Has DT Prepared ICA for Upcoming Verdict?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leah0107

Reaction score
How do you think the DT has prepared ICA for the upcoming verdict? How do you think they might have handled this? Do you think she has any clue to what maybe coming her way?

It could go something like this "Casey we need to face the facts. We did the best we could with all of your lies, but you may have to spend all of your 'distorted' bella vita life in the 'magical' jail. But the bright side is that you'll be meeting lots of new 'imaginary' friends." And we want you to be assured that we'll do everything we can and immediately file a fictitious appeal."

(Can't make a joke about the DP). But seriously, I am really interested in peoples thoughts

I dont think she is prepared at all for any murder or manslaughter conviction...she thinks she is going free

I think she thinks she will go free. I don't think she will and I don't think her DT does either. They just don't want her getting the DP. I'm sure they've told her if she is convicted they will appeal and to stay calm and do and say nothing when verdict is read.

I ALSO am firmly convicted that she has TRULY convinced herself she's outsmarted everyone, and she'll be free as soon as the verdict is read.:crazy:

This alone, gives me even greater anticipatory glee and satisfaction as to her prospective reaction, when that heavy hammer of justice descends harshly, loudly and justly upon the Defense table.

God is good.
And JUSTICE WILL BE SERVED.
And we the People of my home State of Florida will show that WE WILL NOT TOLERATE THE HEARTLESSNESS of such a heinous crime.
Thank you to Linda and Jeff, for the untiring, relentless and exemplary work in representing the people of the State.

If they haven't prepared her, they better make a late night run to the jail :clap:

I expect to see more of a reaction from Cindy than from Casey if the verdict is guilty. Casey is enjoying her time in the spotlight. The reality of her future in prison won't hit her until the trial and attention is over and she becomes just another prisoner sitting alone in her cell day after day after day after day.

DT will consider it a victory if they avoid death penalty.

Not sure if they've directly said that to her, but I'd bet it has been implied.

I've read that CA and GA won't make a comment if it is DP but will make a short comment if it is anything else. I expect CA to have a book on the shelves in a month and be selling herself all over town.

I hope that they have prepared her. I don't know about JB but CM and DCS know better that to not prepare her.

On the other hand, I am not sure that she believes that she will be convicted. I think that she still thinks this is just another of her starring roles and that even if she is convicted some knight in shining armor is going to come save her.

The lawyers, at least CM, DCS, and AF, knew going into this that there was no way she was going to be found not guilty. And if they didn't know it when they signed on they figured it out once they spent some time with ICA.

I don't think that it will sink in until the verdict is read and maybe not even then. I think that she will have to go back to her cell and think about where she went wrong. She will then begin the long appeals process with new improved, bigger, better lies.

She will never learn.

So, if pigs fly and she gets found not guilty of enough to keep her still in jail, then what?

I mean, I don't imagine that could happen, but what if it did? She couldn't possibly go back to her parents' home, could she? Maybe stay with Lee? Does she still have friends after all this? Maybe her jailhouse pen pal will be out and let her sleep on the couch?

I think like everyone else she has come in close contact with, they have probably fallen prey to a certain amount of placating that she requires, like oxygen.

I'm certain they have told her that no matter what happens, it won't truly be over till the fat lady sings- which translates to appeals, appeals and more appeals as far as they can go or until the money runs dry. Whichever happens first.

One thing I do believe though, is if (no, scratch that- I mean *when*) she gets her guilty verdict, I think Baez will be off like a hot snot. There's no way I think he's going to stick around with the inmate for battle #2. She's too high maintenance. He's already got what he came for; namely some notoriety and the ability to carve a little side career out for himself as a TH... because let's not kid ourselves here- this law thing is not exactly working out for him, is it?

I was glued to the SA's rebuttal today. I literally felt the tingle of the hairs standing up on the back of my neck those last few minutes of LDB's speech, and then when she knocked it out of the stratosphere with the photo of the inmate dancing on a tabletop and the ugly tattoo. Both she & JA were magnificent. There's no other descriptive word I can use.

Baez will never want to tangle with either of them again.

I've read that CA and GA won't make a comment if it is DP but will make a short comment if it is anything else. I expect CA to have a book on the shelves in a month and be selling herself all over town.

CA isn't going to have many buyer of a book. Who wants to support someone that possibly lied to attempt to fraud justice? I buy crime books, and I would pass it on the shelf and probably make an unkind gesture.

We won't hear much from anyone if it is a major verdict...appeal issues will kick in...
As far as Casey goes...I can't imagine what goes through her mind and believe me, for some reason I lose sleep trying to figure it out.

I think she knows she will be convicted, but expects the conviction to be reversed on appeal. I suspect that is how JB has been prepping her for some time. She's convinced that she is the victim of deliberate framing by the State. Oh, I know it sounds wacky, but you could tell by watching her for the last six weeks in court -- she was arguing with her own phone calls and videos, for goodness sake! Huh?] I mean, that's you, ICA! Yep, you said those things!

Just goes to show the level of her self-delusion (a necessary skill for narcissists). So, I don't think she's deluded enough to believe they'll acquit her, but she has convinced herself that that's because she's being victimized by the mean old State. She'll get her revenge when the wrongs are righted.

:cow:

I think like everyone else she has come in close contact with, they have probably fallen prey to a certain amount of placating that she requires, like oxygen.

I'm certain they have told her that no matter what happens, it won't truly be over till the fat lady sings- which translates to appeals, appeals and more appeals as far as they can go or until the money runs dry. Whichever happens first.

One thing I do believe though, is if (no, scratch that- I mean *when*) she gets her guilty verdict, I think Baez will be off like a hot snot. There's no way I think he's going to stick around with the inmate for battle #2. She's too high maintenance. He's already got what he came for; namely some notoriety and the ability to carve a little side career out for himself as a TH... because let's not kid ourselves here- this law thing is not exactly working out for him, is it?

I was glued to the SA's rebuttal today. I literally felt the tingle of the hairs standing up on the back of my neck those last few minutes of LDB's speech, and then when she knocked it out of the stratosphere with the photo of the inmate dancing on a tabletop and the ugly tattoo. Both she & JA were magnificent. There's no other descriptive word I can use.

It wouldn't be expected that Baez would stick with her, she would have an appeal attorney for the appeal process. If she were granted a new trial, which is very unlikely, it will be years from now. I don't believe I've ever heard of a case that was retried with the same defense attorney who tried the case originally.

It would be interesting to hear from some lawyers, or people who have experience with this type of thing, what the "norm" is on how defense lawyers "handle" their clients and prepare them for the outcome of a verdict.

I agree with everyone else that has posted. I think ICA thinks she's gonna walk, and the DT has probably just been placating her in order to keep her quiet and behaving in court.

i read somewhere that the jail people consider her a very good detainee. i wonder if she will be just as good when she gets to prison?

i agree. I was on the edge of my seat listening to LDB

Really good points!

I believe that the request to have her examined for competency was because she was having some melt downs and acting out with her team. This all came after we had to declare a day off because she was ill a week before. Then, the morning that the trial have to be adjourned all of the lawyers were in her cell area with her.

There is no way that this woman is going to accept the verdict. No matter how much she is prepped. I believe the defense knew they were losing at that point and perhaps asked her to take a plea deal.

Casey will take her lies to the grave with her. There are many things we will never know. Only Casey knows what truly happened. I think the State told us as much as they possibly could. But I am confident in my mind, that they are on target that Casey killed Caylee Marie Anthony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer