Our Bella Vita- Our promise to Caylee Marie

JSR

Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the ri
Reaction score
Dear fellow WS'ers,

I've bawled most of today as I'm sure that most of you have as well. It's clear that Caylee will never get the justice she deserves (at least not in this life I'm certain she will when Casey starts her next life).

After I left work today I went and purchased 4 purple balloons for release. I wrote Caylee's name and that I would always remember my promise to her. Once I got home I released the balloons into the bright blue California sky.

I know the verdict and sadness that Caylee was failed even in death has shaken us all but we can try to make this miscarriage of justice into a positive.

I have never had a problem serving on a jury (I"ve never been selected due to working in the legal field myself) but I know many of you have heard others complain about jury duty, if you haven't complained about it yourself. What we can do is that each time we are called to jury duty, remember Caylee Marie. Each time we hear a family member or friend complain about jury duty, remind them of Caylee Marie. The justice system is only as good as those who swear to uphold it as jurors. Maybe it wasn't the justice system that failed today maybe we failed it. Many of us watched the jury selection and we all saw how many people tried desperately to get out of serving on this case. If just one of us had sat on the jury we know the outcome would have been different. Maybe if one of those potential jurors who tried to get out of sitting on the case had served maybe we would have had a different outcome. We will never know. I think it's important to realize that just one person can make a difference if they serve on a jury and we should all be eager and willing to serve our civic duty.

My personal promise to Caylee as I released those balloons was the above thought and one more additional promise. Caylee Marie was taken from this life far too soon. She was only allowed to live a mere 2 1/2 years. I think it's so important to take this utter travesty and turn it into a positive. So my promise is that I acknowledge that I have been given the gift of life. I have more time to live that Caylee Marie was denied. And I'm going to do something, anything really, positive. I'm going to try and do something positive that Caylee Marie might have done had she had the opportunity to live longer. My Bella Vita pledge to Caylee Marie is to do something positive and "beautiful" in her memory. To let her know that her life meant something, no matter how little she was on this Earth. I'm not sure what that something is but I will do it.

I encourage each of you to also follow with your own Bella Vita pledge to her.

Tonight I've struggled to understand why God would allow this to happen. I've struggled to understand the universe and how what happened today makes any sense at all. I've had to come to the realization that sometimes life isn't always fair and that God does have a plan and everything does happen for a reason, even if I don't understand it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back