For those who believe in the Divine

rose222

Reaction score
please help me understand how God could let this happen? I am so utterly depressed and disappointed. I can't even begin to make the effort to go pray or meditate or anything. My head is reeling and my world has fallen apart.

Finding 12 jurors (and some alternates) who believe KC's innocence is statistically improbable. If they had taken a week or so, if they had found her guilty of atleast manslaughter, if she got off on a technicality then ok but this is just almost impossible.

I wanna say this is a miracle (as in an event that occurs against all odds but unfortunately it is a very terrible event)How could God let the impossible happen? Does this mean that he has forgiven her? That she has been given a second chance at life??? Strange thoughts occur to me: has sociopathic Casey repented and God forgiven her??? I can't believe how this happened or why it did. Not a blade of grass moves without the Will of the Divine. Is this really God's will that she be FREE? That she be free, be rich, be famous?

Thoughts?

All I can say is, God works in mysterious ways.

Also ....
"Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather restrain your wrath; for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will execute justice for you, said the Lord."

There are a lot of things that happen in this world that leaves me asking those same questions. I wish I had an answer, but I don't.

I love God and am a Christian but I have no idea how or why God allows what he does. I see alot of injustice in the world. Alot of nasty people seem to flourish in life and alot of good, honest, godly people suffer. I don't understand it. I do know that for some reason it must have been in His will to let her off. Casey will get hers in the end. Vegeance is mine sayeth the Lord.

I certaintly can't speak for Him ;) but I do believe there is a reason for everything, even if we don't understand what they are in the moment. I truly believe that the short time Caylee was here on this earth her tiny spirit touched so many.. and the awareness and awakening of the hearts, minds and spirits of all of us are on a new level. Perhaps more communities will come together, more neighbors will reach out, less people will turn a blind eye when things don't seem quite right and things will change for the better. There is law here and by jury there just wasn't enough evidence to prove guilt. But for those of us that believe in the Divine..there is a higher court, and we all must face that too one day.. for now our actions should be to honor Caylee's memory and not 'react' based on thoughts that reflect her killer's.

Blessed Be.

Maybe it's a sign of the end of times coming. 2012 is right around the corner. Shrug.

Casey is going to learn something from all of this. She will never be free in the true sense of the word. She will always know what she did. She will always need to watch her back as just like in prison. Some revengeful person may take it upon themselves to dole out justice to her. She may earn some money from media appearances but she owes a large sum to the Fed govt for back taxes on the photo money. The media will quit wanting Casey eventually. She'll be shunned by much of society and be forever condemned as long as she lives. God gave men free will. The jury did this, not God but God will have the last word.

IMHO God didn't let this happen. It's the evil on earth that let this happen. We will all be judged at one time or another (for those who believe in such). We are all responsible for our own actions, as is Casey Marie Anthony.

Psalm 89, 11 The heavens are Yours, the earth also is Yours; The world and all its fullness, You have founded them.

What we choose to do on this earth is by our choice, and our choice alone. I do not believe that God intervenes.

Note: I don't want to get into a religious debate - this is just my belief. Others may differ.

I almost have to agree with NG - the devil is dancing tonight!

MOO - please and thanks.

Mel

IMO, God has nothing to do with this. God will deal with this in the future. Basing this on my religious beliefs. God will have the final judgement of all of us. Casey included.

It seems like good things happen to bad people and bad things happen to good people. Its the broken world we live in. It wasnt suppose to be that way. One day it will return to how God wanted it to be. Those that do bad and dont repent may have a good life here on earth, but it will cost them eternity. I have to believe that God has a plan. We cant see the whole picture, and it is frustrating. But I trust Him.

Psalm 94:3
LORD, how long shall the wicked, how long shall the wicked triumph?

Psalm 94:23
And He shall bring upon them their own iniquity, and shall cut them off in their own wickedness; [yea], the LORD our God shall cut them off.

Also read Psalms 73 & 37

Re Casey, if she (as with any of us) truly repents, the Bible says she will be forgiven. I don't believe that is for us to know, that is between her and her Maker (that is where we are not to judge comes in, IMO.)

And if she prospers, that isn't necessarily an indication of blessing. The wicked do prosper, at least for a season (see verses above.)

hun god didnt let her get away with this .. if you think about it .. when she dies she will most likely go to hell .. because if she ever asks him for forgiveness she wont mean it from the depths of her soul.. and when u ask god for forgivness and take him into your heart you should never have any doubts about your faith for him .. life isnt going to be great for her ..you will see

How many children were murdered while we sat in disbelief at this verdict rendered by humans, not God? More than we can fathom. How many innocents have been killed in Iraq over the past decade? How many nameless and faceless sweet 2 year old girls, have been blown to dust?
This verdict has nothing to do with God. We have free will to make bad decisions here on earth and a bad decision was made. ICA was represented by people willing to throw honesty and ethics out the window for political gain. Supposedly the State was willing to play the same game and Caylee lost.
I don't know how you overcome the type of evil that would allow a murderer to profit and walk freely among us or would allow her to breed and kill again. If I did I probably wouldn't need to come to WS to figure it all out.

This thread is directed at Christians but there are other notions of divinity, some that don't believe in a supreme being.

There is a story about the composer John Cage, who was a Zen Buddhist, that I find comforting. A friend asked him if there was too much suffering in the world. Cage replied, "No, I think there's just the right amount."

Now that doesn't mean that we shouldn't work for justice, or to improve political systems. Ideas of justice have gone through a long evolution in this country towards providing it for all citizens, thanks to the work of people who have been motivated by injustices. And the system is obviously far from perfect.

But this thread seems to me to be about how we deal with it internally, within ourselves. I have gone through great suffering in my life and I've had to learn how to accept it. Suffering is. The world is. Understanding is far beyond our comprehension, yet there within our grasp.

The fat lady hasn't sung on this one, people. GOD IS IN CONTROL.

God is in control. He made the heavens and the earth.
His ways are not our ways and our ways are not His.
God did not cause this, he allowed it. God works everything out for the good, He did not necessarily say we would like it and we may not understand.
As far as KC getting into heaven. This could happen. She would need to seriously repent and believe that Jesus died for her sins and ask that He come into her life. Kc would have to seriously want this. She has free will to choose or not to choose.
Remember the Apostle Paul? He was Saul before he was Paul, a persecutor and killer of Christians. Well, God got a hold of Saul and knocked him off his horse. Saul repented and the rest is history. Saul renamed Paul and excepted Christ. He became one of His Apostles. The Apostle Paul went on to carry out the gospel ..

Casey is going to learn something from all of this. She will never be free in the true sense of the word. She will always know what she did. She will always need to watch her back as just like in prison. Some revengeful person may take it upon themselves to dole out justice to her. She may earn some money from media appearances but she owes a large sum to the Fed govt for back taxes on the photo money. The media will quit wanting Casey eventually. She'll be shunned by much of society and be forever condemned as long as she lives. God gave men free will. The jury did this, not God but God will have the last word.

I think that God's heart is grieved at this miscarriage of justice. He is the one who instituted law, justice, truth, and mercy. But those things go out the window in a hedonistic, relativistic society--the very society that created a Casey Anthony. I'm a grandma who has noticed the utter disintegration of our culture in the past sixty years. When kids control the reins and are given carte blanche, some will morph into monsters. They will be aided and abetted by other equally relativistic people who operate as "lawyers" and jurors.

I think that JA and LDB are God's "spokespersons" on earth in a case like this. Ultimately their voices were rejected. This verse comes to mind while pondering this stunner of a verdict:

2 Timothy 3:1-5 .....'This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.'

I think that God's heart is grieved at this miscarriage of justice. He is the one who instituted law, justice, truth, and mercy. But those things go out the window in a hedonistic, relativistic society--the very society that created a Casey Anthony. I'm a grandma who has noticed the utter disintegration of our culture in the past sixty years. When kids control the reins and are given carte blanche, some will morph into monsters. They will be aided and abetted by other equally relativistic people who operate as "lawyers" and jurors.

I think that JA and LDB are God's "spokespersons" on earth in a case like this. Ultimately their voices were rejected. This verse comes to mind while pondering this stunner of a verdict:

2 Timothy 3:1-5 .....'This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.'

And this is our world today and the reason I chose the quote I use as my signature.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back