80% of all the breaking news reported by News channel 9 and WRCBTV 3 in the past 4 years have come from my direct tips.

I believe in Citizen Journalism, including this forum to find the missing and appreciate the opportunity to explain this matter and look forward to participating if I can advance your purpose.

I can't figure out who this guy is on Twitter, but he says it's a 98 red Honda:

http://twitter.com/#!/p37361/status/87568871057399808

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts