Jason will be re-tried October 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boodles

Reaction score
Thankfully, the DA has announced that Jason Young will be re-tried after the hung jury in June. Trial date set for October 10.

Thankfully, the DA has announced that Jason Young will be re-tried after the hung jury in June. Trial date set for October 10.

$900,000 secured bond. Does anyone know if his family can post that bond for him? I fear the same attorney's will be trying him again. Who else can get up to speed on this case? Something is very wrong with our legal system lately. :(

So relieved to hear that he will be retried!!! Really really hoping they get a new prosecutor!!

Anyone know what the prosecutor was referring to when he said that some evidence had been disposed of by either Jason or someone on his behalf? Is this new news?

"Food Hoarding" Does anyone know anything about this? Also does anyone know who will prosecute this case in October or when we could find out?

"Food Hoarding" Does anyone know anything about this? Also does anyone know who will prosecute this case in October or when we could find out?

The news said 'a tentative date' in October, so I'm wondering if that statement lends the possibility for a new prosecutor to join the team, with a possible continuence on the trial date?

Anyone know what the prosecutor was referring to when he said that some evidence had been disposed of by either Jason or someone on his behalf? Is this new news?

The shoes?

ONLY $900K bail? That's really low, for 1st degree murder. I can't believe the judge was so lenient. He should have a $2M bail amount! I bet momma will have him out on bail lickety split.

I hope, hope, hope they do NOT allow Becky Holt to be the lead on this next trial. She needs to be dropped down to a consulting role only.

$900,000 secured bond. Does anyone know if his family can post that bond for him? I fear the same attorney's will be trying him again. Who else can get up to speed on this case? Something is very wrong with our legal system lately. :(

After the initial Young hung jury and then the not guilty verdict in the CA trail I'm pretty much thinking it may be time for professional jurors in this country now. I would love to be one. Additionally, I think the term 'reasonable doubt' should be schooled to each jury prior to deliberations.
I am not sure about the bond but I think the mom can put her property up. I'm also thinking that a cash amount against the bond is only a small percentage of the actual amount. Something like 10 percent--so on $900,000 the cash would be $90,000? Is that correct?
I have a migraine, so sorry if I'm difficult to follow. You all know me well enough by now to know that I have horrible migraines very often. Head-on car accident about 20 years ago. So when I don't make any sense, just over look me please.

I don't know about the food hoarding other than the kind I do :)
I have connections with the Attorney Generals office in Raleigh and they are all very good friends with the Wake Co. DA's office. I'll see what I can find out. I will die if H C ends up on this case. Die I'm telling you.

The shoes?

Just the Fax needs to get his pictures of the motel doors/shrubbery to the DAs office for use in the next trial. They are so much better than the ones used by the prosecutor earlier. The distance between the door JY used to exit/enter the motel and the shrubbery shows very clearly--no way he could have stretched far enough to break off a twig or whatever he called it to hold the door open.

The news said 'a tentative date' in October, so I'm wondering if that statement lends the possibility for a new prosecutor to join the team, with a possible continuence on the trial date?

Do we have anybody with some get-up-and-go in the Wake DA's office other than Boz? Since they have tentatively rescheduled the trial so soon I'm scared to death they are going to use the same DAs because they are familiar with the case. I would love for Boz to get involved with his laser gun way of getting things done.
Can't remember the lead detective's name but somebody needs to light a hot fire under him too. His manner of testimony in the first trial left a lot to be desired.

They must have some decent ADAs in the office besides Boz. Boz is, I understand, one of the ADAs on that new murder trial in which jurors are being selected so it can't be him to back up on Young, I don't think.

Spivey is the lead detective. He needs a couple Red Bulls and then a triple espresso before he takes the stand. And he needs to NOT be paired with B. Holt on the direct.

David Saaks is great and he could be the lead ADA. But they need someone else with some real fire in their belly, someone who can and will connect with a jury and not be so soft and low key, as Becky Holt unfortunately turned out to be. :-( Someone articulate, who doesn't mince words and doesn't do that 'umm, ummmmm, um' thing.

Paging Kelly Siegler! C'mon over from TX and ride this bull! He's a tough one, but you've ridden worse.

They must have some decent ADAs in the office besides Boz. Boz is, I understand, one of the ADAs on that new murder trial in which jurors are being selected so it can't be him to back up on Young, I don't think.

Spivey is the lead detective. He needs a couple Red Bulls and then a triple espresso before he takes the stand. And he needs to NOT be paired with B. Holt on the direct.

David Saaks is great and he could be the lead ADA. But they need someone else with some real fire in their belly, someone who can and will connect with a jury and not be so soft and low key, as Becky Holt unfortunately turned out to be. :-(

Paging Kelly Siegler! C'mon over from TX and ride this bull! He's a tough one, but you've ridden worse.

LOL, love your post Madeleine. Your thoughts are my own!
I didn't realize Boz was involved in the current murder case, I guess you mean the 10 month old little girl. I hope they fry that stepfather on the steps of the courthouse.

Prisoners are not allowed to hoard food because some prisoners make alcohol out of some food, and food is also used as currency to "buy" other things such as stamps, envelopes, hair cuts, personal items, etc.

According to the Transylvania County Tax Assessor website:
Pat Young own 2 pieces of property. One is worth $279,500 and the other is worth $50,000. JY's stepfather has no property in his name in TC. Now, either of them could possibly own property in another county, and I'm not sure whether they do or not.
If this is all the property that is owned, PY obviously cannot put up her property to cover the bond (unless she has others to put up property with her), and $90,000 (10% of the bond) is a lot of money to just give away.

I laughed when I saw that the only violation Jason had in prison was hoarding food. I thought back to how hungry and faint he looked during trial ... and didn't think food hoarding was a good reason for a jail infraction. He looked drawn, pale and hungry, just like Brad Cooper, and we wondered if they were both on drugs during the trial. Maybe they were both hungry. Ms Anthony seemed fiesty and well fed when she was on trial ... not drugged.

Between Jason's siblings, mom and her friends, they can secure $900,000.

I suppose they would be better off coming up with the $90,000 for bail and finding an off shore place to store him.

He caught everyone off guard by testifying. That can't happen twice.

According to the Transylvania County Tax Assessor website:
Pat Young own 2 pieces of property. One is worth $279,500 and the other is worth $50,000. JY's stepfather has no property in his name in TC. Now, either of them could possibly own property in another county, and I'm not sure whether they do or not.
If this is all the property that is owned, PY obviously cannot put up her property to cover the bond (unless she has others to put up property with her), and $90,000 (10% of the bond) is a lot of money to just give away.

The property bond allows 70% of tax value.
She and others will need to attach property worth $1,275,000.
Pat has land in Buncombe County worth $214,000...total $543,000.
She has 2 close family friends that would gladly offer up their homes to release JLY pending retrial, IMO.

I'll be surprised if they don't spring him by next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk