Let's Lie About The Weather Now!

BigAppleDetective

Former Member
Reaction score
1. Everyone knows that it has to be warm for snow to melt. So let's can the crap about how it was 8 degrees!
2. The spider. I live in New York City and our spiders are busy making webs
all year round.
3. Must you lie with an entomologist too? Because you and I know that THEIR SPIDERS came from Atlanta, Georgia. And Atlanta Georgia spiders do not take a great big snooze for 6 months. Their spiders are in and out of an open window in a warm basement and they get hungry.

BigAppleDetective said:
1. Everyone knows that it has to be warm for snow to melt. So let's can the crap about how it was 8 degrees!
all year round.
3. Must you lie with an entomologist too? Because you and I know that THEIR SPIDERS came from Atlanta, Georgia. And Atlanta Georgia spiders do not take a great big snooze for 6 months. Their spiders are in and out of an open window in a warm basement and they get hungry.

Now come on BAD,

We are talking about the REPUBLIC OF BOULDER. :rolleyes:

Tressa

BigAppleDetective said:
all year round.

BigAppleDetective,

The lack of depth in your investigative skills is surpassed only by your boorish riddles of "evidence" against Cordelia Willis as the killer of JonBenet, information that could have been said in one post instead of an endless series of ridiculous enigmas, wasting everyone's time.

I did not lie:

o THE TEMPERATURE -- It was 8 degrees on the morning of December 26, 1996. It was verified several years ago on this forum by records from, as I recall, the National Weather Service. The weather warmed up later in the morning. Look it up yourself. Despite the cold, heat is retained in masonry walkways and snow melts early from these kinds of surfaces.

o THE SPIDER -- There are numerous species of spiders. The spider in the window well at the Ramseys house was of the species Agelendidae, a species that hibernates during the winter and will not repair its web while in hibernation. Look it up yourself.

o THE SPIDER EXPERT -- I referred to the spider expert the BPD used to identify the species, Dr. Brent Opell at Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, Va. Dr. Opell is a nationally recognized expert and is familiar with every species of spider in the U.S., not just those in his own basement. Call him yourself.

JMO

BlueCrab said:
BigAppleDetective,

(((The lack of depth in your investigative skills is surpassed only by your boorish riddles of "evidence" against Cordelia Willis as the killer of JonBenet, information that could have been said in one post instead of an endless series of ridiculous enigmas, wasting everyone's time. ))end Blue Crab quote

This is what I hate about forums, it's not enough to disagree with others ideas, some have to get "down to a personal" level .
There is nothing that BAD has posted that I haven't been able to locate and read, I can understand why this person is of interest to her, there are writings dating back to 1995 that do include the wording and other elements found in the crime. Suspect is a bit strong, this is her person of interest,given what BAD has read.

BTW the temp reached 52 farenheit on the 26th of December in Boulder

The subject of this post is Boulder snow!

Hmmm, then another hmmm. I have lived in Denver area since 1946, those of you who are good at 'math' know that I then have lived here for 58 years and counting. I have seen 58 winters in Colorado which is 1 mile closer to the sun.

Our winters are very different here than ANYWHERE else on the planet. For example on a winter day here, it can get very warm, and the ground is warmed. THEN a tiny 'skiff' of snow can fritter to the ground in the night, and the next morning the sun comes out and poof - early AM the 'skiff' of snow is GONE GONE.

NOW then prior to the skiff business, Mother Nature can supply us with a gully washer SNOW STORM, leaving DRIFTS, and shoveled masses of snow hither and yon.

The 'snow' on THAT night, was what I would term a 'skiff', frittering to the ground in 'faerie dosage' to give a little glisten to the SNOW from a PREVIOUS STORM of note.

Hope this helps those folks from other parts of America, who do not understand the weather in Colorado. I have lived in Michigan, Missouri, and Kansas. In MI our snow would and could last for great lengths of time. In Colorado a VERY heavy snow can be ALL gone gone in about a day and a half. NOT every time but most often this holds very true.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain
Back