"She's Going Places" ~ Rascal Flatts Tribute

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLudQC0MBJU&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - ‪"She's Going Places," A Tribute Song For Caylee Anthony‬‏[/ame]

Not sure if I got this to post directly or not ~ If not, can someone do this please??

I have finally cried.

http://tasteofcountry.com/rascal-flatts-gary-levox-caylee-anthony-song/

Rascal Flatts’ Gary LeVox Co-Writes Song in Tribute to Caylee Anthony
By: Amy Sciarretto | 4 hours ago
Rick Diamond, Getty Images

In light of the controversial acquittal of Casey Anthony, who was accused of killing her adorable 2-year-old daughter Caylee, Rascal Flatts‘ lead singer, Gary LeVox, co-penned a tribute song called ‘She’s Going Places’ to the little girl.

Country parody singer Cledus T Judd got serious, along with Jimmy Yeary, to co-write this piano-driven ballad. A Nashville demo singer also contributes vocals to the song. Country station KICKS 105 alerted us to the song, which the artists hope will spread virally.

Judd was reported as saying, “The greatest way to heal is to help, and that’s what we want to do with this song.” Both Judd and LeVox have daughters, which no doubt fueled their desire to write such a heartfelt and touching song. Sometimes pop culture watchers get so caught up in the drama surrounding the mother that they place less emphasis on that beautiful baby girl with the big brown eyes, so this song squares the focus to Caylee, and Caylee alone.

The song ponders all the things Caylee should be doing but will never get the chance to do. It opens with the lyric: “Just a baby barely two-years-old / A story that shouldn’t have to be told / See that little girl with big brown eyes / Stole our hearts and touched our lives,” and then addresses her hopes and dreams with: “She wanted to learn to play guitar / Be a ballerina or movie star / She could have gone so far.”

It’s such a tragic story, since she was taken from the earth at such a young age. The song goes on to think about Caylee riding her biking, laughing and playing with her dolls and games, just like all little girls should be allowed to do.-QUOTE FROM TASTE OF COUNTRY

This song is beautiful!

This song just sent major chills throughout my entire body and think all of us should listen to it. It made me feel better after the horrid last few days that I have experienced.

It got to me also Yellow Rose.

I have finally cried tonight after hearing this song.
I've been angry, and confused and feelings of I just don't know what since the verdict came in.

I can't turn away from the TV, and as much as I disagree with Nancy Grace, and Jane Velez-Mitchell with their screeching, I can't turn the channels.

I've have followed from day one/31, as most everyone else on here has, and the last few months have consumed me. Nothing has been done in my home, or my gardens that have been my salvation for many years.

Maybe this song is the start of my healing.
Maybe this song will be the start of healing for everyone here and everyone "out there" that is angry and upset and hurting for Caylee.

Just let there be Peace.

Man, so touching. I've only been able to watch it once. Now I'm a mess. Glad to see the focus brought back to Caylee.

I just saw this and was coming to ask to post about it!

It's wonderful!:heartbeat::heartluv:

All I can say is, "Thank You, Rascal Flats".

Beautiful. Deserved. Thank You.

And I hope that ICA can't make money off of it, too.... MOO

That was beautiful.... well done and yes I cried. I've known that Caylee is heaven,after hearing this I'm glad I can actually visualize the great time she is having!
Thank you.

What a wonderful tribute to sweet baby girl, Caylee! Thank you to Rascall Flats...:heartbeat::tyou::heartbeat:

That was beautiful.... well done and yes I cried. I've known that Caylee is heaven,after hearing this I'm glad I can actually visualize the great time she is having!
Thank you.

I cried too but it was a good long cleansing cry. I'm smiling for little Caylee now, playing her games and riding a bike under the watchful eyes of Jesus.

I have always loved Rascal Flatts.

They put out a beautiful song, I thank them for doing it.

What a sweet sentiment. Thank you, Gentlemen. :blowkiss:

Beautiful. Just what I needed to hear. Oh man....in tears.

I agree - very touching tribute to Caylee Marie

thank you for sharing this.

I have goose bumps. I loved every word of this song, each verse more moving than the last. I especially like the line about her being a ballerina.

When I think of Caylee in her little tutu spinning round and round and bouncing off the side of the couch as she did in that short home video we have all seen, her giggle is contagious. She seems carefree, happy and joyful as she should be.

Beautiful song for a beautiful girl.

purple iris:
Not sure if I got this to post directly or not ~ If not, can someone do this please??
I have finally cried.

thank you so much for posting this... I think I can finally sleep tonight

it still hurts but I can breathe.... this was just what I needed to break the dam

thank you

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back