Otters holding hands...SO CUTE !

Searchfortruth

Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epUk3T2Kfno&feature=related"]‪Otters holding hands‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Otters are adorable and this is absolutely precious!!!! Thanks so much for sharing!! :)

OMG How adorable!! Thank you for sharing this is so cute!

Thanks for the smile to start my day. That us absolutely adorable!!!

:skip: :skip: :skip:

Otters always make people feel happy.

I still want pet otters!

But since I don't work at a zoo, it is just a happy dream.

Awww thanks for the morning feel good video!!

Wonderful to see first thing in the morning! They are so sweet.

Give a big shout out to Al Gore for inventing the internet, without which most of us would never see this darling video! heh heh

I live in central Florida, and we have a family of otters living in the canal behind our house. Very playful critters.

I want an otter. I just do.

Best-
Herding Cats

I live in central Florida, and we have a family of otters living in the canal behind our house. Very playful critters.

Whaaaaaahhhh! I want pet otters, I want pet otters, I want pet otters!

:crazy:

Can you take some pics for us?

aww! It's the gentle things in life that make life so sweet.

Omg! I almost thought it was just a coincidence until they drifted apart, and then the one reached over and snatched the other's paw again once they were close enough!

ya know those wacky people that for some strange reason think it would be great fun to swim with a polar bear at the zoo...or jump in the tiger enclosure....me...I always wanted to swim with the otters..:crazy: Phila zoo they have slides and ramps & stuff. I love to watch them play tag!

No worrys though...they have BIG teeth and powerful jaws. You'll not ever read about me really doin it

aww how precious is that that made my night :)

aww, that was just adorable. I especially liked when, after drifting apart for a bit, the one reached back out to the other and renewed the hand holding.

dd has wanted a river otters since seeing them a few years ago at the St. Louis zoo HC, so you are not alone, lol

Omg! I almost thought it was just a coincidence until they drifted apart, and then the one reached over and snatched the other's paw again once they were close enough!

AHHHHHHHHHHH......they are just too sweet! My son-in-law designed and built the otter area at our local zoo. He fell in love with them and says they are so playful and intelligent.

I just learned that one of the hand holding otters passed away in 2008. The footage is not new, but that makes it no less adorable for that. It was a day brightener yesterday and thanks to this thread, caused me to learn about Nyac, and her story.

Nyac came to the Vancouver Aquarium in 1989 as one of the few young survivors of the Exxon Valdez oil spill. A veterinary team from the Vancouver Aquarium were on the scene to help handle the disaster and to provide expert care for the traumatized animals. Many of the animals died but a few were rescued. The Vancouver Aquarium was able to provide a home for 8 of the unreleasable otters, including Nyac.

She was diagnosed with chronic lymphocytic leukemia.

http://www.vanaqua.org/pressroom/Nyac.html for more about Nyac and her life.

During her time at Vancouver Aquarium she brought much joy to visitors and became a hit on youtube.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans
Back