IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score

How to Become a Verified Member

__________________________________________________ ___________
Who's Who in the Lauren Spierer Case, Updated 06-30-11 (by the Herald Times Online)
Photos and Maps
Media Links

Bloomington Police search for missing 20 year old woman

She is a white female, 4 feet 11 inches tall, slender build, has blue eyes and long blonde hair. She is listed as a student according to IU Bloomington's website.

Spierer was last seen walking south on College Avenue from 11th Street on her way back to her apartment in Smallwood Plaza, located on College Avenue.

She did not arrive to her apartment and video footage does not show her entering the apartment complex.
Spierer was wearing a white tank top with a loose, light colored button shirt over it and full length black stretch pants. She was not wearing shoes.

Re: the photo released Wednesday, 06-15-2011, of Lauren leaving Smallwood Apartments the evening of June 2, 2011. ttp://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81929

257055720-08091055.jpg

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-laure...,1261306.story
__________________________________________________ _________
Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread 31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34

A quick question...what is the most likely theory of why her keys and purse ended up where they did? According to the map of her route she never walked directly by that location.

Here’s a question:
How thorough are Law Enforcement when it comes to searching homes in a case like this? We know they’ve searched CR, JR, and JW’s homes at least, I would hope they would have also searched the homes of anyone Lauren knows at 10 North.

We know dogs have been brought in, would it also be routine to do things such as

1) Confiscate and examine computers?
2) Look through receipts, notebooks, suff like that?
3) Check for traces of blood/DNA in sinks, tubs, on the carpet, on clothing etc...?

Can they do this if they don’t already have clear evidence linking a person to a crime? What would a warrant allow them to do? I’m just curious what is routine.

A quick question...what is the most likely theory of why her keys and purse ended up where they did? According to the map of her route she never walked directly by that location.

The map is an approximation. She likely did walk by that location.

Here’s a question:
How thorough are Law Enforcement when it comes to searching homes in a case like this? We know they’ve searched CR, JR, and JW’s homes at least, I would hope they would have also searched the homes of anyone Lauren knows at 10 North.

We know dogs have been brought in, would it also be routine to do things such as

1) Confiscate and examine computers?
2) Look through receipts, notebooks, suff like that?
3) Check for traces of blood/DNA in sinks, tubs, on the carpet, on clothing etc...?

Can they do this if they don’t already have clear evidence linking a person to a crime? What would a warrant allow them to do? I’m just curious what is routine.

I don't think LE can do any of these things unless they get an warrant or the person agrees to let them do it. And I am not sure how many people would agree with confiscation of their computer voluntarily.

LE can probably get warrants for some places/things based on "probable cause", standard not being as high as needed to arrest someone. But at the most, probably places where Lauren was known to be that night, not just places where she knew people. Probably can get them for electronics of a number of people, JMO.

Do you guys know when we will get aheads down/up on the body?

Considering the Spierers were passing flyers for people to help find Lauren, I don't think it's her. But I'd still like a confirmation.

Do you guys know when we will get aheads down/up on the body?

Considering the Spierers were passing flyers for people to help find Lauren, I don't think it's her. But I'd still like a confirmation.

I want to know who that is regardless. Hopefully some other case can get solved if its not LS.

I want to know who that is regardless. Hopefully some other case can get solved if its not LS.

I kind of hope she turns out to be one of the cases here on WS...and think it could be, due to the decomposition, it is not someone who just went missing this past week, for example. For some reason, I was thinking Roxanne Shah, but now, not so much, due to location. Maybe the grandmother who went missing June 13th?

PS- Obviously I don't mean I hope anyone we've dicussed here is deceased...just hoping one case can be resolved...

They started at 9:30 EST this morning, so it's only been an hour. Hopefully some answers will come soon.

Um, that article needs some serious fact-checking.

"The body was found in the water near the 6500 block of East Fall Creek Parkway, just three miles from Spierer's school."

?? That location is at least an hour away from Bloomington.

If not Lauren...where is she?? Will she be found?
In most cases I have followed it seems to be right away or a very long time...
Morgan was one exception, found in about 3.5 months, which is relatively "quick."

But so many others, not at all...I always hear Mark Klaas saying, as he did on Nancy Grace one night, when talking about Hasanni Campbell..."it is such a huge world and his body is so tiny..."

I just looked up the location. omg, that location is right next to the country club my friend is getting married at next summer (I'm a bridesmaid). :eek:

I kind of hope she turns out to be one of the cases here on WS...and think it could be, due to the decomposition, it is not someone who just went missing this past week, for example. For some reason, I was thinking Roxanne Shah, but now, not so much, due to location. Maybe the grandmother who went missing June 13th?

PS- Obviously I don't mean I hope anyone we've dicussed here is deceased...just hoping one case can be resolved...

You are more optimistic than I. I believe the older cases would be in far more advanced decay. It is most likely Dorothy Heard.

Onward, let us find them all and bring them home. maybe we should launch a FINDthemall day.

They started at 9:30 EST this morning, so it's only been an hour. Hopefully some answers will come soon.

Autopsy + identification (easy if LS, Nobelsville woman, maybe hard otherwise) + notifying family (if possible) + briefing LE + press announcement or press conference (maybe)....

I dunno... my guess would be hearing something (maybe announcing a presser) between 2 and 3??

Fall creek runs through some urban and high-crime areas. It is in the realm of possibility this could be someone local or passing through the area who has either not been reported missing or hasn’t received any public attention.

But all lives are created equal by the Lord, so let’s hope that comfort is given and justice is served regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni