Would you let Casey have a much lighter sentence if she confessed?

MissDiva

Reaction score
This isn't a legal question as much as a personal one. If she offered to tell the whole story, the complete truth, admit to killing her child, and explain exactly what happened, and what was going through her head, in exchange for (example) 30 years, would you go for it?

Sometimes I wish she would just confess to the crime, confess being super messed up, be contrite for what happened...

If she did - which I don't think she ever will because I believe she's a sociopath - I could probably forgive her to some extent.

Others just want to know the absolute truth, I think. I fall into that category as well.

How do you feel about it? Or do you not care about knowing exactly what happened, and not care if Casey ever feels remorse, and just want her to get the maximum sentence?

Just curious.

no never she is a dangerous and diabolical person not fit to walk among us, no one could ever be safe in her company x a

Problem is, you wouldn't know if she was telling the truth.

Now??? If she confesses now??? No way!!! Stick a fork in her - she's done!!! She had her chance - many chances..... Besides, I wouldn't believe that the truth can pass those lips......

Although I did think while Jose was rambling on and on and on and on during closings that she might stand up and scream "OH SHUT THE F UP JOSE, I DID IT, PLEASE JUST SENTENCE ME, BUT SHUT UP"

I agree !00% with what Jose Baez said today - "we will never know what really happened in this case. It's never going to happen".

This isn't a legal question as much as a personal one. If she offered to tell the whole story, the complete truth, admit to killing her child, and explain exactly what happened, and what was going through her head, in exchange for (example) 30 years, would you go for it?

Sometimes I wish she would just confess to the crime, confess being super messed up, be contrite for what happened...

If she did - which I don't think she ever will because I believe she's a sociopath - I could probably forgive her to some extent.

Others just want to know the absolute truth, I think. I fall into that category as well.

How do you feel about it? Or do you not care about knowing exactly what happened, and not care if Casey ever feels remorse, and just want her to get the maximum sentence?

Just curious.
From a personal point of view - No.

IMO, KC is a dangerous sociopath and I don't want her to be free ever again.

No. There isn't one thing she could ever say that I would believe. I question if her name really is Casey Marie Anthony at this point.

"truth" doesn't even matter at this point. As sad as that sounds.

Caylee is dead and ICA is responsible IMO

Yes.

55 years ... one for each of the "Timer55" countdown days.
angry-smiley-001.gif

No early parole.

Would you let Casey have a much lighter sentence if she confessed?

A resounding NO!
It's way to late and was really way to late on the 15th or 16th of June 2008. She never should have laid her hands on Caylee much less hide for 31 days.

I am sure she would never admit to intentionally murdering her child. Her best best was to take the use immunity the state offered her before they found the body. Next best would have been to admit it was "an accident that snowballed out of control" and she freaked and staged a kidnapping. Those ships have long sailed, though.

What I'm saying is if you absolutely knew she was going to tell the truth, or if she actually confessed to everything the state has basically put forth, albeit maybe with some minor insignificant changes (as I believe only ICA knows EXACTLY what happened, minute by minute), would you be willing to forgive her?

I think it kills me to not know the truth. I think it kills me that there will never be redemption for ICA. That she'll never feel remorse or love for her child.

I think about how much my mom loves me, and it's almost unbearable to think about a mother not loving her child.

Just like it bothers me that we'll never really know what happened. Probably because of what happened to a member of my own family. I wish I could find my aunt's murderer and just ask WHY. WHY her, what were her last words, etc.? I could almost forgive if I just knew.

No, I wouldn't believe a word that came out of her mouth even if her tonque was notarized!

Nope....she is, and will always be, a lying a$$ liar that lies.

Sure, I could do that.

Me: "Casey, we will give you a lighter sentence if you will just confess. If you will just tell us what really happened and why."

Casey: "What sentence??"

Me: "Well, you are facing life or the death penalty right now... we could go down to 25 years. Still young enough to have a real future and it'd include time served."

Casey: "Hm... I could handle that...."

Me: "Okay, let's hear the story."

Casey Anthony tells the story....

Then Casey says "So I'll be out before I'm 50 huh?"

Me: "Oh.... oops, sorry... I LIED! Thanks for the story though!"

Sure, I could do that.

Me: "Casey, we will give you a lighter sentence if you will just confess. If you will just tell us what really happened and why."

Casey: "What sentence??"

Me: "Well, you are facing life or the death penalty right now... we could go down to 25 years. Still young enough to have a real future and it'd include time served."

Casey: "Hm... I could handle that...."

Me: "Okay, let's hear the story."

Casey Anthony tells the story....

Then Casey says "So I'll be out before I'm 50 huh?"

Me: "Oh.... oops, sorry... I LIED! Thanks for the story though!"

Ok, I will admit, that made me laugh.

No. There isn't one thing she could ever say that I would believe. I question if her name really is Casey Marie Anthony at this point.
After listening to JB this afternoon I'm not really sure what my own name is. Certainly couldn't listen to the whole thing.

I've worked in a maximum security penitentiary and I would rather die than spend a lifetime in one. She can't win this in any way IMO. If she does get acquitted they will lay other charges against her. Doesn't look to me as if she'll be able to behave herself any way. I'm glad we don't have the death penalty where I live.

I agree !00% with what Jose Baez said today - "we will never know what really happened in this case. It's never going to happen".

Most of my comments on WS has been about Darlie Routier. I want to know WHY she killed her two boys, stabbed them to death.

I would take the death penalty off the table with Darlie in a heartbeat to find out why she did it. Learning about people, their motive, their upbringing, their lifestyle HELPS others avoid these issues.

I worked at Washington Mutual. My boss, Kathryn Sneider, was murdered by her son Karl. He was a troubled person, but she admitted that she was very easy on him, with all the molly coddling. He stole from her, checks, credit cards, and she allowed it. He was mid 20s, and not working.

The night she died, I heard her talking to Karl. He was very upset on the phone, and she said they would get him help. She went to work he second job, and I hugged her as she left. I never saw her again.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,129980,00.html

We, as a society do not need to study the brain, as much as we need to know exactly why this happened. Was Casey Anthony and Scott Peterson the kids that never had to take responsibility, and decided that they can get away with what ever they wanted? Was Darlie overwhelmed like Andrea Yates, but wasn't mentally ill, just a rage?

I would offer lighter sentences to teach others. IMHO.

** Kathryn's dying wish was to get Karl help. I do not believe she would have wanted him in a state prison. Her family, and brother was very angry, but I heard now that they respected her wishes.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back