The Justice System Has Failed

Boodles

Reaction score
I don't know if this violates TOS or not, nor do I even care right now.

The justice system has completely failed. Search for the truth? Standard of proof? Admisable v. inadmissible? Yeah, right.

I won't comment on the jury pool IQ.

This outcome is wrong, just wrong. I don't want to hear one more talking head utter "we have the best system in the world." BS. When a mother kills her very own innocent child and dumps her in a swamp to let her rot while animals gnaw at her remains and the mother is not convicted of the crime, something is fundamentally wrong.

I want Casey to babysit Spitz's great great grandchildren for 6 months.

I completely agree. I am totally horrified.

I will say I think the jury system is VERY much so flawed. Small sample size of the population and not much "variation" in educational status of the jurors creates an inherent bias and outcomes/verdicts that may seem shocking or unexpected.

The one question I have right now underneath all of this pure agony over this verdict is:

Could Judge Perry have found her guilty of ANY of these charges that the jury found her not guilty of?

I know he can over turn a death sentence, but can he overturn a verdict?

I am to devastated right now to comment on what I think of the justice system. I am just weary and tired and disappointed. I really do not have any words for todays outcome

The one question I have right now underneath all of this pure agony over this verdict is:

Could Judge Perry have found her guilty of ANY of these charges that the jury found her not guilty of?

Yes! He could have ruled over their verdict and found her guilty. Apparently he didn't listen much during the trial either.

Yes! He could have ruled over their verdict and found her guilty. Apparently he didn't listen much during the trial either.

No. Judges can only throw aside a jury's guilty verdict (Sixth Amendment and all that).

The system did fail miserably today. I'm not buying into the shows saying that it didn't. Shocking, completely just shaking my head all day in disbelief.
Who else benefited from Caylee's death????? May Casey live the most miserable life possible.

It is a dark dark day for justice. I dont believe the state proved 1st degree murder but I do believe she should have been found guilty of manslaughter moo. I hope Cindy will have trouble sleeping after tonight, worrying that Casey will get rid of her next.

Boodles,

I understand your utter disappointment and feelings of frustration regarding the verdict.
I share in it.

If you would allow me, I'd like to add one more important word to your heartfelt statement and hope you won't mind:

The Justice System has failed Caylee.

I find a little bit of solace in believing the universe will somehow make this right one day.

Hugs and condolences to everyone here who is feeling badly about today's events.

JMO but I really blame the OCSO for this blunder in our judicial system. I really feel that if they followed up correctly on RK's first call to 911, there would have been so much more evidence needed to get the proper conviction in this case...I am so angry with the department! A SNAKE came between justice and this acquittal!

I have to believe firmly in Karma being a ***** or a queen as the occasion warrants , or I will lay my head down and give up. And I cannot, I have two toddlers. So, Karma it is.
*&^(%^%^$&*%^*&(^)(&**(*%^#&^*&

I am in utter shock today. I feel like this is a death of somehow. I don't want to eat and felt like crying all day. Yes, the justice system has failed.

I feel as the the jury listened to JB's opening statement, and then never listened to another word until the pets. How could they not believe Caylee was in the back of the car? ( ok, to many "what about this" to mention)

NO!! He cannot do that. The only way he could overturn anything is going the other way around....in favour of the defendant.

JMO but I really blame the OCSO for this blunder in our judicial system. I really feel that if they followed up correctly on RK's first call to 911, there would have been so much more evidence needed to get the proper conviction in this case...I am so angry with the department! A SNAKE came between justice and this acquittal!
You are right. The deputy who didn't take it seriously really set them at a disadvantage.

I totally agree with you!! If ONLY they would have paid more attention! I also heard the Equusearch guy on one of the shows like NG or JVM the other day say that the sheriff's office was called time and again and they ignored calls! So it wasn't only Roy Kronk who was being ignored by them! The are totally incompetent!!! They ALL should be replaced!

The justice system did not fail. The evidence wasn't convincing to the jury. If you want freedom this is a possible consequence.

The justice system did not fail. The evidence wasn't convincing to the jury. If you want freedom this is a possible consequence.

Then, Caylee paid a VERY steep price for OUR freedom. :sick::sick::sick:

Though we all know she is guilty as heck, our criminal justice system is based on PROVING you're guilty as heck. This is a good thing for us - bad that occasionally one of these murdering psycho's gets off the hook. The system did not fail, the oneness of this case, the burden of proof, lay with the prosecution and they left too many holes for the defense to walk through and create reasonable doubt. The system did exactly what is was supposed to do -- release the defendant if the state can't prove its case.
I hate it too. I was hoping for a different verdict :(

The more hours that go by, the more anger I feel. Ten hours and 40 minutes. REALLY? SERIOUSLY? The equivalent of one work day plus 2 hours to decipher 6 weeks of information about a child's death? I can't say here how I feel about that group of 12.

We need new standards. Something more definitive for "reasonable doubt". And juror selection standards should be refined. I cannot fathom how these jurors heard the same testimony I did and didn't look at one single piece of evidence or have 1 question about the charges, or ask for any piece of testimony to review. Stupid.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back