Post-Verdict Therapy

GiantPickle

Reaction score
Anyone else feel like they need therapy now? I've tried to come to terms with the verdict and separate myself from the story today but I keep coming back to it. I clearly got too enmeshed in the story - that's no question.

Taking baby steps and know I have to get out of the house at the very least but of course its 100 degrees here today.

Anyway, was wondering if anyone else if feeling like me this morning - JA helped with his snippet on the Today show. Heard he is on the View later....plan on watching that and then banning myself.

:coffeews:

I think I need a hug. Anyone else?

I think I need a hug. Anyone else?

(((hugs))) I have felt sick to my stomach ever since the verdict came down. When I woke up this morning my first thought was that KC was acquitted.

gratitude
laughter therapy
good sleep
good food
exercise
prayer/meditation

I eventually plan on talking to my therapist--I wept like a baby yesterday-every song i heard made me cry. I hugged my son and broke down crying...I am a grown man and this outcome devastated me. My wife was worried and feels I got too emotionally attached to the story. I definitely am in need of a group hug and hope that perhaps someday ICA and the family will face the ultimate judgment.

I almost started a thread similar to yours...wanting to offer and get ideas for how to feel positive and move forward. For myself, 1. I really AM swearing off all future trials (this was only the 2nd one I ever watched, I very much regret the time I invested in it). 2. I will write the Prosecutors and thank them 3. I will clean the house top to bottom (it has been very neglected). 4. I will read some of my eastern philosophy books. In the past when I've felt hurt, reading books about Buddhism has always soothed me. 5. I will head out the door and walk as fast as I can for no less than 15 minutes. 6. I will return to my joy in life, painting. Thanks all at websleuths. Life is very often not fair.

What makes it so bad is we are being hit with a double whammy...not guilty and the withdrawals from the whole case. It would have been bad enough with just the case being over and everyone moving on...getting on with other things, but not only do we have to deal with that, we have to add the fact that there was a not guilty verdict.

I feel the same way. Will watch Jeff Ashton on The View but then that's IT. I feel so sick to my stomach that I just have to wall myself off from it for now.

I am married to a liar. He lies and denys and NEVER ADMITS THE TRUTH. In a way I felt that seeing Casey go to jail would be a small victory for those who deal with liars every day. But it wasn't. It just goes to show you that liars will prevail. They live amongst us and prosper every day, just as Casey will.

I'm too wiped out to take my daily long walk. Just can't do it today. I feel like someone whacked me in the side of the head with a two by four.

Hugs to all who are devestated by the verdict. I was stunned and my mother is as well. I keep thinking about what happens next for everyone more intimately involved in the case. I was also thinking about the OJ trial where the DNA evidence was so clear but it couldn't move the jury. But then I think about the trial that first brought me to WS- Lacey and we all saw justice prevail there. Being a member of WS allows us to see justice served and in some cases in our opinion, justice not served. At tne end of the day, we have seen many people convicted for crimes that we thought would never come to our desired outcome. Hang in there everyone. There will be karmic justice.

I was shocked by the verdict yesterday. And then I couldn't get on WS but just a handful of times to read just a few pages. Talk about feeling alone and frustrated!

I am so disappointed that none of the 12 wanted to ask any questions, or review evidence, or could see through the lies. What does that say about our society?

MY youngest daughter gave me some words of wisdom yesterday and for a brief moment I felt some peace concerning everything that transpired yesterday... Unfortunately today I can't recall too much of what she said to me... It had something to do with this being a lesson for all of us to realize wanting justice for Caylee and severe puinshment for Casey will never bring Caylee back...Something about microcosm and macrocosm...I can't remember, but it helped for a moment....JMHO..

I, too feel devastated and sick to my stomach..I didn't sleep well at all last night...JMHO

Just wanted to add, I was/am feeling down and depressed about the verdict and how the jury could ignore all the evidence and also common sense. I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about things. I can't wrap my mind around how these jurors seemingly didn't watch the same trial the rest of us did. I can't make sense of it.

I almost started a thread similar to yours...wanting to offer and get ideas for how to feel positive and move forward. For myself, 1. I really AM swearing off all future trials (this was only the 2nd one I ever watched, I very much regret the time I invested in it). 2. I will write the Prosecutors and thank them 3. I will clean the house top to bottom (it has been very neglected). 4. I will read some of my eastern philosophy books. In the past when I've felt hurt, reading books about Buddhism has always soothed me. 5. I will head out the door and walk as fast as I can for no less than 15 minutes. 6. I will return to my joy in life, painting. Thanks all at websleuths. Life is very often not fair.
I almost could have written this myself. But I didn't have my thoughts as organized as you do. Thank you for the ideas.

I woke up in the middle of the night and the words "not guilty" were ringing through my head. Needless to say I did not sleep anymore. I have lost alot of sleep over little Caylee, while her mother (I use that term sarcasticly) has only lost sleep for herself. I only hope that her life outside prison is even worse than it would be in prison. I hope she is shunned and has not a moment of peace. We will not forget Caylee. Her family will never see her again, that's not where they are going.

Anyone else feel like they need therapy now? I've tried to come to terms with the verdict and separate myself from the story today but I keep coming back to it. I clearly got too enmeshed in the story - that's no question.

Taking baby steps and know I have to get out of the house at the very least but of course its 100 degrees here today.

Anyway, was wondering if anyone else if feeling like me this morning - JA helped with his snippet on the Today show. Heard he is on the View later....plan on watching that and then banning myself.

:coffeews:

I started my therapy yesterday with this guy below in the picture. I am going ATVing again today with him. He's glad to have his ATV buddy back. :)

Picture049.jpg

You know, as painful and frustrating as it is to think of Casey being free, having a lucrative life, having another baby (which I heard on the Today show is one her first plans when she gets out), Caylee is ok. If you don't believe in any sort of afterlife, well then she is just gone, and has been for three years. No more pain. She doesn't know this even happened. And if you do believe in an afterlife, she is still out of pain. This verdict doesn't hurt her. She is so beyond it. She is in another world. A beautiful happy peaceful one where this horrible earthly travesty of justice does not effect her in any way.

Casey thinks she has it made. She will be 'free', she'll make money, she'll have men all over her. She thinks she will have the beautiful life now. But I don't think so. Maybe for a while, but Karma is strong. I've dealt with Karma. Nobody escapes it. It may be many years, but it will find her.

I'm still hurting and grieving over this, but Caylee isn't, no matter where she is or what form she is in. She's happy, she's at peace. She is beyond it all. Rest in Peace, little sweetheart. *advertiser censored*

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back