GUILTY NC - Cheyenne Yarley, 10 mos, beaten to death, Raleigh, 8 Nov 2009

BrownRice

Reaction score
Joshua Stepp on trial for murder/molestation of 10 mo old step daughter.

Thank you again Brown Rice for setting this thread up.
I don't know, haven't read or heard, if this trial will be streamed. If anybody finds out please let us know.

Joshua Stepp on trial for murder/molestation of 10 mo old step daughter.

Thank you so much BrownRice, for setting up this thread. I hope the trial will be streamed live, and I wonder which DA's will be trying this case. There was a local story on WRAL yesterday about cuts in the DA's office, budget cuts, and that DA's are 'having to answer their own phones'.

http://www.wral.com/news/state/nccapitol/story/9881731/

Thank you so much BrownRice, for setting up this thread. I hope the trial will be streamed live, and I wonder which DA's will be trying this case. There was a local story on WRAL yesterday about cuts in the DA's office, budget cuts, and that DA's are 'having to answer their own phones'.

http://www.wral.com/news/state/nccapitol/story/9881731/

I saw that news article too and it makes me so mad. The state of NC should NOT be cutting anything pertaining to education or crime--including the DA's office. Maybe we should volunteer one day a week to answer phones for them.........

".....He typically watched his stepdaughter and his 4-year-old child at night while his wife worked an overnight shift as a security guard, his family said shortly after his arrest. His wife was at work when police and paramedics found Cheyenne unconscious about 9 p.m. at the **** ****** ******** apartment, where he lived...."

BBM

Those words just give me chills. OMG - Is anyone looking into how that child is doing?

These cases we see just get worse and worse. Who is raising this type of ~human being~?? :banghead:

I checked earlier today, couldn't find any more info on how the jury selection is going.

I was in the jury pool for this trial....had to stay 4 days and finally called for my individual voir dire. Though I would LOVE to sit on a DP murder trial jury, I simply could not for this one. Way too sick to even ponder. I told the judge I already formed an opinion and could not be impartial. He thanked me for my candor and I was released.
When I was finally released 7-26-11, they had seated 6 jurors.
Surely selection is complete by now? Apparently not, as there there is ZERO news about the trial anywhere.

JTF, et al - :seeya: - I looked here & there :kilroy: for "Joshua Stepp," and the last date of anything I saw was 7/19/11. Odd. :sigh:

I know Superior Court judges have some kind of seminar or conference, and the courthouse shuts down for a week, but seems to me that it is scheduled in Sept/Oct... Maybe something else like that is scheduled.
icon5.gif
No other ideas.

I checked on the DOC site & I saw Stepp's previous convictions, etc, but no new convictions -- I thought maybe a plead-out, but surely, :winko: Shirley, that would have also made some media mention. Ya got me...:dunno:

Opening statements 8-22-11

Thanks for following -- yes, this is triple-sick, JTF. I would also jump at the chance to sit on a DP case, but on this sick thing, I don't see any way I could be fair, and I don't know if I would be the same person coming out of it.

If this case were a fiction novel, I really don't think any house would publish it. There is not a he!! that could make his punishment in any way equal to this abomination.

Take a breath, man -- I'm glad you're outta there.
icon9.gif

icon7.gif

Do we have a thread on this in the Crimes/Spotlight forum? I'm gonna go look.

Salem

ETA: I couldn't find a thread. Would have been nice just for the history. Oh well.

Thanks, Salem -- It would be good to have a place for it there.

My comments to JTF above had to with "researching" outside sources (WRAL, N&O, etc., etc.) and not WS sources.
icon7.gif

I guess WRAL isn't following this one live, online??? I was hoping to watch this trial, anyone have any links to watch it live? Opening statements have been given, defense claiming PTSD as the *excuse*.

Thanks JTF's, isn't any channel covering this trial live? One would think a death penalty case would have live coverage.

Hi, glee :seeya:- I read one WRAL article, & they said that neither they nor the "other local TV station" was streaming it due to the graphic nature of the testimony, so we're in the dark for this one.

Sometimes in these slowish times, I go to NBC Dateline and browse & occasionally watch one of their shows.

In fact, today I was re-watching particular testimony from the Ryan Hare/Matthew Silliman trial.... of course, I watched it live, but addicts will be addicts, I guess!! Plus the Judge is quite a looker, IMO!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back