Company offers "Space Memorial Services" to blast ashes to space

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - People interested in an out-of-this-world post-death experience can "boldly go where no man has gone before" with a space memorial service that blasts their ashes into space.

For $995, Space ServicesInc., will place a gram of a person's ashes in an aluminum capsule _ about the size of four dimes stacked together _ attach it to a rocket and send it into space. For $4,300 more, seven grams of ashes are transported in a lipstick-size container.

"Star Trek" creator Gene Roddenberry, who orbited Earth for six years after his death in 1991, is the most famous client of Space Services. Part of the mission of "Star Trek: The Original Series" was "to boldly go where no man has gone before."

"It's very compelling for people ... and we've helped open a new frontier," said Charlie Chafer, chief executive of the Houston-based firm.

Space Services was among some 440 companies offering their services in Nashville on Tuesday at the annual National Funeral Directors Association Convention, which included booths hawking everything from caskets and hearses to burial gowns and "comfort music" that promotes "growing through grief."

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNews/2004/10/20/677947-ap.html

hi cass! just my luck, on my vacation visit to mars in 20 years, the spaceship i'm traveling in will collide with my ex-wife's funeral capsule and blow us both to kingdom come! :rolleyes:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BossJoss
Back