Do you think KC's youth, attractiveness and/or gender played a part in the verdict?

deedeeknowit

Reaction score
If so, in what way? I'd be interested in hearing the opinions of fellow sleuthers.

As for me, I feel it did. She wore those ruffled shirts and adjusted her chair to appear smaller, batted her eyes at all the men in her vicinity and constantly received over-the-top gestures of sympathy and comfort by her own DT. Especially when the jury was within eyeshot.

It certainly seemed to work in her favor, like it pretty much has done her whole life.
Scott Peterson must be jealous.

That's my opinion and I'd be interested in any of yours.

No, it was the loving portrayals by her acquaintances and the darling photos of her and Caylee together.

Casey took her hair down for the verdict reading because if she got convicted she wanted to go out looking much cuter than she would have with all that hair in a prim bun.

I do not find her attractive at all. Her attitude sucked in court. She was ugly and cold.

Most definitely. I have seen too many men that have doubted her guilt based on her size and looks. I mean come on...look how JB fell for it from the beginning.

if she was male, black, or a black male.....the verdict would have been totally different.

I think the fact that she was, and is, a young, white woman who looks like a normal person played in her favor. People don't want to believe that parents kill their children like this. I think the jury just didn't want to believe it.

Of course! Humans are visual. Even straight women. If Casey was fat and ugly she would have been found guilty. If casey was a man, guilty. Pretty, young, and suburban=good mother. If your poor, ugly, a minority or a man then guilty. This has been proven in studies. The alternates thought she was a good mom.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back