If This Had Been a Non-Jury Trial ....

Would Judge Perry have convicted ICA in non-jury trial ?

• No, she would acquitted of all charges

Votes: 6 1.1%
  • Yes, she would have received the death penalty

Votes: 75 13.5%
  • Yes, she would have received LWOP

Votes: 274 49.4%
  • Yes, she would have received 30+ years

Votes: 121 21.8%
  • Yes, she would received 5-30 years

Votes: 64 11.5%
  • Yes, she would received the same sentence as with the jury trial

Votes: 15 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sustained

Justice for Stacy
Reaction score
I'm soliciting opinions as to whether Judge Perry would have convicted ICA had this been a non-jury trial and what her sentence would have been.

I believe HHJP would have given her at least 30 years or LWOP, but he would not have given her the DP.

I think Judge Perry would have given her at least 30 years.

I think Judge Perry would have given her life without parole.

I'm thinking he would have found her guilty and gave her 30 years or so. Then again, with the way the carp has gone in this trial, I'm not sure of anything in this universe any more.

With the evidence presented in the actual trial, 5-30 years. Depends on how much connecting the dots he was willing to do, or if he is a staunch observer of the burden of proof threshold. But definitely not DP or LWOP, with the evidence presented by the SAO.

IMO- JP would have convicted her on exactly what the jury conviced her on - lying.

I think LWOP, just because it was a child, and it was horrible what she did, and all the lies. If she would have taken a deal at the very beginning, I think she would have been out of prison about now. I know the man who killed my BIL, receved 7yrs, out in 4rys. Once he was out, he ran over (lots of times) his bestfriend in a field,, and killed him. He his of course back in prison, but it's still not LWOP. Our Justice system is more than blind, and needs a drastic overhaul.
MOO

At least 30 . You could tell when he was handing down the other gulity charge the other day he knew she got away with Murder but there was nothing he could do.

I think he would have given her the DP.

He prosecuted a woman for killing her husbands. He went for the DP and got it then watched her execution via the electric chair.

IMO

I'm thinking somewhere between 30 years and LWOP. I don't think for a second he'd have given her the DP.

I don't think Death, and I never really thought she should get Death, but he at least would have convicted her of agg. manslaughter and agg. child abuse. plus the lying, of course.

My boyfriend told me a 'saying' he heard to stack the odds in a trial:

If you are guilty, use a 12-juror panel. If you are innocent, use a judge.

Meaning, Judges are trained to think critically, correctly process all the evidence and most likely render a fair and correct verdict if you are truly innocent (or truly guilty!)

JMO, no question, LWOP HHJBP had her number from day one several years back

I try not even to think about it ..because it makes my blood boil!!! BTW check out my avatar..fav pic ever!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie