Casey's appeal on the 4 charges of lying to police

AS to # 3, the 'materiality' of the lies. I heard TH defense attorney making that argument. She said, [ and she was an Andrea Lyon protege'] that the appeal would be based upon the fact that the lies were immaterial to the crimes at hand. PPFFFTTT

The sole purpose of ALL of those lies was to stall the investigatiion into the child's death.

As to # 2, the statements were made under duress of LE. Good luck with that too. About 5 times they asked her if she was there voluntarily, just for the purpose of finding her child.

I HOPE this appeal is knocked down immediately because it has no legal merit and is an obvious ploy to avoid her mounting legal battles.

I don't get why she is trying to get those appealed, she admitted she was lying, they have her written letter and it was a lie. Heck I wouldbe more worried over the felony charges than the lies. But it is a stall tactic IMO.

Didn't she sign a statement to LE where the only thing that was the truth was her name and date of birth?
Didn't JB have a new conference with a crying [????] Casey standing there while they still stated Caylee was kidnapped?

I think this appeal attempt is a waste of money big time....they pretty much admitted to all the lies in the opening statement.

I guess the State of florida hasn't forked out enough money yet. What nerve is all I can say!

I'm cracking up reading the 7/25 edition of the Enquirer. couldn't resist. ICA on the cover saying she's going to marry a rich man from Australia and move there and have more children. that part isn't funny at all!! That's what really worries me, I think she will get pregnant to spite everyone!

I don't get why she is trying to get those appealed, she admitted she was lying, they have her written letter and it was a lie. Heck I wouldbe more worried over the felony charges than the lies. But it is a stall tactic IMO.

Of course it is. But they might be short sighted in that it certainly won't help quell the public vitriol toward her....

I think she is appealing the charges so that she canavoid testifying in her civil cases. Just a legal strategy.

I think she is appealing the charges so that she canavoid testifying in her civil cases. Just a legal strategy.

Correct. They know they won't win but are just stalling for time. They want to get the paid IV in before the depo.

As to # 2, the statements were made under duress of LE. Good luck with that too. About 5 times they asked her if she was there voluntarily, just for the purpose of finding her child.

I HOPE this appeal is knocked down immediately because it has no legal merit and is an obvious ploy to avoid her mounting legal battles.

All the appeals in the cummings/croslin case, were shot down within 30 days. Doesn't seem like judges want to be associated with this case because they keep passing the buck. They couldn't even show up when they had two days notice of hearing. They made the person wait another 8 hrs and didn't help them anyway.

I have become jaded with anyone that works this case. This DT has managed to deflect any snowballs thrown at them. They got away delaying the check fraud and her penalty was ran concurrently, giving her a short time.

I hope the Courts rule quickly but I can be prepared for them to appeal to the Supreme Court before this is over. They will do anything to keep anyone from getting money from her.....just like OJ did. The father or a relative needs to come forth and file a civil suit...PRONTO!

ok I understand that they are stalling but doesn't the fact that at least 2 lawyers who previously represented her stated in Media during the trial that those were lies KC told. I don't recall their names... the one married to the Doctor and the other one who is against the DP and promoted her book. Since they felt so inclined to admit Client/Attorney information the appeal should be denied ... just like that! moo Next time an attorney will consider keeping their mouth shut.

guess she figured lying to LE stalled them to find caylee, thus the swamp and elements( thank you TS faye for flooding the ground!) washed any type of finger prints,ect away...worked before, why not now..that makes me mad. you admitted it, woman up and deal w/ it, or do you want to steal more $$$$ for florida's tax payers, my dad (65 years old vietnam vet/ 2 tours.-decent law adbiding citizen) especially...probably others on WS who live in fl, or have family who are citizens and having their tax $$ wasted for such BS....not on my watch, if i can help it.

Agreed.

Its carp. Pure carp.
There's footage of her saying the baby is missing, and in court her defense states the baby was dead all along.
No way she thinks it'll be appealed. Its just stalling.
<modsnip>

DT = Accept and respect the verdict people!

DT = Let's file an appeal of the verdict.

Both ways much?

AS to # 3, the 'materiality' of the lies. I heard TH defense attorney making that argument. She said, [ and she was an Andrea Lyon protege'] that the appeal would be based upon the fact that the lies were immaterial to the crimes at hand. PPFFFTTT

The sole purpose of ALL of those lies was to stall the investigatiion into the child's death.

AZLawyer had answered my question on this ...

"I think the defense team requested that the jury be required to find that the lies were material to LE's investigation (rather than just lies on unimportant issues)."

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6933825&postcount=1010"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6933825&postcount=1010[/ame]

Which is pretty much what you're relating ... I would say obviously the jury thought they WERE material but I'm not really confident they understood these charges any more than they did the felony charges ...

Seems the defense wants it both ways ... with regards to ALL of the charges, either the jury DID get it right or they DIDN'T ...

ITA that it is the first order of business to avoid the questions Morgan will ask her ... second, is to avoid having to pay anyone any amount of money from law suits based on her lies ...

Zenaida has waited long enough for her day in court and now KC and her team are making her wait even longer ... well, she can't hide forever
Hopefully, the appeal process will be quick !!

So are taxpayers paying for this too? The state is obligated to pay private attorneys for appeals of convictions on charges like lying to police? If so, that is disgusting.

I think it's because they want to sue OCSD for keeping her in jail.Baez said that they were going too sue for keeping her there and please dont ask where the link is....It was during one of the trial hearings.So if they could get that removed from her record then there would be reason to collect more of the State of Florida money.

I didn't think acquitted people could sue for being held in jail awaiting trial?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back