NY - Rashawn Brazell, 19, found dismembered, Brooklyn, 14 Feb 2005 *charges dropped 2023*

JeannieC

Reaction score
"In February 2005, after disappearing from his home in Bushwick, Brooklyn, 19-year-old Rashawn Brazell's dismembered body parts were found in garbage bags strewn throughout the borough. Though his story was initially refused coverage in most mainstream media outlets, it incited responses from bloggers and activists argued that his murder received limited coverage because he was a black gay working-class male"

Copied from: Wikipedia Rashawn Brazell

Murder of Rashawn Brazell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This case was featured on AMW five time and on radio 3 times.

Rashawn Brazell, was an aspiring fashion designer. He was identified when a fingerprint taken from the hand found in the garbage bag matched one on file from his previous marijuana arrest.

Brazell's severed arm and legs were found just three stops down the subway line from where a subway cleaner discovered two plastic bags in 1992 containing the remains of 27-year-old Becky Detres of Brooklyn. No arrests were made in her killing, her family said yesterday.

Read the entire article Dated 2/19/2005 from the Daily News/news

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/2005/02/19/2005-02-19_cut-up_man_was_on_way_to_see.html

NEW BODY PART EYED IN KILLING

COPS BELIEVE A mutilated pelvis found yesterday at a Brooklyn recycling plant belongs to the man whose severed arm and legs were dumped in a subway tunnel last week, sources said.

Trash collectors discovered the pelvis buried in debris at Rapid Processing in Greenpoint - nearly 5 miles from the Nostrand Ave. subway station in Bedford-Stuyvesant where the limbs of Rashawn Brazell, 19, were found last Thursday.

Read the entire article Dated Thursday, February 24th 2005, 6:40AM Daily News/news

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/2005/02/24/2005-02-24_new_body_part_eyed_in_killing.html

Rashawn's family reported that on the morning of February 14, 2005, Rashawn was scheduled to meet his accountant and then meet his mother for lunch in Manhattan. At 7:30 that morning, an unknown person rang the apartment building's security buzzer and Rashawn went down to meet him. According to other witnesses, Rashawn met a man outside his Brooklyn, New York apartment and the two men entered the subway together at the Gates Avenue J Line. Witnesses believe the two exited at the Nostrand Avenue A Line in Bedford Stuyvesant a short time later. Rashawn was never seen alive again.

AMW August 2008

Haunting Images Of Teenager's Murder Cops in New York found 19-year-old Rashawn Brazell's decapitated body stuffed into trash bags in a NYC subway station, and they say they need your help to catch his killer. Take a good look at the clues, and help police bring a grieving family some justice.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/brief.cfm?id=32526

Wasn't there another case where dismembered body parts were found in the tunnels of a subway station?

What a horrible murder.

I am surprised this did not receive more attention.

Were there ANY clues/leads at ALL??

Any they never found his head?

I am captivated by this story. There's another trailer. And then an older blog post asking for donations to complete the project.

The trailer someone posted fall2013.
http://sglinsider.com/2013/10/14/film-rashawns-desire-the-untold-story-of-rashawn-brazell/

The "for more info" link only takes you to a rather outdated website for Terik King. I did fill out the form. I can't figure out whether the documentary was released or not.

Eta: even by New York City standards, this is way out there. I don't know anything about the victim, and I know this is stupid, but judging from his photos he looked like a lover not a fighter. The filmmaker stated he is baffled as to whether the killers were sending a message, or doing the complete opposite. I tend to think the former. Hopefully we'll get more details about the film soon...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feb 14th was the anniversary of rashawns murder.

Unlike what we're used to, the police didn't seem to release many of the details. A bag of bloody tools and drill bits was found. What sort of tools?

The subway. They entered the subway. Exited the subway. Rode the subway. The police never recovered any footage of the pair???? (They never said they didn't)

Neighbors saw his acquaintance. Police sketch?? Older, same age?

Phone records? Cell phone? Home phone? The killer had his home address (assuming the mystery man was the killer). Rang his doorbell. They have spoken on the phone previously. He knew the person.

His remains were found near the emergency exit. I would think it would be locked from the outside, to prohibit people from roaming the tunnels. Either he was killed down there, or someone walked down the street, in Brooklyn, with a large heavy dripping bursting bloody bag.

But then.....the tools.....I assume the murdered used power tools (the bits?). Ummm, wouldn't they be kinda loud Inside a tunnel? Would probably need a power source? Aren't trains going by, periodically?

Valentines day? That is not a coincidence. I feel this was a romantic liaison. Were there any cyber clues? There had to be.....

Is the nypd typically secretive about what they know? I just don't see how they had zero leads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back