Witness tampering alleged

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBean

Retired WS Administrator
Reaction score
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/national_world&id=8246376

Do we think these are the same allegations made earlier in the year or late last year regarding Lyons and the searchers? or new ones?

ORLANDO, FL -- A Florida sheriff announced Tuesday that authorities were looking into witness tampering allegations during Casey Anthony's murder trial, even as he held a wide-ranging news conference with his top investigators in what he said was an effort to bring closure to a case that polarized the country.

Additional information on this witness tampering can be found here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117002"]Witness Laura Buchanan Backs Out - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Salem

Do we think these are the same allegations made earlier in the year or late last year regarding Lyons and the searchers? or new ones?

ORLANDO, FL -- A Florida sheriff announced Tuesday that authorities were looking into witness tampering allegations during Casey Anthony's murder trial, even as he held a wide-ranging news conference with his top investigators in what he said was an effort to bring closure to a case that polarized the country.

Thanks, JBean. I was wondering about this after seeing a brief tweet about it during yesterday's conference with investigators. If this can be proven to be a "new" allegation and upon further investigation, proven, could Casey be tried again?

I know I'm probably beating a dead horse with that one, but I try to cling to any life raft that floats past me.

It says during the trial so I pray they are on to something.

It still would not vacate the verdict...only if it could be proven that Casey herself paid or bribed a witness somehow. Even if JB did, for example, that could not be blamed on Casey, unless it could be proven he did so at her request or direction...(from legal thread). Casey won't be retried...

Has it been confirmed that Buchanan is the subject of the investigation?

It still would not vacate the verdict...only if it could be proven that Casey herself paid or bribed a witness somehow. Even if JB did, for example, that could not be blamed on Casey, unless it could be proven he did so at her request or direction...(from legal thread). Casey won't be retried...
No, but there could legal action against JB and possible disbarment.

I think it is kind of craptastic that Amy H received a threatening call about dropping charges and not a thing was done about it. If that isn't outright witness tampering, then what is?

First person I thought of was RC/KH, and changing her original story, and then being paid $4,000 from the Nat'l Enquirer. I always had the feeling she changed her story after possibly meeting with the Defense.....They ran with "An Accident that Snowballed Out Of Control" Her testimony totally discredited GA, on anything he had testified to....which could have been the "Plan"

I would not put it past anyone on that defense team to have done something completely underhanded. My gut tells me they also tampered with the jury, but we may never know that for sure. There is no logical reason why they "won" this case.

I think theses are new ones. IMO

First person I thought of was RC/KH, and changing her original story, and then being paid $4,000 from the Nat'l Enquirer. I always had the feeling she changed her story after possibly meeting with the Defense.....They ran with "An Accident that Snowballed Out Of Control" Her testimony totally discredited GA, on anything he had testified to....which could have been the "Plan"

Her testimony also had a big effect on the jury and, in large part, increased their suspicion of George. It's been said by some jury members that their believe George was lying is what kept them from convicting Casey.

I think it is kind of craptastic that Amy H received a threatening call about dropping charges and not a thing was done about it. If that isn't outright witness tampering, then what is?

Wow, I never heard about that! Wonder if it was one of the Anthony clan who threatened her?

I believe this has to do with Lee Anthony for one.

WOw, that is new to me?? Do we know who made it it? That is crazy!

What about the guy who was testifying and when his unit found out said if he testified he would be fired??

I think there was lots of witness tampering. I believe if it comes back that KC was involved in anyway she could be charged with that crime, but I don't know about her being retried. I hope there is something to this story!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie