GUILTY CA - Ed Arnold for assault, child *advertiser censored*, Arroyo Grande, 2009

Missizzy

Reaction score
"Fallen on his own sword"??? Then he has no one to blame but himself. What about charges of battery or attempted murder? Sounds like an all around scary and violent creep to me. So glad to know that he now makes his home in Oregon. Where?

http://santamariatimes.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/d5e13466-ad14-11e0-ae0f-001cc4c002e0.html

"A former Arroyo Grande city councilman will spend six months in jail for residential burglary and possession of child *advertiser censored*. Ed Arnold Jr., 46, was sentenced to nine months of jail time Tuesday for the two felony charges, but will only spend 180 days behind bars as part of plea deal reached last month in the case. Arnold, who now lives in Oregon, also was sentenced to three years formal probation, during which time he’s banned from using the Internet. He must also register as a sex offender and attend batterer classes...."

and

"...The alleged victim, a city employee identified only as Jane Doe, read a statement in court asking that Arnold be sentenced to the maximum two years in prison. “I hate that I have to be here because of what (Ed Arnold) has done to me,” Doe said. “He accomplished what he set out to do — damage me....”

and

"...Arnold faced five felony counts stemming from an alleged 2009 assault on Doe, who previously lived in the Arnold home and reportedly had an affair with both the former councilman and his wife...."

and

"....on Dec. 15, 2009, Arnold dressed in black, broke into the then 28-year-old woman’s Arroyo Grande home, lay in wait, and then attacked her with a club, bashing her repeatedly in the back of the head...."

and

"...Deputy District Attorney Greg Devitt argued that Arnold should get a longer sentence than six months because he hasn’t shown any remorse or acknowledged his role in the alleged attack. “I am of the opinion that the defendant needs more time in custody,” Devitt said.

and

"...Defense attorney Ilan Funke-Bilu said his client has accepted responsibility for his past actions and will suffer the repercussions for the rest of his life. “This is the closest thing to a Greek tragedy that I have ever seen in my career,” Funke-Bilu said. “This is a man who has fallen on his sword. We shouldn’t kick him when he’s down....”

and

"...Arnold also was charged with two felony child-*advertiser censored* counts after the alleged assault. Investigators seized his computer and allegedly found illegal photos and a secretly taped video of a 16-year-old girl showering in his home. The teen was a foreign exchange student who lived in the Arnold home..."

more at link

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb
Back