Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony Split!

MrsG728

Reaction score
Whoa... I am completely shocked by this! :eek:
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20510616,00.html

After seven years of marriage, it's over for Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony.

"We have decided to end our marriage," they tell PEOPLE in a joint statement. "This was a very difficult decision. We have come to an amicable conclusion on all matters."

"It is a painful time for all involved," the statement continues, "and we appreciate the respect of our privacy at this time."

.....More at link

I don't even know what to think.

They always look so happy togther too .
This really was a suprise to me

I am surprised they made it this long. Seemed like such a quick marriage on the heels of her breakup with Ben Affleck.

I am surprised they made it this long. Seemed like such a quick marriage on the heels of her breakup with Ben Affleck.

I'm surprised they made it this long also.....all the way to the 7 year itch! I think she really wanted children and that gave it some steam.

Best luck to both of them.

i dunno...something always seems off to me...heels of the "bennifer" deal..plus she (imo) seems waaaaay too into herself( the twins nursery w/ the crystal chandeliers, getting them burberry designer duds, for a 2 year old?? am i only one saying what??) shes pretty sure,but if she went thru the 2 husbands, diddy,( or sean combs, puffy,puf daddy, whoever)and ben afflack? something must be wrong w/ her( pretty on outside, ugly on inside?) not that marc is a prize, he seemed like a latino skeletor...but just my 2 cents, and moo too.

My theory is that she got to be too big of a Diva on American Idol last season and that perhaps he was jealous of it.

My theory is that she got to be too big of a Diva on American Idol last season and that perhaps he was jealous of it.

i agree LinasK. My reason exactly.

I like how they performed on the show together and we all thought they were so in love. TV has a way of making one buy the dream.

I think she has really changed, and not for the better.

Goz

Pretty well reported in Hollywood and a Ted Casablancas blind item, that Marc was whopping up on Jeni...supposedly becuse she upstaged him and he is the man. IDK if true but it is out there everywhere.

I've enjoyed his performance on "Hawthorne".

Totally believe the chemistry between his character & Jada Pinkett Smith's character. Talk about steamy. I've not seen him act b/4, but he sure seems to have acting chops - that or he's just naturally dark & broody. :crazy:

Anyhoo - I guess I'm sayin' they are both career busy with 3-year-old twins.

Something takes a back-seat. By choice. Apparently, it's the marriage. :cow:

Ive heard that MA is gay. I've heard that rumor for years. I dunno if I believe it or not. I've also heard about him hitting JL too, now that I do believe. Apparently there are witnesses of his temper. I always thought their marriage was a sham.

I have always wondered why she was attracted to him.He's not even the least bit attractive.Always looks unwashed and anemic.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWSZSXpf_r0"]‪American Idol 2011 Finale - Marc Anthony ft. Jennifer Lopez (Aguanile)‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Watch his facial expressions from 2:28 to 2:50. When she does her booty shaking, he looks at her and pokes her with his finger and she stops and moves back on the stage. Could be interpreted as "you're so hot I can't think or sing" but he moved her hand off of him, pointed, poked her, she didn't stop, and he pokes her again and she stopped and moved back. They kept showing clips of MA on the set of American Idol, and there was more than one where he looked downright pi$$ed at some of the attention she was receiving from some of the males. Maybe that was just my wrong impression or an attempt to boost ratings, but what stilletos said would make alot of sense IMO.

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/st...showed-signs-of-marital-problems-insiders-say

Lopez And Anthony Showed Signs Of Marital Problems, Insiders Say
Posted Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:55pm PDT by Billy Johnson, Jr.

Anthony urged the magazine not to use a photo of Lopez he considered to be "too sexy and unbecoming for a 40-year-old mother of two," an unnamed source told Us..

"He would make her feel terrible about herself if she wanted to wear something sexy," added another source. "He likes her to dress in a demure, ‘wife' style. He hated the fact that she was a sex symbol.".

More at link~

He didn't look like he minded her performance on AI with him that was over the top.

:smile:

JMO

I have always wondered why she was attracted to him.He's not even the least bit attractive.Always looks unwashed and anemic.

Right? How do you go from Ben Affleck to that? My DD calls him Skeletor!

Ive heard that MA is gay. I've heard that rumor for years. I dunno if I believe it or not. I've also heard about him hitting JL too, now that I do believe. Apparently there are witnesses of his temper. I always thought their marriage was a sham.

There was also rumor of him being a Scientologist. His friend is. He's the guy married to that chick from "King Of Queens". Supposedly the JL family was not keen on her even thinking about Scientology.

Hey I can't lie as it crossed my mind how some of these rumored Scientologists suddenly produce children.

Gotta go with Emma Peel as I believe he can act. I also believe he's a fabulous performer. The guy can take a stage. I'd like to see him live.

Hoping they all can work it out along with his last wife and the kids.

I thought they were a good match. Both are from NYC and I think Marc is also of PR lineage.

I never thought he was particularily handsome, but he does have very beautiful eyes. It's just a matter of preference, I have a "type" and I prefer men who other's consider short and stocky. Big teddy bears. My Husand is one :) I prefer Ruben Blades style of singing to Marc's. (I also think Ruben is quite handsome heh).

I'm not sure I believe that Marc was hitting Jennifer. She doesn't seem to me to be the type of woman that would allow a man to hit her twice. He might get one punch in but she seems like the type to make a man hope she don't get off the floor because she will proceed to kick his behind. Just the way I see her though.

Marc was exceptionally good in El Cantante. We own that one. The kids have watched it over and over.

They both have a sketchy history with relationships. They got married about a week after Marc's divorce had finalized. I guess it's safe to say their relationship started while he was married. Not a good omen usually.

I hope they both find happiness. I am not a big fan of Jennifer. We have her movie Selena but because we are Selena fans not J-Lo fans.

She's stunningly beautiful but I'm kind of burnt out on her lately because she seems to be in all the recent mags airbrused to kingdom come. Just a pet peeve LOL.

ETA: we listen to a lot of old school here. Willie Colon, Hector Lavoe, Tito Puente and my fav Celia Cruz (I have to go put on Guantanamera now haha)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back