GUILTY CA - Michelle Hoang Thi Le, 26, Hayward, 27 May 2011

Blondie in Spokane

Reaction score
"Search On For Student Nurse, Last Seen At Hospital in California"

"Missing: Michelle Hoang, last seen at Kaiser Hospital in Hayward, Calif.
Police were asking for the public's help in the search for a missing nursing student last seen at a hospital in Hayward, Calif."

"Le was at the hospital taking a class, which is part of a nursing course she's enrolled in with Samuel Merritt University in Oakland, police said."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/05/29/search-student-nurse-seen-hospital-california/#ixzz1NlJzDqQU

Immediately I think of Phuong Le. She was a recently graduated nurse who was abducted from a Barnes and Noble parking lot and murdered a year ago. That happened only about 50 miles from where Michelle is missing. Phuong's case has not been solved so her attacker could still be on the loose.

Immediately I think of Phuong Le. She was a recently graduated nurse who was abducted from a Barnes and Noble parking lot and murdered a year ago. That happened only about 50 miles from where Michelle is missing. Phuong's case has not been solved so her attacker could still be on the loose.

that's exactly who I thought of ...

I hope Michelle is found safe but if not, I think there might be a connection found between her & Phuong

that's exactly who I thought of ...

I hope Michelle is found safe but if not, I think there might be a connection found between her & Phuong
I really hope she is found safe too and I also hope I haven't alarmed anybody who knows her by mentioning Phuong. But if LE thinks there could be a chance of foul play it would probably be a good idea to get in touch with Fairfield police to find out if there are any details that match Phuong's case.

Yes, I thought of Phuong Le also... I hope this young woman is found safe.

JMO

I sort of doubt these 2 cases are related. Phuong Le had a married boyfriend and I think he's been a suspect since day one. Here's a recent update--apparently her family thought she had broken off the relationship, but police found 2 suspiciously recent cell phone calls to him (before she disappeared) on her phone.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/23641885/detail.html

This sure is odd about Michelle...I hope they find her soon. She seems too responsible to just drop out of sight purposely.

I sort of doubt these 2 cases are related. Phuong Le had a married boyfriend and I think he's been a suspect since day one. Here's a recent update--apparently her family thought she had broken off the relationship, but police found 2 suspiciously recent cell phone calls to him (before she disappeared) on her phone.

This sure is odd about Michelle...I hope they find her soon. She seems too responsible to just drop out of sight purposely.

Isn't that article from May 2010?

It's unclear how much of a POI her boyfriend/boss, TN, still is. In this article from last August, LE is quoted as saying, "there is a fairly strong possibility that it was a stranger abduction. But we don't have any solid leads as to who that would be".

This article from early this month says things have seemingly changed and that new leads have led them to some people of interest. The reporter draws the conclusion that they are people that Phuong knew, but the Fairfield Police Lt. doesn't say that explicitly. Whether somebody Phuong knew could equal somebody in the nursing field Michelle knows....

A few more details gleaned from the ABC News site (linked):

In the video, the reporter says the missing student told others (at the Kaiser hospital) that "she needed to get something from her car". But she never returned to the hospital.

Her car was found the next day with "valuables still locked inside".

"Investigators traced her cell phone based on tower locations and found it had been in Oakland, Union City and Fremont." Her phone can no longer be tracked (either battery is dead, phone turned off or out of range).

I don't like the sound of it..... :(

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=8159227

Here's a map showing the Kaiser Medical Center complex in relation to where her car was found.

http://tinyurl.com/42q6lxj

A = where her car was parked on Ponderosa Ct.

She would have had to walk through the apartment complex to get to her car. There are a bunch of apartment buildings densely clustered and it wasn't dark just after 7 pm so you would think somebody would have seen something out of the ordinary but we do know that's not a guarantee it didn't happen in the apartments area. I'm guessing she parked there because she wasn't authorized to park in the Kaiser deck but maybe she knew somebody in the apartments.

I used to work at this hospial as a RN back in the mid-80's, so this story really jumped out at me. It doesn't sound good, but I hope she is found safe. Praying for Michelle...

It's unclear how much of a POI her boyfriend/boss, TN, still is. In this article from last August, LE is quoted as saying, "there is a fairly strong possibility that it was a stranger abduction. But we don't have any solid leads as to who that would be".

This article from early this month says things have seemingly changed and that new leads have led them to some people of interest. The reporter draws the conclusion that they are people that Phuong knew, but the Fairfield Police Lt. doesn't say that explicitly. Whether somebody Phuong knew could equal somebody in the nursing field Michelle knows....

Thanks, Chili Fries, my mistake! I apologize--on the article I posted, I saw the "May 21" date but not the year....thump on the head to me....

It does sound as if things have changed. Maybe the perp is someone who teaches nurses and travels around to do so.

I wish we knew if she had parked her car there or not. It seems like a strange place for her to park. I would think that the hospital would have parking for visitors a/o students.

This is so scary...very hard to believe she left on her own, that is for sure...
This sounds like a random abduction, as who would know she would be going out at that time?

I wish we knew if she had parked her car there or not. It seems like a strange place for her to park. I would think that the hospital would have parking for visitors a/o students.

At both the hospital I did my nursing clinicals, and the hospital I worked at as an RN, students were NOT allowed to park in the hospital parking lots for employees or visitors. We were told we would "take up too many spaces," although these were larger hospitals. :waitasec:

We were very predictable, also. If you happened to live in the vicinity of the four blocks we walked to clinicals, you would have known that we were there walking every Tues/Thurs morning between 6 and 6:20am. We always tried to walk together, but sadly... if one of us was late, the other girls were so afraid of being in trouble that we would not wait, leaving one girl to walk those blocks alone. We usually walked back together, too. I remember one day I had a particularly busy day with a patient and had to stay a bit later than usual to compete charting with my clinical instructor. My instructor and I left together, but she got to park in the parking deck and I walked the four blocks alone to my car in not the best of neighborhoods. I was terrified. This was back in the day before everyone had a cell phone. I had one (an old Zach Morris type) but we were not allowed to bring them to the hospital.

The ABC article I posted at Post #18 said that she parked in the Kaiser parking garage and that her car was found a few blocks away on that street. So, it appears she did park in hospital parking garage.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back