GUILTY IN - Erin Justin, 36, Noble County, June 2011

twall

Reaction score
Body found in Noble County lake

Fisherman spotted body, called police

NOBLE COUNTY, Ind. (WANE) - The Noble County Sheriff's Department is investigating a body found at Bartley Lake, which is about seven miles south of Albion.

http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/body-found-at-bartley-lake

video at link also

There was a body recovered in a lake 1/2 mile from my house late Wednesday night, someone found it while night fishing. No missing people reported in the area and foul play has not been ruled out. The news reported divers and LE were searching the area Thursday morning. They are not even releasing if it is a male or female, adult or child. Don't mean to be gross but I am wondering what kind of condition the body was in with the extreme heat, if they could determine the sex upon visual inspection or if they are not releasing it because of the investigation. Homicides are very rare around here, we get one about every 3 yrs.

Bartley Lake body was missing FW woman

NOBLE COUNTY, Ind. (WANE) - The person found in Bartley Lake in Noble County Wednesday was identified Friday as a Fort Wayne woman who may have been camping in the area.

http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/bartley-lake-id

Ft. Wayne is the 2nd biggest city in Indiana and 30 miles SW of us-a lot of people come up here from the city to get away and there a tons of lakes and woods in this county. She was allegedly camping at Bartley lake which is private and directly west of my house with 3 properties on it. I thought it was NW but that is a different lake. Last day she was known for sure to be alive is June 18.

ID Confirmed, Disturbing New Details In Noble County Death Probe

ALBION, Ind. (Indiana's NewsCenter) - Police already suspected foul play, now we know for sure the woman's body pulled from a Noble County lake this week is the subject of a criminal investigation.

A source familiar with the case tells Indiana's NewsCenter that investigators found evidence the woman's feet had been tied to cinder blocks apparently meant to weigh the body down.

June 18th is an important date, because that's the last day Erin Justin is known for sure to have still been alive.

http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/news/video/Body-Pulled-From-Noble-County-Lake-125940028.html

video at link also

Same oh, same oh. The old, She left on foot and never came back, said her fiance. Took 3 days to decide something was wrong and THEN reported her missing. She left all of her belongings behind. :rolleyes:

just sayin'
fran

http://www.journalgazette.net/article/20110723/LOCAL07/307239976/0/LOCAL11

According to the Fort Wayne police log, Justin’s fiancé reported her missing June 21, saying that she had left the Pine Haven Motel, 4905 Bluffton Road, on foot June 18 to visit a friend and had not returned. The fiancé, who was not named in the log, reported that she had left her belongings behind.

Two Noble County detectives and an Indiana State Police detective have been assigned to Justin’s case. Clouse said they have no suspects or persons of interest.

Authorities are asking anyone who may have been in the area of Bartley and Port Mitchell lakes between June 18 and Wednesday to call the Noble County Sheriff’s Department at 260-636-2182.

So whatever happened? Was trhe coroner's report ever released? This is so sad, I can't stand the thought of Erin, of anyone, just fading away with no closure of some sort for family and friends...

This article confirms that search dog were brought in:

http://www.busconews.com/news/county/3940-body-recovered-at-albion-area-lake.html

After dawn Thursday, K-9 dogs from several area emergency agencies canvassed the area, looking for evidence and more information, while divers searched the lake. They returned Friday to continue the search. Noble County Sheriff Doug Harp reported that searchers didn’t find any more major clues or pieces of evidence in the lake or the surrounding private property.
Bartley Lake is relatively isolated, with only a few homes nearby, but it can be accessed by boat from Port Mitchell. The body was found near the channel to Port Mitchell Lake, in about 15-25 feet of water.

There has been an arrest!!!

http://wane.com/news/noble-county-prosecutor-releases-details-on-woman-found-dead/

Police have arrested two Fort Wayne men for the death of a woman nearly three years ago. The body of Erin Justin from Fort Wayne was found in Bartley Lake in Noble County in late July of 2011 by a fisherman.

Noble County Prosecutor Steven Clouse said a tip led them to who investigators may have killed Justin. Andres Gonzalez Jr. of Fort Wayne was arrested for murder and removing a body from a scene. His brother, Victor Manuel Gonzalez of Fort Wayne, was arrested on charges of assisting a criminal and removing a body from a scene.

I alerted a mod so the thread title could be changed to include arrest. Please let me know if I handled it the wrong way. I'm not sure what I am suppose to do when this happens.

I am not clear how Noble county can charge Andres Gonzalez, Jr with murder when the murder happened in Ft. Wayne/Allen county which is 30 miles from where her body was found?

Does anyone know why that is?

I am not clear how Noble county can charge Andres Gonzalez, Jr with murder when the murder happened in Ft. Wayne/Allen county which is 30 miles from where her body was found?

Does anyone know why that is?
v

In the video at the link I posted above about the arrest, the reporter says although she was killed in Allen County, they thought it was best to charge them in the county where she was found.

I have no idea why they made that choice, other than maybe it has something to do with so much time passing and that there would be no evidence left of a crime scene in the garage where she was murdered.

It's a good question twall.

v

In the video at the link I posted above about the arrest, the reporter says although she was killed in Allen County, they thought it was best to charge them in the county where she was found.

I have no idea why they made that choice, other than maybe it has something to do with so much time passing and that there would be no evidence left of a crime scene in the garage where she was murdered.

It's a good question twall.

Thank you, I couldn't get the video to play last night but I just tried again and it worked. I did not know charging in another county where the murder did not take place was possible. I learned something new with this case.

I am really curious if this will go to trial and if it does I want to attend as I live 3 miles from the courthouse and graduated high school with the prosecutor.

Brothers arrested in woman’s 2011 death
Tip credited in case of stripper found in Noble County lake

http://journalgazette.com/article/20140327/LOCAL03/303279984

video of press conference at link

ugh at the byline and story-who cares if she was a stripper, used drugs and has a criminal record? That doesn't mean her life is of any less value.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back